Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Outdoor Christmas Lights (mistake)

  • 29-11-2020 8:38pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭ corblimey


    I've just realised I made a big mistake when putting away my decorations after last Christmas. I have several sets of lights that I hang indoors and outdoors. I usually wrap them around a thick piece of cardboard and write whether they're internal or external on the card. Last year, I changed all of the cardboard but somehow neglected to write the type down.

    So now I have 6 sets of lights and no idea if they're safe for outdoor use. Is it possible to tell from the set whether they're suitable for external use or not? I really don't want to blow a fuse.


Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭ Nigzcurran


    corblimey wrote: »
    I've just realised I made a big mistake when putting away my decorations after last Christmas. I have several sets of lights that I hang indoors and outdoors. I usually wrap them around a thick piece of cardboard and write whether they're internal or external on the card. Last year, I changed all of the cardboard but somehow neglected to write the type down.

    So now I have 6 sets of lights and no idea if they're safe for outdoor use. Is it possible to tell from the set whether they're suitable for external use or not? I really don't want to blow a fuse.

    Do they not have a label on the cord near the plug stating if they are indoor or outdoor use?


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭ corblimey


    Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Do they not have a label on the cord near the plug stating if they are indoor or outdoor use?

    Thankyou! Never even occurred to me check the label -- none of them have plugs as it's detachable on all sets, but enough of them have labels stating outdoor and indoor use that I think I can make it work.


  • Registered Users Posts: 26,271 ✭✭✭✭ freshpopcorn


    corblimey wrote: »
    Thankyou! Never even occurred to me check the label -- none of them have plugs as it's detachable on all sets, but enough of them have labels stating outdoor and indoor use that I think I can make it work.

    Lots of lights now are suitable for both but that probably doesn't help.


Advertisement