Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

POD Mods

• 02-11-2020 5:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭

Am i the only long term vaper who just uses POD Mods or has anyone else made the switch?

11 years vaping and about 2 years ago i just got bored of the same old tinkering about with different mods, tanks,coils,etc so decided to try a pod mod and never looked back, currently using a SMOK RMP 160 with a 7.5ml capacity POD which is brilliant as you dont have to fill up as much, plus it's faily powerful and little or no difference i find to normal mods, saves having to maintain and clean tanks, just switch the pod and coil after 7 to 10 days and away you go.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Just put one in my cart there on eBay. Can you explain it in more detail.. can pods be refilled, are batteries enclosed or removable, can it be used while charging etc etc.
    Thank You.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Closest I have come to using a Pod is the all-in-one from Dot Mod with the Vapeshell .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭SB71

Just put one in my cart there on eBay. Can you explain it in more detail.. can pods be refilled, are batteries enclosed or removable, can it be used while charging etc etc.
    Thank You.

Yes of course you can refill pods, you can use them for as long as you like but i personally only use both the pod and coil for 10 days and then change them, you dont have to but recomemnded to clean your pod in water every few days,and every day take off the pod and wipe away the condesation that does build up.

most pod mods you just charge via a usb or usb type c, but the smok rpm 160 takes 18650 batteries so you can charge the batteries via usb or in an external battery charger which is better, and yes the pod mods ive used can all be used whilst charging.

the one i use is below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK55uDykO3c

SB71 wrote: »
    Yes of course you can refill pods, you can use them for as long as you like but i personally only use both the pod and coil for 10 days and then change them, you dont have to but recomemnded to clean your pod in water every few days,and every day take off the pod and wipe away the condesation that does build up.

most pod mods you just charge via a usb or usb type c, but the smok rpm 160 takes 18650 batteries so you can charge the batteries via usb or in an external battery charger which is better, and yes the pod mods ive used can all be used whilst charging.

the one i use is below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK55uDykO3c

Brilliant..I have loads of 18650s and double charger.. don't like non removable internal batteries..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭SB71

Brilliant..I have loads of 18650s and double charger.. don't like non removable internal batteries..

your good to go so,

• Advertisement

SB71 wrote: »
    your good to go so,

It's on d way :)

Great job, love it..I don't mind that I can't tighten up the air-flow, I'm vaping 6mg RY4 at 53W and it's perfect. You can cover the rear air-flow as you vape it's really no big deal for me anyway.. Loaded 2 18650s into it midday yesterday and both of them are still showing at 60% remaining/capacity... Also love the puff counter. I got the all chrome coloured one and it is BLING but seriously it looks the business and not cheap looking at all.. one small issue is the pod is a smoky dark colour and it's very hard to see how much liquid is remaining. But if you tilt it left to right you'll see the juice move. Also no ohms or voltage control which to me is great because I never use them just the wattage. The readings are still shown on the display but they fluctuate as you move your wattage up or down.

Advertisement