Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Our biggest unanswered questions?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

What causes gravity?

Not, what "is" gravity?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

Why, when a pack of ham says peel and reseal , does it laugh in your face and tear across the middle, rip along the edge, no matter how careful you are , make a fool of your attempt at peel and reseal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Blondini wrote: »
    What causes gravity?

Not, what "is" gravity?

The presence of mass distorts spacetime

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭This is it

How many accounts has Scanlas had

That's one of many theories, not an answer!

• Advertisement

This is it wrote: »
    How many accounts has Scanlas had

Its over 9000!

What is time? What makes it flow, relentlessly ticking, never stopping,

I googled "what is time?" and the result came back...

21:32 PM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Lynn Door

Is the hokey cokey really what its all about?

Lynn Door wrote: »

In 2008, an Anglican cleric, Canon Matthew Damon, Provost of Wakefield Cathedral, West Yorkshire, claimed that the dance movements were a parody of the traditional Catholic Latin Mass.[10] Up until the reforms of Vatican II, the priest performed his movements facing the altar rather than the congregation, who could not hear the words very well, nor understand the Latin, nor clearly see his movements. At one point the priest would say "Hoc est corpus meum" meaning "This is My body". That theory led Scottish politician Michael Matheson in 2008 to urge police action "against individuals who use it [the song and dance] to taunt Catholics". Matheson's claim was deemed ridiculous by fans from both sides of the Old Firm (the rival Glasgow football teams Celtic and Rangers) and calls were made on fans' forums for both sides to join together to sing the song on 27 December 2008 at Ibrox Stadium.[11]

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Churches are closed now we're in lockdown so it can't be that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

Why is there always at least one broken cream cracker in the pack. Even if its cushioned by unbroken cream crackers above and below it.

I mean, has anyone, living or dead, ever gotten a full pack of unbroken cream crackers in their life?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,503 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Lucy8080 wrote: »
    Why is there always at least one broken cream cracker in the pack. Even if its cushioned by unbroken cream crackers above and below it.

I mean, has anyone, living or dead, ever gotten a full pack of unbroken cream crackers in their life?

This needs more research.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,356 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Pfft, obvs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

My body my choice is ok for an abortion but not ok for a vaccine.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

What causes gravity?

Not, what "is" gravity?
    Gravitons.

Daddy, what's a euro?

Gravitons.

Again, it's a theory, not an "answer".

Gravitons are only hypothetical particles, as there is a quantum conundrum regarding their actual existence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭nofools

nj27 wrote: »
    iq_by_country.png

A lot of lies in one picture.

I saw this **** Stephan Molyneaux on YouTube trying that ****e to say pygmies do badly on (westernised) iq tests and therefore African Americans are less intelligent.

The whole concept of IQ is tenuous anyway.

There is no standardised test programme in most places so where does the data even come from?

Scientific racism died off in the early 20th century but looks to be returning.

The internet was supposed to propagate knowledge but it just seems to incubate and breed ignorance and stupidity at a faster rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭COVID

Lynn Door wrote: »

I sure hopey so.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Who was behind JFK’s murder.
    And Marilyn’s.
    Where is that plane - the MH something that disappeared in the Indian Ocean.

How long are we going to have to deal with that Covid shíte.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭niley

Where's Gavin.

Gravitons.
    Again, it's a theory, not an "answer".

Gravitons are only hypothetical particles, as there is a quantum conundrum regarding their actual existence.

I think 'Croutons' is the answer to the question: What do you not like in your soup?
    And I doubt that there's any quantum conundrum problem in that regard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Valresnick

COVID wrote: »
    I think 'Croutons' is the answer to the question: What do you not like in your soup?
    And I doubt that there's any quantum conundrum problem in that regard.

Another not even remotely funny response.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,394 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Where is flight MH470?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,665 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Did all those super models really fall in love with all those ugly footballers who haven't a brain cell between them?

kippy wrote: »
    Where is flight MH470?

Lost

Did all those super models really fall in love with all those ugly footballers who haven't a brain cell between them?

Jealous much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Westernworld.

No

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

SUAF_1879 wrote: »
    Daddy, what's a euro?
    Daddy, what's a pound ?

*thump* result dead arm.

Advertisement