Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby Journo's

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

"the journalist": the ultracrepidarian

I am not referring to Murray Kinsella with that expression.

I know who you're talking about, I'm just wondering what your real beef is. It's not about the quality of his writing, that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

I know who you're talking about, I'm just wondering what your real beef is. It's not about the quality of his writing, that's for sure.

I think anyone who plays any sport deserves some respect for the amount of training and intensity. Even more so anyone who plays a contact sport. You generally don't get paid a lot unless - so they sacrifices deserve some respect. If you treat people with very little respect to make some money, I think you deserve to be called out on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

I think anyone who plays any sport deserves some respect for the amount of training and intensity. Even more so anyone who plays a contact sport. You generally don't get paid a lot unless - so they sacrifices deserve some respect. If you treat people with very little respect to make some money, I think you deserve to be called out on it.
    I think you're being bit harsh and reading too much into what some/this journo in particular are writing.
    And you've avoided some of my earlier questions in the thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭swiwi_

...rugby journos, without the apostrophe...

Nothing like a bit of grammar pedantry to light up the festive season

• Registered Users Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

swiwi_ wrote: »
    ...rugby journos, without the apostrophe...

Nothing like a bit of grammar pedantry to light up the festive season

ha ha. Love it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement