Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Xceed PHEV

Options
  • 29-11-2020 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Considering making a move away from petrol car to a hybrid car, in particular the Kia Xceed PHEV. Currently have Toyota car.. would you recommend or any opinions on the Xceed?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Havent seen this yet.
    Have you got a link to the car in question?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,075 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I dont think too many have them yet. YouTube reviews are only out a few weeks so its going to be hard to get real customer reviews.

Two reviews probably worth looking at

Irish review

Well known EV YouTuber so knows his EV stuff

Its not Kia's first attempt at a PHEV so I'd be expecting it to be a quality car if Kia is your thing.

Some obvious questions for you.... do you have a driveway so that you can charge it everyday.... a PHEV that you dont charge is pointless, so you need a driveway.

Is your typical day <50km?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Sparks15

Cheers for the reviews 👍🏻
    Some obvious questions for you.... do you have a driveway so that you can charge it everyday.... a PHEV that you dont charge is pointless, so you need a driveway.
    Yep I have a driveway. Does a charging point need to be installed near the meter box?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Sparks15 wrote: »
    Cheers for the reviews ðŸ‘ðŸ»

Yep I have a driveway. Does a charging point need to be installed near the meter box?

It needs to come from your fusebox if that's any help.

A lot of the time they come outside with the cable and clip it along the wall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,075 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Sparks15 wrote: »
    Does a charging point need to be installed near the meter box?

I take it you are not a sparks (electrician) eventhough thats your name on here?! :)

The charge point will go wherever you want it to go... i.e. usually within 5-10m of where you park the car.

The gotcha is that the cable feeding it, has to be a dedicated cable back to the consumer board (not the meter box).

You'll need an electrician to give you your options once they see your layout. If its a difficult install there are options.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Sparks15

I take it you are not a sparks (electrician) eventhough thats your name on here?!
    Nickname for another reason :D

Thanks for all the info

Advertisement