Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone here taking a dislike against Amazon?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Yamanoto wrote: »
    A lot of their CS support appears to have shifted from Ireland and the UK to the Philippines.
    Virgin tried that.

I can't see myself using Virgin anytime soon due the hours on calls wasted trying to sort the mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Virgin tried that.

I can't see myself using Virgin anytime soon due the hours on calls wasted trying to sort the mess.

I was with Telecom Eireann before for the mobile and I tried to call up to cancel it but it was such a torment that I just left the bills arrive till they cancelled it for me. Too much hassle to go through the process

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I get a good amount from Amazon especially this time of year.

They went a bit off the wall there earlier in the year with stuff taking a week or so to arrive. Recently though they have been brilliant since they started doing there own delivery's.

Nearly everything Ive ordered in last month or so has been next day or two day delivery at the most so no complaints there!

Don't give monkeys if there owner is a billionaire or a serial killer! Ill shop where they sell the stuff i want at a reasonable price!

Customer service can be fun though... Tried to change a pair of jeans one time and the woman from god knows where wouldn't answer my questions she just kept reading from her manual. Ended up just going back to the site and sorting it from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,087 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

I have used Amazon quite a bit over the years, but I am getting more and more uncomfortable with them.

I know guys that work for their AWS arm and they do very well, but some of the stories out of their warehouses is akin to 19th century work practices.

It is almost like listening to someone describe working in a factory or shipyard a hundred years ago, where you have someone timing your every move and then penalising you if you go over your break or toilet time.

Also I detest the modern tech or dotcom related multinationals as they have only gotten so rich because they have indulged in the world's biggest tax avoidance schemes.

They have made their founders and owners mega rich in less than a decade, built mountains of cash to invest elsewhere and build almost untouchahble empires all thanks to not paying any real tax.

And all the while mostly offering shyte products, services and support.

Advertisement