Advertisement
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Golf Apparel Deals

  • 23-11-2020 2:01pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 19,545 ✭✭✭✭ PARlance


    For the week that's in it!

    Following up from another thread
    RGS wrote: »
    I'd recommend the aqua dry from Craig hopper. I buy them in regatta usually cost around 80 euro.
    Waterproof thermal lined. Best trousers for golf this time of the year.

    These are now discounted by (50%, down to €42.50) on the Craghopper site. I have the Aquadry (Stefan) ones for years and they're great, look the part on the golf course as well.

    Decided to go for the Kiwi Pro version this time around.

    https://www.craghoppers.ie/mens/trousers/waterproof-trousers/

    An additional 10% off if you sign up to the newsletter and free delivery on orders over €80. The 10% isn't factored into delivery, so if you're just above €80 before that discount, it's still free.


«13

Comments

  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭ charlieIRL


    bugger I closed down the sign up screen without writing down the discount code, can someone send it on please?


  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭ Poker Face


    PARlance wrote: »
    For the week that's in it!

    Following up from another thread



    These are now discounted by (50%, down to €42.50) on the Craghopper site. I have the Aquadry (Stefan) ones for years and they're great, look the part on the golf course as well.

    Decided to go for the Kiwi Pro version this time around.

    https://www.craghoppers.ie/mens/trousers/waterproof-trousers/

    An additional 10% off if you sign up to the newsletter and free delivery on orders over €80. The 10% isn't factored into delivery, so if you're just above €80 before that discount, it's still free.

    Thanks.... would you normally just use these in the winter. would you be sweating in these on a wet day during the summer?


  • Registered Users Posts: 19,545 ✭✭✭✭ PARlance


    Poker Face wrote: »
    Thanks.... would you normally just use these in the winter. would you be sweating in these on a wet day during the summer?

    I have an over trouser in the bag that I use for summer downpours. You don't put these over another pair of trousers.

    You would sweat a bit on a "nice" summers day. But an overcast and rainy one would be fine imo. They're walking trousers so designed to be comfortable in a good range of climates.


  • Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭ Pdoghue


    They look a bit bulky for golf, no?


  • Registered Users Posts: 19,545 ✭✭✭✭ PARlance


    charlieIRL wrote: »
    bugger I closed down the sign up screen without writing down the discount code, can someone send it on please?

    Think it's a unique code Charlie!

    DSJGDKL-D98GDF6-10 was mine but I've used it.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭ paulos53


    I just signed up and got the same code


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭ recyclops


    Amazon warehouse is offering a further 30% off like new products , the discount gets shown right before you pay. I have used warehouse before if you order like new products it tends to be an issue with the packaging only

    Last week I order a set of Macgregor CG2000 clubs and bag for €150, link to the golf section below

    https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?i=sports&bbn=3581866031&rh=n%3A3581866031%2Cn%3A318949011%2Cn%3A324115011&dc&fst=as%3Aoff&qid=1606142275&rnid=3581866031&ref=sr_nr_n_25


  • Registered Users Posts: 23,483 ✭✭✭✭ Frisbee


    PARlance wrote: »
    I have an over trouser in the bag that I use for summer downpours. You don't put these over another pair of trousers.

    You would sweat a bit on a "nice" summers day. But an overcast and rainy one would be fine imo. They're walking trousers so designed to be comfortable in a good range of climates.

    Nice one, was going to ask this. And would you just get them in the size you would get normal pants in? No need to go a size up?


  • Registered Users Posts: 19,545 ✭✭✭✭ PARlance


    Pdoghue wrote: »
    They look a bit bulky for golf, no?

    Not really, they aren't tight for sure but I don't think winter ones are anyway.
    Frisbee wrote: »
    Nice one, was going to ask this. And would you just get them in the size you would get normal pants in? No need to go a size up?

    No need to size up, there's a "part elasticated waist" on them so a bit of give. My old pair were 32, Covid and life haven't been kind and I'm 34 now and they still fit.... but I admitted defeat and went 34 for this order.

    There's a belt buckle on them as well if you go the other direction.

    I'll stop recommending them now in case I get any complaints!
    For €43 they are a real bargain imo.


  • Registered Users Posts: 15,795 ✭✭✭✭ Mantis Toboggan


    Lovely need a proper pair of pants for winter. Bought just enough for the free shipping and got the 10% off :)

    Never used these before hopefully decent.


    IRISHMEN AND IRISHWOMEN: "In the name of God and of the dead generations from which she receives her old tradition of nationhood, Ireland, through us, summons her children to her flag and strikes for her freedom"

    Irish Proclamation



  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,841 ✭✭✭ fred funk }{


    Thanks Lads, I just ordered myself a pair of the Stefan.


  • Registered Users Posts: 19,545 ✭✭✭✭ PARlance


    Feeling the pressure of making the recommendation now :) someone had recommended them at full price last week (I seconded) and I thought I better throw them up seeing they were half price, let me know what you think anyway.


  • Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭ RGS


    PARlance wrote: »
    Feeling the pressure of making the recommendation now :) someone had recommended them at full price last week (I seconded) and I thought I better throw them up seeing they were half price, let me know what you think anyway.

    I know the feeling as I recommend them last week.

    But they are great trousers.

    My 2 regulars golfing partners wear them s well.


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,841 ✭✭✭ fred funk }{


    PARlance wrote: »
    Feeling the pressure of making the recommendation now :) someone had recommended them at full price last week (I seconded) and I thought I better throw them up seeing they were half price, let me know what you think anyway.

    They better be the rolls-royce of trousers or I'm coming looking for you ðŸ˜


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭ RoadRunner


    PARlance wrote: »
    Feeling the pressure of making the recommendation now :)

    "THANK YOU FOR YOUR ORDER
    We'll email you an order confirmation with details and tracking info."

    Lots of disappointment if you called this one wrong PARlance :pac:


  • Registered Users Posts: 19,545 ✭✭✭✭ PARlance


    I should have set up an affiliate scheme with them!


  • Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭ paulos53


    I read a few reviews and there was conflicting advice on the washing instructions. Some say wash as normal, others say you must use a special detergent to protect the waterproof layer.


    PARLance, What has been your experience?


  • Registered Users Posts: 19,545 ✭✭✭✭ PARlance


    paulos53 wrote: »
    I read a few reviews and there was conflicting advice on the washing instructions. Some say wash as normal, others say you must use a special detergent to protect the waterproof layer.


    PARLance, What has been your experience?

    Never used any special detergent Paulos and they're still perfect.


  • Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭ paulos53


    Cheers for that. Order placed now


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭ finglashoop


    Arw these fully waterproof?


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,498 ✭✭✭✭ Mushy


    Had started looking at boots for walking when came upon this thread. The kiwi ones fell into the online basket somehow


  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭ REFLINE1


    Think im going to grab a pair. Signed up for the newsletter, got an email but dont see a 10% discount code?


  • Registered Users Posts: 23,483 ✭✭✭✭ Frisbee


    PARlance wrote: »
    No need to size up, there's a "part elasticated waist" on them so a bit of give. My old pair were 32, Covid and life haven't been kind and I'm 34 now and they still fit.... but I admitted defeat and went 34 for this order.

    There's a belt buckle on them as well if you go the other direction.

    I'll stop recommending them now in case I get any complaints!
    For €43 they are a real bargain imo.

    Cheers, just ordered myself a pair of the Kiwi Pro. Now just have to hope I get a chance to use them this side of Christmas!


  • Registered Users Posts: 19,498 ✭✭✭✭ Mushy


    REFLINE1 wrote: »
    Think im going to grab a pair. Signed up for the newsletter, got an email but dont see a 10% discount code?

    Use the code posted above, I used it as wasnt accepting newsletter signup for me but got the discount (much appreciated to that poster)


  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭ REFLINE1


    Mushy wrote: »
    Use the code posted above, I used it as wasnt accepting newsletter signup for me but got the discount (much appreciated to that poster)

    Tried that last night but wouldn't work but no problems today, thanks!


  • Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭ RGS


    Arw these fully waterproof?

    IMO they are the best waterproof trousers around.

    Great thing is they are not overtrousers.


  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Franks12


    Thanks for this - I was actually looking for some new waterproof gear. Has anyone every used any of their jackets for golf and if so what did they think?


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭ finglashoop


    RGS wrote: »
    IMO they are the best waterproof trousers around.

    Great thing is they are not overtrousers.

    Pulled trigger anyway on this recommendation


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,308 ✭✭✭✭ prawnsambo


    Franks12 wrote: »
    Thanks for this - I was actually looking for some new waterproof gear. Has anyone every used any of their jackets for golf and if so what did they think?
    I would imagine they wouldn't be suitable. Best to get one developed specifically for golf. You need something that gets right up into your armpits or as close as possible so as not to interfere with your swing.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭ Deporhostia


    RGS wrote: »
    IMO they are the best waterproof trousers around.

    Great thing is they are not overtrousers.

    Thanks for the recommendation, bought some last night (Stefan) couldn't help myself!


Advertisement