Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 NFL season - Week 9 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

Wow, some start from the new Dallas QB. Looks pretty good so far!

Pity that Dallas punt return didn't run for a TD, would've been an all-timer.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,445 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So the chargers will go to the half up 17-14. I missed the second chargers TD because my wifi had a moment and stopped but thanks to gamepass I was able to watch it. What is going on in Dallas ? I’ve not been watching it as I’m watching the chargers game but how are they leading ?

Defense has kept the Steelers in check for the most part, a long punt return led to one Dallas FG and a solid drive led to their TD.
    Their new QB that played in the Alliance of American Football league, and acquired 2 weeks ago has been making some plays throwing and running.

I still expect Pittsburgh to make some adjustments and make things difficult for him in the 2nd though.

Steelers catch a break, miss the last second FG, get a false start penalty and make the kick from 5 yards further back!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Kev8360

Derek Carr - laying out for the first down - nice!

• Advertisement

****e another TD for the silver and black. 28-17.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Herbert is such fun to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Great late window so far.

TD chargers and Justin Herbert was a bit shaken up but is good. They missed the 2 point conversion with Tyrod Taylor in the game but justin Herbert is good to go.

Great late window so far.

As I’m concentrating on one I’m kind of missing the other two games but the dolphins and Cardinals game looks like a great game and I might watch the condensed game on gamepass during the week. The steelers are four behind the cowboys and the chargers turned the ball over and the raiders are moving.

• Advertisement

Hit the two minute warning in LA. Chargers down five and with a chance to come from behind and win a game.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Hit the two minute warning in LA. Chargers down five and with a chance to come from behind and win a game.

I fancy the chargers to get the win here - they are moving the ball well.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Some ending in LA

incomplete surely!

Criminal from the Raiders D to allow the same play practically 2 plays in a row.

Poor Chargers.

Well **** it anyway. I hate the whole control going to the ground part of the catch rule. Control and two feet down and that’s it.

I feel so bad for Justin Herbert as he’s played brilliantly in his career so far and through no fault of his own he is playing on a 2-6 team.

Well **** it anyway. I hate the whole control going to the ground part of the catch rule. Control and two feet down and that’s it.

It really feels very arbitrary sometimes. That was incomplete for me though.

It really feels very arbitrary sometimes. That was incomplete for me though.

Okay that was incomplete to you, and that’s fair enough yet the ravens get a INT earlier which was was a piss take and he barely held onto the ball, but it was argued he held onto the ball “long enough” by harbaugh. Why is there this time element to this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Why are the Chicago Bears always so crap?? Even when they are winning they are always defensive and dull. They are one of the oldest teams in nfl but must be least successful with only 1 SB. I used to support them when I started watching in the early 90s but had to switch to the Green Bay Packers in the 00’s. Because the Bears are so crap.

• Advertisement

Wow in Arizona, not often you see a kick come up short from 49 yards!

At least the cowboys will lose. At least the eagles bye week won’t leave me completely pissed off.

Okay that was incomplete to you, and that’s fair enough yet the ravens get a INT earlier which was was a piss take and he barely held onto the ball, but it was argued he held onto the ball “long enough” by harbaugh. Why is there this time element to this ?

I absolutely agree with you.

I would prefer a situation where the "to me" wasn't part of it.

Remember the catch rule issue for Pittsburgh v NE a few years back? Lots of those inconsistencies are bananas in a sport like this.

I absolutely agree with you.

I would prefer a situation where the "to me" wasn't part of it.

Remember the catch rule issue for Pittsburgh v NE a few years back? Lots of those inconsistencies are bananas in a sport like this.

Yeah I remember that play and the outcry helped the eagles in the super bowl with a TD because the refs clearly were told to change the interpretation of the rule in the playoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,826 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Why are the Chicago Bears always so crap?? Even when they are winning they are always defensive and dull. They are one of the oldest teams in nfl but must be least successful with only 1 SB. I used to support them when I started watching in the early 90s but had to switch to the Green Bay Packers in the 00’s. Because the Bears are so crap.
    Ah, the ignore button, how I've missed our little meetings.

Okay I’m off but one last post about the catch rule. I’m sure I’m like many here who have read the nfl rule book, and at times I feel like I’m reading a legal document and not the rules of a sport. It’s written is such an overly complicated way that it loses something. I had a real life realisation of how overly complicated the rule is a few years ago when I was asked what a catch was by a newish nfl fan and apparently as a nearly two decades fan of the NFL it was assumed I’d know the rule, but I struggled to explain it in a way anyone would understand. It’s the catch rule not the third secret of Fatima lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,558 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

It's amazing how much Michael Thomas means to the Saints Offense. There's always somebody open when he's in, it makes it so easy for Brees.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

I never call games over in the 2nd quarter but this one is, and just as I'm typing it's a turnover. Saints 21 Bucs 0, Tom Brady is beaten by the clock. All old people go to Florida to retire.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

I never call games over in the 2nd quarter but this one is, and just as I'm typing it's a turnover. Saints 21 Bucs 0, Tom Brady is beaten by the clock. All old people go to Florida to retire.

Thanks Max

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I may regret this, but heading to bed at 28-0.

Advertisement