Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

How many lights for a Christmas Tree

• 04-11-2020 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭✭ LoopyL

Hi

So I am looking at fairy lights and I am wondering how many lights would be ideal for a 6ft Christmas Tree. I do like it to be nicely lite.

Would 500led or 700leds be best?

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭ byhookorbycrook

700!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭ TRS30

LoopyL wrote: »
    Hi

So I am looking at fairy lights and I am wondering how many lights would be ideal for a 6ft Christmas Tree. I do like it to be nicely lite.

Would 500led or 700leds be best?

Thanks!

As many as you can feasibly fit on. Then throw on an extra set for good luck :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Loughc

The usual rule of thumb is 100 lights per foot.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 26,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Posy

I have 1,500 lights on mine- they are compact lights and barely cover my slim 7.5 ft tree! :D

Posy wrote: »
    I have 1,500 lights on mine- they are compact lights and barely cover my slim 7.5 ft tree! :D

Hope you don't live near an airport :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 26,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Posy

Haha, they are only little twinkle lights so I don't think the tree can be seen from space. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,733 ✭✭✭ Caranica

At least 1000!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,217 ✭✭✭✭ freshpopcorn

My mother always says you can never have enough lights!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭ beachhead

500 is enough unless you like tying yourself in knots with the cable

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭ Jude13

As kid it was like a competition in school as to how many lights we had on our tree. I think less is more now.

• Advertisement

Posy wrote: »
    Haha, they are only little twinkle lights so I don't think the tree can be seen from space. :pac:

Then you don't have enough :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,693 ✭✭✭ DvB

we have a 7ft tree & we put 1000 warm white LED's on it. We also have a 6ft slim tree that we put about 600 (of the same type) on. The big one could be visible from space if we didnt have a roof over it, the slim one gives off a nice warm glow. It boils down to taste really.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 12,615 ✭✭✭✭ Deja Boo

My slim 7 footer has a nice glow with 300 tiny white twinkle lights. I can't imagine what double or triple that would be like, wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭ Sunrise_Sunset

https://www.admiral.com/xmas-tree-calculator

This will tell you how many baubles and lights you need. Not a perfect science, but will give you a fair idea.
    Handy for someone like me that bought a new bigger tree and decorations this year, and didn't really have a clue if I had enough.
    I guess the true test will be the day I decorate it :)

Advertisement