Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Smitwicks Red Ale sample with Sendmeasample (Google Assistant or Alexa required)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭fdevine

2smiggy wrote: »
    i'd hate to have anything of value delivered by Fastway

They delivered a votive candle set, intended to be a Christmas present, which was smashed to bits in transit. Then they managed to lose the return so I'm still waiting on a refund

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Diggerdunne

Mine arrived today

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭bossdrum

I got mine yesterday.
    It was wrapped very well in bubble wrap but amazingly had numerous large dents on it which could only have happened with strong force.
    I'll still drink it but I wouldn't be happy if I was diageo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭BigAl81

bossdrum wrote: »
    I got mine yesterday.
    It was wrapped very well in bubble wrap but amazingly had numerous large dents

Same, will taste it tonight and report back :D

535736.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Got mine today too.. was packaged fine. Few dents alright... is it possible the free samples were exclusively dented cans?

Fastway courier was even wearing a mask which is the first courier I've seen with a mask in a few weeks now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Mine arrived yesterday dent free.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭BigAl81

BigAl81 wrote:
    Same, will taste it tonight and report back

Not bad for free! Was a little flat compared to a lager, but it's an ale so I guess that's to be expected?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Received mine this morning. It must have been delivered late last night and was left outside the apartment door. Dont know how the driver made it past an electric gate, the locked front door and then made made his way up to the apartment. First courier to ever do that. They usually just leave it in the lobby. No bell rung or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,967 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Hogzy wrote: »
    Received mine this morning. It must have been delivered late last night and was left outside the apartment door. Dont know how the driver made it past an electric gate, the locked front door and then made made his way up to the apartment. First courier to ever do that. They usually just leave it in the lobby. No bell rung or anything.

The milk tray guy must be moonlighting :)

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,766 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

got mine today, wrapped in so much bubble wrap they could have been delivering an egg and it would have been fine.
    The wife looked at me like I was insane unwrapping my single can of bland ale, but you can't argue with free beer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Mine was received. A lot of plastic packaging and bubblewrap for a single can of beer. The cost of the courier must have been a good bit as well.
    Not complaining about free beer, but that's some pricey activation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

loyatemu wrote: »
    got mine today, wrapped in so much bubble wrap they could have been delivering an egg and it would have been fine.
    The wife looked at me like I was insane unwrapping my single can of bland ale, but you can't argue with free beer!

Count yourself lucky, my wife drank mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Smithwicks would normally be a go-to for me in pubs without a good run on Guinness and don't mind it, but the can was all a bit flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

I am so sick of listening to this annoying ad on Spotify free, at least Uber Eats has Snoop dog going on about sushi and a reindeer. I am tempted to get a free can just to shove it up the hole or whatever moron created this ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

theguzman wrote: »
    I am so sick of listening to this annoying ad on Spotify free, at least Uber Eats has Snoop dog going on about sushi and a reindeer. I am tempted to get a free can just to shove it up the hole or whatever moron created this ad.

Or buy spotify premium!

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

theguzman wrote: »

That will teach him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,408 ✭✭✭Nollog

That will teach him.

Or her.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭breeno

My can never arrived :(

Christmas is ruined now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

breeno wrote: »
    My can never arrived :(

Christmas is ruined now.

Your local fastway courier is probably going to have a merry Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

Is there a way of knowing what other samples are available?

• Advertisement

You know, this was actually smart business from Smitwicks. I'd have never ordered a pint of it before getting the free can, had a pint of it in the pub at the weekend and really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭manor

Guinness in the new year plus chocolate in March

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

loyatemu wrote: »

I must have been unlucky so, got a damp bag handed to me, had forgotten about the sample till I opened it.
    Can was mangled and had bust open.
    Fired off an email a week ago and no answer.
    Pity as I was looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭fdevine

Mine eventually arrived with a few dings but was intact at least

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭jack in the box

Tastes like slightly flavoured water. Surprised I finished it, was muck!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

mik_da_man wrote: »
    I must have been unlucky so, got a damp bag handed to me, had forgotten about the sample till I opened it.

exactly the same happened to me this morning. filthy mangled can in bits, stinking and wet in a black plastic bag.

Ridiculous.

Who did you email?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

mik_da_man wrote: »

You fired off an angry email complaining about free stuff not being to your satisfaction!?

And all this hassle for something that costs less than 2 euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,408 ✭✭✭Nollog

You fired off an angry email complaining about free stuff not being to your satisfaction!?

And all this hassle for something that costs less than 2 euro?

Yeah, it's something that smithwicks paid good money for, letting them know they got scammed by fastway helps us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

I never got mine. Bah Humbug.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭rameire

New sample for a Cadbury caramel bar. Available.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

Advertisement