Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas present suggestions

Options
  • 21-11-2020 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭

Seems like as god a place as any to ask - is there any go-to Christmas present for someone who's just starting with shooting (e.g. got gun today and has nothing else type starting). Under €20 ideally. Was thinking of a good book but completely open to suggestion.

Edit: a hunting knife maybe?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭yubabill

Bawnmore wrote: »
    Seems like as god a place as any to ask - is there any go-to Christmas present for someone who's just starting with shooting (e.g. got gun today and has nothing else type starting). Under €20 ideally. Was thinking of a good book but completely open to suggestion.

The first things you need after ammunition are either a gun slip or a cleaning kit. So long since i bought either, couldn't tell you the price, but used to be affordable.

By cleaning kit, I mean some type of rod and swab/brush affair.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Munsterlad102

If you’re looking for a good knife, mora knives are good quality and are in or around your budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭tudderone

Lidl were doing nice wellys for around 20 euros, nothing beats comfortable dry footwear if your out rough shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

I got a roll of 250 target stickers for about 12 euro on AliExpress and they are brilliant. When the bullet strikes it leaves a high viz mark on the target, great fun and very handy for practicing.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

If you’re looking for a good knife, mora knives are good quality and are in or around your budget.

I went with this actually - I have a few Mora knives for bushcraft/scout type things and they've been great. Thanks folks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement