Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Eagle

Options
  • 29-11-2020 12:59pm

reductions seem the lowest that they will go now I would say

40 to 50% off

free shipping over 50 dollars and dollar is weak

delivery was really quick on my last order just over a week ago - about 4 or 5 days but that was really maybe quicker than normal.

just bought some more as really good value

ignore the prompts to move to the "Irish" site. the deals are on the US site.

Jeans and Hoodies in particular are good quality imo. some like the cargo shorts too.

https://www.ae.com/intl/en/c/men/mens?pagetype=clp

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭mickotoole

glasso wrote: »
    reductions seem the lowest that they will go now I would say

40 to 50% off

free shipping over 50 dollars and dollar is weak

delivery was really quick on my last order just over a week ago - about 4 or 5 days but that was really maybe quicker than normal.

just bought some more as really good value

ignore the prompts to move to the "Irish" site. the deals are on the US site.

Jeans and Hoodies in particular are good quality imo. some like the cargo shorts too.

https://www.ae.com/intl/en/c/men/mens?pagetype=clp
    I like their stuff but have got caught twice for customs. AE use FedEx and FedEx will charge the duty regardless of whether it's"caught" or not

mickotoole wrote: »
    I like their stuff but have got caught twice for customs. AE use FedEx and FedEx will charge the duty regardless of whether it's"caught" or not

ordered stuff just over a week ago and was delivered a couple of days ago with zero extra charges collected

was delivered by courier

they were advertising before (earlier this year) that they pay customs charges but can't see that on the site now - must have a closer look.

Seems legit to me and tallies with my experience of orders this year - no additional charges.

https://www.ae.com/intl/en/content/help/shipping-handling
    All deliveries are pending credit approval, merchandise availability, delivery and weather conditions.

We currently cover duties and taxes in most countries

Duties and taxes may be due upon delivery in the following countries: South Korea, Israel, Greenland, Russia

Based on the country you are shipping to, you may have the option to ship standard, express, or both.
    We are unable to ship more than 20 items per order to international addresses.
    Free shipping is available for standard shipping to international countries on orders over $50 USD. This offer excludes orders shipping to Brazil, Andorra, Bulgaria, Iceland, New Guinea, Turkey and Uruguay
    If you would like to place an order shipping to the U.S. or Canada please change your site settings in my account. Items in your bag will not transfer and product assortment may vary across sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭R11

Have you paid customs tax? I like their stuff but not much of a bargain if we have to pay duty..... But then glasso says we don't....... Confusing!

R11 wrote: »
    Have you paid customs tax? I like their stuff but not much of a bargain if we have to pay duty..... But then glasso says we don't....... Confusing!

I think that that poster is talking about orders years ago (or before this year at least)

them paying duties is only a recent thing (has been in for this year anyways)

as said, I've received orders this year, including this week with no duties or indeed any extra charges whatsoever.

it's also written in their shipping terms and conditions with the exclusions listed (Ireland obviously not listed there in the exclusions)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭R11

Thanks glasso. How long does delivery take usually? Would I have stuff by Christmas?

R11 wrote: »
    Thanks glasso. How long does delivery take usually? Would I have stuff by Christmas?

I can't say exactly how long shipping will take

all I can say is that I ordered Nov 21 and received 26 on my last order (3 items) - that was amazingly quick

Black Friday weekend may slow stuff down for you but I would be fairly confident of getting it before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Tails142

Thanks for the alert OP, ordered some polo's and shirts there. Can't beat a polo shirt for $17/€15.

Bought a load of stuff from AE back in 2007, got stung with customs that time but I am still wearing some it 13 years later haha!! Hopefully no problems this time.

Said it would arrive by December 8th

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

ordered 3 times today and about an hour later I get emails saying its cancelled. what should i do?

skinny90 wrote: »
    ordered 3 times today and about an hour later I get emails saying its cancelled. what should i do?

Has it happened to anyone else

• Advertisement

You get charged through the nose too. Ended up almost doubling the cost of my order.

Has it happened to anyone else

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭budgemook

Reviews seem good, will give them a try.

Hopefully order isn’t cancelled!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭ryanmatty

Did you try the eu site?

https://aeo.eu/en/

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Jonesy101

i ordered from here earlier in the year. it sometimes pops up and says they pay the customs. I got the stuff no problem. AE is a good brand a bit like Abercrombie all v good material and hard wearing. 8 womens undies for 30$ or a decent quality quality T for 12$ cant beat it

ryanmatty wrote: »
    Did you try the eu site?

no it was the US site, better options and better prices, I tried using my address pal address, then shipped to ireland. I tried using revolut and then tried using PayPal.

Each times the orders were cancelled after an hour. Its not a stock issue either...just wondering has anyone had the same issue with the US site and how did they get around it

Yep.

how did you work around it? surely there shouldnt be an issue buying off the US site

how did you work around it? surely there shouldnt be an issue buying off the US site

I didn't work around it. I bought once and got the big import duty fee from them and paid it. Then never bought again. Not a bargain once you include it.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭stdidit

I didn't work around it. I bought once and got the big import duty fee from them and paid it. Then never bought again. Not a bargain once you include it.

When did this happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

The clothes they sell are horrendous looking. Surely they are made for teenage boys?

• Advertisement

theryre jeans are very good quality, couldnt see myself getting any of the shirts, polos etc

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Joziburg

Is it that if you buy off the below site there are no customs but using the US site there is?

Sam Hain wrote: »
    The clothes they sell are horrendous looking. Surely they are made for teenage boys?

I ordered a pair of slim jeans, polo, t-shirt and a hoodie. I don't know how they could be described as horrendous looking unless you simply hate jeans and hoodies - they are plain as plain can be. Presumably you had a 2 minute look at the website and only saw some of the younger styles like the ripped jeans (which wouldn't be my cup of tea either).

American Eagle currently sort out the customs as they state on their shipping and handling conditions

Not sure why people who got "caught" (i.e. when American Eagle were not sorting customs so perfectly normal to have to pay it - not "caught") are posting about a prior situation - are they still sore about it?

https://www.ae.com/intl/en/content/h...pping-handling

All deliveries are pending credit approval, merchandise availability, delivery and weather conditions.

We currently cover duties and taxes in most countries

Duties and taxes may be due upon delivery in the following countries: South Korea, Israel, Greenland, Russia

Based on the country you are shipping to, you may have the option to ship standard, express, or both.
    We are unable to ship more than 20 items per order to international addresses.
    Free shipping is available for standard shipping to international countries on orders over $50 USD. This offer excludes orders shipping to Brazil, Andorra, Bulgaria, Iceland, New Guinea, Turkey and Uruguay
    If you would like to place an order shipping to the U.S. or

as for people going on about the clothes if you actually look there is plenty of stuff with only discrete / pretty much invisible branding or none at all.

if you've never actually tried the quality of their clothing you don't really have a bog do you?

re payment if you haven't done so already I'd try paying by paypal

paying with a European credit or debit card directly may flag up fraud issues and be cancelled automatically.

Joziburg wrote: »
    Is it that if you buy off the below site there are no customs but using the US site there is?

no,

there is no customs from the US site and free shipping over $50

see shipping conditions from US site in above post

the eu site has very few items and is a lot more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Len_007

Oder went through for me, Revolut did not work

Len_007 wrote: »
    Oder went through for me, Revolut did not work

PayPal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Anyone else getting address issues with PayPal?

Saying my address contains formatting not compatible with ae.com

Advertisement