Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Targeting the elderly and vulnerable is a despicable thing to do

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

It takes a certain kind of honour-less person to intimidate old and defenceless people.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,927 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Part of their remit. Really some kind of public warnings should issue about these kind of things, it seems to happen a lot in rural Ireland. Surely when people hear the accent and notice the mannerisms they know these people should be avoided? I mean my Dad is 70 but would still spot these f*ckers a mile away.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,180 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

O'Driscoll huh?

.... Da ya like dags?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

In the US theyd be charged with the crime of Elder Abuse and would have gotten 10 years plus.

Irelands just too far left to punish criminals.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Come on...i’m not saying she deserved it but some people are really asking to be taken advantage of.
    It’s too convenient to play the victim card when you realise that you have actually been incredibly stupid/ gullible

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭Eleven Benevolent Elephants

Jequ0n wrote: »
    Come on...i’m not saying she deserved it but some people are really asking to be taken advantage of.
    It’s too convenient to play the victim card when you realise that you have actually been incredibly stupid/ gullible

I hope your own mother never falls victim.

I hope your own mother never falls victim.

Couldn’t care less

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭dennyire

Who would do such a thing and how can they sleep at night knowing what they did?

Will the elderly lady get her money back?

Will the scumbags' assets be seized?
    Will they fuck.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/circuit-court/brothers-pushed-woman-72-to-write-25-000-in-cheques-for-power-tools-1.4398877?mode=amp

Terrible thing to happen to this lady but it seems at least she got her money back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭dennyire

Couldn’t care less

That is some effin statement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

CAB should hit these feckers and take them for everything they have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

They followed her home and intimidated her into signing cheques for them - yes she shouldn't have given them her number but it's not like she was a complete idiot

And even if she was an idiot those ar5eholes had no right to do what they did and while it's unlikely I hope their time in prison is really unpleasant

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

At least other old people are safe from these two during their stint in prison.
    Prison for them isn't rehabilitation, it's simply to keep them from preying on other old people.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I think there have been quite a few CAB raids recently. Not sure if targeted at ethnic folk but there is a good chance they are. About bloody time too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SnowyMay

Are you kidding? Do you reckon that she suddenly realised that she needed €25k worth of power tools or the like, and then had buyer’s remorse afterwards?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,882 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Couldn’t care less

You're a real piece of work.

They followed her home and intimidated her into signing cheques for them - yes she shouldn't have given them her number but it's not like she was a complete idiot

And even if she was an idiot those ar5eholes had no right to do what they did and while it's unlikely I hope their time in prison is really unpleasant

I didn’t say that she deserved it, I merely pointed out that she contributed to the situation by being incredibly gullible. I am sick of people blaming everyone for their misfortune when they should really question their own actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭screamer

They call here all the time with various things for sale. Some are ok, some very aggressive and have to be told to Fvck off by the men, or they just won’t.

A Ring doorbell or equivalent is a great investment. sod everyone knocking at my door that I don't know these days, they can feck right off.

Great for deliveries too.

So sorry for that woman, but she appears sound as a pound, The intimidation and bullying they can put these folk through is awful. And worse still if you live rurally, you'd never know when they or members of their cohort might come back. That is bloody awful really isn't it.

I wonder if all the goods supplied were stolen? If so, I hope the owners got them back.

Good result.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

screamer wrote: »
    They call here all the time with various things for sale. Some are ok, some very aggressive and have to be told to Fvck off by the men, or they just won’t.

I happen to walk by as one drove by an elderly woman weeding in her garden. He parked up, blocked her drive, and hasasled
    and hassled her - gutters, then powerwashing, then landscaping, the gardening. She was
    being polite and kept saying no but he just kept hassling her. Some
    people were brought up not to tell people to F off and are too polite to or afraid to take people on. I sat down on the neighbours wall after she had finally given up and gone back into her house - but he stayed all the time pulled up outside in his van watching in and blocking her drive. Eventually felt I had to intervene. NO OLD person should have to go through this kind of intimidation or menaces for money. Australia had the rihht idea when they rounded up elder scammers into vans, took away all their tools profits and summarily deported them. We should have mandatory harsh sentencing for this kind of scum and their assets seized to compensate the victims and other victims of crime. One wonders what the f* the tossers in CAB most of
    the time, apart from willy wagging from behind their desks. We seem to have almost nothing in return for their salaries and highly paid pensionable jobs - what the F are they doing all day every day that we have almost nothing to
    show for their efforts. And why are criminals and their families still be casually allowed
    to profit from crime. If they cannot demonstrate where they got the money to buy & run their cars impound them and get revenue to penalty tax their undeclared and untaxed income - what are these desk sloths up to if they cannot achieve the minimum?

As for criminal vermin - I’ve said
    it all on other threads. Serious Ministerial and political negligence in letting this continue for decades . They found a way to tax our water and houses overnight. Why is there zero attention to
    this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Surprise, surprise our highly esteemed ethnic brethren. My own mother was intimidated into buying "Italian Leather" couches that the arms fell off 3 months later.

A small minority are decent in travelers.

• Advertisement

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Surprise, surprise our highly esteemed ethnic brethren. My own mother was intimidated into buying "Italian Leather" couches that the arms fell off 3 months later.

A small minority are decent in travelers.

Most of us know and acknowledge this, but the only ones we hear about are the criminal manipulative element. Disgraceful and they know their targets too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭billyhead

I was only selling tools like boss. ****ing scum of the earth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

I'd be happy just to see their welfare payments stopped, but the "progressives" in Ireland would not allow it.
    Saw the two O' Driscoll brothers on the news outside the court; both strapping men ..... and yet would bet that they are both on disability.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

I'm guessing it was all just a beautiful display of ethnic, indiginous nomadic culture we should all respect and accomodate. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭billyhead

She probably felt she had no other option. When you have these big fat ****ers intimidating you and you refuse to pay them they could do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,260 ✭✭✭This is it

I wouldn't be surprised if that is updated with "suspended" sentences such is the ridiculousness of our courts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Liamo57 wrote: »
    They dont even use toilet paper, hand wipe and clean their hand on their trousers.

Poor “etiquette” there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

And the silence from pavee point is deafening as usual.

When I heard "Rathkeale" it wasn't going to take a Sherlock Holmes to deduce it was a racially oppressed minority in our population. Plus ça change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭snickers

Was the stuff they sold her just a pile of broken ****e or was it decent stuff that they may try to buy or steal back worse still it was probably stolen so the little old lady was in receipt of stolen goods.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement