Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basic crush headgate

Options
  • 20-11-2020 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi all. we're hoping to apply for a herd number and had a guy from the dep't here yesterday giving us some advice, regarding the cattle crush, which was no problem. However we need to get a head gate, but due to the amount of land and the quality of the land that we have made our minds up on Dexter's. We will eventually, only be having one heifer with calf, which we're growing for meat for ourselves and will be running with the sheep, so the headgate only needs to be a basic one. We're near Charleville, in Co Cork, Does anyone know where the best place to get one from or does anyone have any second hand ones? I have looked on Done deal, but not much apart from the all singing all dancing head gates which are far too expensive for what we want? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

Hi there is a Machinery auction in portlaois tomorrow there are 2 skulling gates there for auction check out hennessey auctions on facebook there are pics of them hope this helps u can bid on line btw

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Holly Tree Farm

Brilliant thanks, I'll have a look, but it might be a bit far? But i suppose if its the right price lol

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭lanod2407

Brilliant thanks, I'll have a look, but it might be a bit far? But i suppose if its the right price lol

Did you get sorted?

Advertisement