Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reciever + Wired Speakers or Wireless BT Speakers

Options
  • 28-11-2020 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

My better half recently got a turntable (AT-LP120XBT-USB) and some vinyl as a gift, I do love music. From doing a bit of research it sounds like my options are wired amplifier and speakers or bluetooth speakers. Wired is presumably better sound and wireless better flexibility in terms of placement. If getting an amp(should call this a Reciever I think) I would like it to have tuner and CD player (I have a large collection of CDs I regularly listen to) but dont know if that is a big compromise, should I get seperates? I'm an 80:20 kind of person so wont go mad on budget. I just have a JBL wireless speaker, usually listen with headphones while working.
    I would greatly appreciate any and all advice on what would be a good option.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭joficeduns1

Using a turntable and vinyl with bluetooth speakers kind of ruins the point. You'd be converting the analogue signal into digital and then dispersing through a wireless frequency. If it suits you, go for it, but I think it would be a disservice to the mode.

Look into separates, you can get some reasonable deals on an amp and a set of bookshelf speakers. These are connected through copper speaker wires. It can be a bit of a money-sink, but you'll use it forever and can add/upgrade things over time.

Is this going to be in a living area with a TV? You could look into an AV receiver, which could take in all your audio sources (turntable phono, CD player, even Bluetooth from a phone etc.) as well as your visual media (sky box, console, chromecast, etc.) and manage that all at once. I use a Denon AVR X1600H and it has inputs for everything. Be warned though, this will lead you to looking into 5.1 systems for movie watching and more, so set a budget in mind and see what you can do.

You'll be amazed at the difference you'd get from even a simple amp and stereo speaker setup though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 softmint13

Using a turntable and vinyl with bluetooth speakers kind of ruins the point. You'd be converting the analogue signal into digital and then dispersing through a wireless frequency. If it suits you, go for it, but I think it would be a disservice to the mode.

Look into separates, you can get some reasonable deals on an amp and a set of bookshelf speakers. These are connected through copper speaker wires. It can be a bit of a money-sink, but you'll use it forever and can add/upgrade things over time.

Is this going to be in a living area with a TV? You could look into an AV receiver, which could take in all your audio sources (turntable phono, CD player, even Bluetooth from a phone etc.) as well as your visual media (sky box, console, chromecast, etc.) and manage that all at once. I use a Denon AVR X1600H and it has inputs for everything. Be warned though, this will lead you to looking into 5.1 systems for movie watching and more, so set a budget in mind and see what you can do.

You'll be amazed at the difference you'd get from even a simple amp and stereo speaker setup though.

Thanks joficeduns, that all makes a lot of sense. It will be in the living room but have a sound at for the TV and kind of want to keep it away from the TV. I've been talking with one of the guys from richersounds and am thinking of pulling the trigger on this.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-13742-denon-dm41-black-monitor-audio-bronze-1-blk-mini-system-inc-speakers.aspx
    I think it is pretty much everything I'm looking for and gets super reviews. What do you think.
    Actually used to design parts for AVRs once upon a time, video stuff though, dont know much about audio. Really appreciate the response.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭joficeduns1

That looks like it'll do the job for you, hard to see it beat at that price and its nice to have it bundled with speakers. It's nice to have an audio-only portion of a room, so I'm sure you'll be happy with it. Enjoy it!

Advertisement