Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 9 Matchday Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Pen Fulham

Cavaleiro misses

Might be time to put Mitro back on them

I think they need to find someone else.

Fulham are worst penalty takers now. Mitro was part of the problem. Now Cavaleiro even worse attempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Was Lookman not on the pitch when the peno was awarded? :pac:

Cairney likely candidate for the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

DCL looks absolutely knackerd

• Registered Users Posts: 12,428 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Just the two point swing captaining Bruno over DCL. Not too bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Facts aren’t harsh though - many have paid 11/12m for Mane/Sterling even though they aren’t on penalties, therefore dunno how you can say that Bruno is more than just a penalty taker, and is a bps magnet, BUT you wouldn’t pay 10.5m for him if he wasn’t on penalties.

Your also not quantifying his price tag with that statement though - for instance KDB hasn’t done much this season at all, and might not be a big scorer this season - would you be expecting Bruno to get 250/300 points? What would you be expecting Son to get or Grealish - only then can you really say is his points excellent value.

There are many facts/statistics we can all use to make our opinions valid.
    The stats I'm looking at to back up my opinion that Bruno is an excellent fantasy pick up along with the likes of Salah and KDB with 18 attacking returns from open play in 22 games (7 goals and 11 assists).
    Another fact is he is on pens and scored 7. I'm not going to get into what he may or may not be worth or points he would have if he wasn't... because he is. Then throw in 40 bps and you have an fpl asset with 181 points in 1,864 mins (10.29 per game)

Will he keep it up? Will United still get more pens than average? Who knows. I think he will hit around the 250 mark but to argue future points is pointless. He could have a season ending injury 10 mins into the next game.

Is he excellent value? You're right that we can't fully tell until the end of the season until we can compare all players points totals with their price. Son is looking like he may be the best value player of the season.

I agree with pretty much all your posts here, except for Bruno. He's one of my favorite players (not a United fan btw) so I feel a duty to fight his corner :)

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

JPA wrote: »
    James has to go, held onto him too long already.

How did he play? Thinking of possible upgrading him to a city mid. Don’t want to sell Salah, Bruno or grealish so hamez will most likely be the fall guy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭macraignil

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    How did he play? Thinking of possible upgrading him to a city mid. Don’t want to sell Salah, Bruno or grealish so hamez will most likely be the fall guy

He assisted the assist for one of the goals and put in a few good crosses and passes but looks to be lacking in pace. He will get some attacking returns being on set pieces and obviously has some creative ability but starting to loose patience with him myself as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Coufal with a rasping shot saved by Ramsdale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Coufal with a rasping shot saved by Ramsdale.

Not quiet rasping

But a decent effort

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Not enough rasp, harmless sidefoot. He's getting forward very well.

Haller goal, Fornals assist.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,120 ✭✭✭COH

Remember when Sheffield defenders weren't completely useless. They were fun times

COH wrote: »
    Remember when Sheffield defenders weren't completely useless. They were fun times

Mousset should be back for the next gw, might turn them around.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,842 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Egan's zero followed by a minus two at the start of the season was all the convincing I needed that they wouldn't be as a good an option this season. Not impressed by Ramsdale either.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

siblers wrote: »
    Mousset should be back for the next gw, might turn them around.

Have they converted him into a defender?:D

C'mon Soucek, get your head on something, big lanky bollox.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Lundstram wrote: »
    C'mon Soucek, get your head on something, big lanky bollox.

If cresswell could land it on his big head it would be fine.

McBurnie hits the bar
    Dunno how he missed

• Advertisement

Just bought a few oldskool PlayStation games. Am I missing much in the match?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Just bought a few oldskool PlayStation games. Am I missing much in the match?

Like watching paint dry.

The earlier game was a cracker

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

The Sky Sports commentator writing off Sheffield United’s chances of getting a goal back at home with 6 minutes plus stoppage time left is a weird one.

10/11 points there from Coufal and Soucek. Good stuff. Horrendous viewing, though.

Edit: Nope, Coufal has fallen way back in the bps. Standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Lundstram wrote: »
    10/11 points there from Coufal and Soucek. Good stuff. Horrendous viewing, though.

Edit: Nope, Coufal has fallen way back in the bps. Standard.

Clean sheet is nothing to be sniffed at this season though.

Coufal is top quality for his 4.5 4.6m value.

Clean sheet is nothing to be sniffed at this season though.

Coufal is top quality for his 4.5 4.6m value.

Indeed. That "foul" at the corner flag at the end has cost him a bp or two. Frustrating.

He is great value, though and only owned by 2.0%.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Yaaay Coufal cleanie :)

The Sky Sports commentator writing off Sheffield United’s chances of getting a goal back at home with 6 minutes plus stoppage time left is a weird one.

I would do the same without even watching the match.

Can't remember last time their attacking assets were even considered an option, even last season.

Sure we were all riding on their clean sheets and Lundstram attacking returns last season. But that's it.

They had terrible fixture calendar this year, but were candidates to be relegated before this season even started.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,120 ✭✭✭COH

I love Coufal.

• Advertisement

Could of done without that Coufal cleanie. He's on my bench and my lowest scoring defender so can't really complain.

Just for my H2H not great

Advertisement