Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Property Thread

Options
1373839404143»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭notAMember

How much is an engineers report these days?

In a sellers position, I'd consider it a way to flush out timewasters. Engineer's report isn't a big investment if you are serious imho. I've had a good few done in my time. You'd have to do it anyway to proceed with the sale. I agree it's not a good system, and there should be standard charters engineers report that the sellers should supply, that's what I hoped the BER would eventually evolve into, but it ain't happening.

It IS unusual to see a single cash buyer buying a family home btw. Rather than hard-balling, why don't you do some storytelling, explain the background, your plans for the future etc. All this relationship building with the auctioneers does make a difference, especially in Ireland. People often care about their neighbours if they have lived there for a while, they want to be reassured they are not shafting their old friends by putting in a drug-dealer or student party animal into their house and just taking the highest bidder.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 rebelette91

Yes I do agree with your points.

I suppose I felt I shouldn’t have to justify myself to the seller/auctioneer in any way. I felt that all they should need was proof of funds which they were provided with.

I did hard ball him today and low and behold the others have pulled out and I’ve a second viewing tomorrow and they have accepted my offer.

From the beginning, the whole process has been very sketchy from the auctioneer’s side and it has really made me question the value I’m getting for the house. I am not in a mad rush to buy but I did really like the house.

Will see how the viewing tomorrow goes, at least I feel the ball is more in my court now.

Thanks for all replies!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I have a deep distrust of auctioneers and estate agents.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Iguarantee

I don’t distrust them, I just understand their priority. An auctioneers sole task is to sell the property for the highest possible price.

This crap about wanting to sell to a family etc….money talks and a single man’s money spends the same as the money from a family of four.

The only thing the auctioneer should care about is getting the highest price. If I hired one to sell my house, I won’t be getting sentimental about who buys the house, just drive the price as high as it’ll go and close the sale, that’s why I’m paying you commission.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Iscreamkone

I think their priority is to get it sold at any price rather than the best price. Sell it and move on. The 1.5% on the last 20k is not where they make their wages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Bielsa2020

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭DylanQuestion

An apartment to let in Lancaster Gate. One bed, €2500 a month.. insane

• Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭.red.

This is lovely, but it's still just a 3 bed for €699, the country is gone mad.

https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/bungalow-3-maglin-vale-ballincollig-co-cork/5532308

• Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭.red.

This one is absolutely stunning, a lottery winning house for me. Loads of space, big garden, privacy and a short drive from ballincollig and the city.

https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/detached-house-apsley-house-killumney-ovens-ovens-co-cork/5636415

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭CorkRed93

total nonsense. the rest of that estate isnt even that nice ffs

• Advertisement
Advertisement