Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I hope everyone’s doing okay

Options
  • 22-11-2020 9:46pm

Especially this time of year. Hope you’re all staying safe and are reasonably okay. Tough time of year for most people made worse from covid.

Personally just fed up, everything’s weird and I’m unsure of what I can and can’t do, taking a toll. Hopefully we can get back to “normal” soon, I miss avoiding people because of crippling anxiety not because of a virus.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Grandyeah. Nice one.

endacl wrote: »
    Grandyeah. Nice one.

ah yeah. Sure look.

FedUp would be an appropriate hashtag for this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,464 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Trump won

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

It’s made me realise that 99% of the people I know aren’t worth the anxiety they give me. Apart from my folks and kids the rest can F off.

• Advertisement

Trump won the election

i know. because he has the vaccine in his back pocket.

It's Biden's fault. About the missing Trump votes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

eac05f19ad76af2993e91d9c65c84418.jpg

This but Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,870 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Ah that's one kind post.

Just plod on every day and try to keep yourself and family members safe as best you can.

Browned off too though. But there is light out there, just have to be patient. It won't last forever, all pandemics ended eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Psychlops

Personally doing great, still in work which is brilliant, only really miss the gym & swimming pool/sauna, still get to see my friends as I work with a few & in Galway City nearly everybody is within 5k so you can see some people out & about. Instead of the gym etc I now go for an hour cycle after work, I find it great to get away from the phone for an hour & just cycle.

Not missing the pub one bit, back into my boxsets (Banshee,Ray Donovan,Billions) so really good to rewatch them by staying up late when off work the next day & enjoying a single malt whiskey with it too, also got a brand new PC specifically for gaming, you would not believe how great it is to kill a few hours playing Grand Theft Auto online considering there is nothing on TV :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I'm in great form, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭fluke

Hey Raichu (and all reading this thread), hope you're all doing okay. It's been a weird year and stressful for many.

On a personal level this time of the year is a far cry from where I was at the beginning of the year, nevermind a year ago...but I am thankful that things are grand enough in their own way, and I am in a much better place mentally than I was in the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Ol4bLOxEm5TO.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Im angry .... Vinnie Jones angry ...
    at first I was scared of this virus, really thought there would be 100,000 deaths in Ireland, millions where I live (Spain)
    Now I see it as a ****ing excuse to control.

You look how Australia has lost the f*cking plot !! , same in NZ, Norway, just dictatorships....

This vaccination will be forced on us if we want to travel, and I am no anti vaxxer, my kids have all the vaccines that kids get - as do I , but these have been around for decades and are safe.

These covid vaccines are new and no one knows what the long term effect is .

And I am supposed to give this to my kids (for kids regular flu is more dangerous) so I can return home, or go anywhere outside Spain ???

I am resigned to the fact I'll never see my parents again (in their seventies, Dad is mentally sharp but physically not great, mam is physically fine but has dementia)

We live in a global dictatorship

Human rights/civil rights are an ILLUSION!!!

Irony is Trump would have opened US up again, got things moving ... maybe rest of world would have copped on, but now Joe Biden will shut the US economy down ... millions will die - but don't worry , not of Covid !! NOT OF COVID!!!

It's OK to die - so long as it's not from COVID !!

Psychlops wrote: »
    Personally doing great, still in work which is brilliant, only really miss the gym & swimming pool/sauna, still get to see my friends as I work with a few & in Galway City nearly everybody is within 5k so you can see some people out & about. Instead of the gym etc I now go for an hour cycle after work, I find it great to get away from the phone for an hour & just cycle.

Not missing the pub one bit, back into my boxsets (Banshee,Ray Donovan,Billions) so really good to rewatch them by staying up late when off work the next day & enjoying a single malt whiskey with it too, also got a brand new PC specifically for gaming, you would not believe how great it is to kill a few hours playing Grand Theft Auto online considering there is nothing on TV :)

Actually DOOM eternal got me through the first lockdown ... amazing escapism ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭JasonStatham

Especially this time of year. Hope you’re all staying safe and are reasonably okay. Tough time of year for most people made worse from covid.

Personally just fed up, everything’s weird and I’m unsure of what I can and can’t do, taking a toll. Hopefully we can get back to “normal” soon, I miss avoiding people because of crippling anxiety not because of a virus.

Any side projects going?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

at first I was scared of this virus, really thought there would be 100,000 deaths in Ireland, millions where I live (Spain)

You look how Australia has lost the f*cking plot !! , same in NZ, Norway, just dictatorships....

This vaccination will be forced on us if we want to travel, and I am no anti vaxxer, my kids have all the vaccines that kids get - as do I , but these have been around for decades and are safe.

And I am supposed to give this to my kids (for kids regular flu is more dangerous) so I can return home, or go anywhere outside Spain ???

I am resigned to the fact I'll never see my parents again (in their seventies, Dad is mentally sharp but physically not great, mam is physically fine but has dementia)

Irony is Trump would have opened US up again, got things moving ... maybe rest of world would have copped on, but now Joe Biden will shut the US economy down ... millions will die - but don't worry , not of Covid !! NOT OF COVID!!!

49617668.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,831 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

The thing I don't get about conspiracy theories is simple. What do the government gain by controlling us. They are losing a MASSIVE amount of money due to COVID so I'm pretty sure it's not worth it financially.

If they're injecting some sort of tracking device into us via the vaccine, then surely it would just be easier to inject it via the MMR vaccine at a younger age.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

Who the hell let Gemma in??

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭onedmc

Trump won

Kermit you'r evil, I was going to say grand but .....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

There are times when I feel a bit like John Krasinski's character in A Quiet Place, but generally I'm doing OK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

What utter utter shyte.

Oooga booga the govt are out to get me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Who the hell let Gemma in??
    The thing I don't get about conspiracy theories is simple
    Gemma this and conspiracy theory that.
    You lot are as predictable as the weather with these lazy and jaded replies.
    You're like those in 1914 who refused to believe that a long and terrible war was coming and fooled themselves because 'it will all be over by Christmas'.

Ask yourselves where is all this 'helicopter' money that being handed out sustainable and how long can it last ... where is it even coming from?
    I am aware that the easy way out is accuse those who ask the questions as 'Gemmas' or conspiracy theorists.

Gemma this and conspiracy theory that.
    You lot are as predictable as the weather with these lazy and jaded replies.
    You're like those in 1914 who refused to believe that a long and terrible war was coming and fooled themselves because 'it will all be over by Christmas'.

Ask yourselves where is all this 'helicopter' money that being handed out sustainable and how long can it last ... where is it even coming from?
    I am aware that the easy way out is accuse those who ask the questions as 'Gemmas' or conspiracy theorists.

Hold on there, you quoted me, but I just asked some very simple questions. And you failed to address any of them by the way.

Quazzie wrote: »
    The thing I don't get about conspiracy theories is simple. What do the government gain by controlling us. They are losing a MASSIVE amount of money due to COVID so I'm pretty sure it's not worth it financially.

If they're injecting some sort of tracking device into us via the vaccine, then surely it would just be easier to inject it via the MMR vaccine at a younger age.

Conspiracy ?
    What ?

This is obviously a way of stopping people travelling, they realise the current travel industry is environmentally unsustainable , this in one quick step will deny 99% of people travel, vastly reducing CO2 from aviation..

Conspiracy ?
    What ?

This is obviously a way of stopping people travelling, they realise the current travel industry is environmentally unsustainable , this in one quick step will deny 99% of people travel, vastly reducing CO2 from aviation..

Why are people from Spain being stopped from Entering France then? Or Germany? Or anywhere on the mainland continent? What's to be gained by restricting movement between countries, which cripples the tourism industry? How is it possible to get every single government in the world to sign up to this? How when the US's leader was so against it, did they end up worse, with their own president catching COVID?

Again it all boils down to- What is to be gained from faking all this? Take just the Irish government as an example. They are losing billions because of COVID restrictions from lower tax intake, more shopping outside the country, loss of tax from the Tourism sector, paying millions in PUP payments, etc etc. Why would they sign up to do something like that. What are they gaining from it? Doing all that to prevent a few flights doesn't really add up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wexandproud

Conspiracy ?
    What ?

ya , but when air travel takes off again the vaccine will be mixed in with the chem trails in an aerosol version . However this is the least favourite option as THEY would prefer an oral or injection form , sure how else can they get the microchips into us
    Believe it or not that was actually said to me lately

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wexandproud

Why are people from Spain being stopped from Entering France then? Or Germany? Or anywhere on the mainland continent? What's to be gained by restricting movement between countries, which cripples the tourism industry? How is it possible to get every single government in the world to sign up to this? How when the US's leader was so against it, did they end up worse, with their own president catching COVID?

Again it all boils down to- What is to be gained from faking all this? Take just the Irish government as an example. They are losing billions because of COVID restrictions from lower tax intake, more shopping outside the country, loss of tax from the Tourism sector, paying millions in PUP payments, etc etc. Why would they sign up to do something like that. What are they gaining from it? Doing all that to prevent a few flights doesn't really add up.
    the one's who come up with all the conspiracy nonsense will all so go to great lengths to explain how all politicians are as thick as two short planks but yet they think the can all come together and invent the pandemic .
    If you read my previous post and what was said to me lately you'd really have to wonder about the mentality of some of the conspiracy theorists . They'd be far better off channeling their imagination into writing fairy stories

Nice idea for a thread OP , Pity it got dragged OT
    im doing all right

Faking this ?
    I never said anything about faking it !!

Just take a look at Australia, New Zealand , Norway, Finland - their policies and future plans for restricting visitors.

It's nuts, irony is they are some of the most "liberal" places on earth , but they are going to have Trump style walls to their borders from now on ...

the one's who come up with all the conspiracy nonsense will all so go to great lengths to explain how all politicians are as thick as two short planks but yet they think the can all come together and invent the pandemic .
    If you read my previous post and what was said to me lately you'd really have to wonder about the mentality of some of the conspiracy theorists . They'd be far better off channeling their imagination into writing fairy stories

Nice idea for a thread OP , Pity it got dragged OT
    im doing all right

You're the one dragging it off topic, I never said anything like that ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

Let's not get lost in the details behind the anger.

Hector Savage, lots of people are having a tough time right now. It doesn't matter the reasons or what's behind them, it just sucks all round.

I hope things won't be as bad as you say, but we are all obviously far from an ideal situation.

I'm having good and bad days right now. Gotta look at the short term and focus on the positives, even if sometimes there doesn't seem to be so many.

Advertisement