Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would you most like to see banned ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Parachutes

NPHET

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Cyclists on roads

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Tom O Neil wrote: »
    Some people are ugly, no denying it. If a man has a weak chin and wants to get jaw implants, then I say go for it

Or he could just accept the fact that he doesn't like the way his chin looks and get over himself.

Everyone has flaws. Where do you stop?

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭poppers

Stranding as an independent td in national elections.
    Most independents are only standing on local issues and as such should be a council issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Malcomex

poppers wrote: »
    Stranding as an independent td in national elections.
    Most independents are only standing on local issues and as such should be a council issue.

Exhibit A : Healy Raes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

Overweight and extremely... curvy women wearing leggings and yoga pants that are way too tight and pulled up past their navel. Their arses are like a solar eclipse. It's very distracting.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,434 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The Green Party!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Pi Patel

Anonymous profiles on social media

• Registered Users Posts: 10,976 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Fox hunting with horses and hounds.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Slimming groups charging members to attend meetings where they get weighed in and then listen to the same old horse **** thrown around about "bad food" and syns like sins but cool cause it's got a Y. Just keep your money and practice a bit of moderation and common sense.

Spitting.

Fox hunting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,023 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Use of adjectives instead of adverbs e.g: "Live life simple".

This sh1t in every second ad.

This sh1t in every second ad.

We're backing brave, because brave does.

Fúck off.

Ban Irish people who have never set foot in the US trying to sound American by using any of the following words in conversations:

MOM
    Mall
    Soda
    Sneakers
    Sweater
    Drug store
    Triggered
    Faucet
    Bangs
    Sidewalk

Please stop. Just be yourself. Its ok I promise.

What about saying the word "OK" which is surely American? And Mom isn't just American.

The real American term we should abandon is White privilege, as well as the other nonsense from the right like libtard, I'd be happy if American politics disappeared off boards, except for their external wars etc.

And on that subject....

.. Internal American politics on boards.

What about saying the word "OK" which is surely American? And Mom isn't just American.

The real American term we should abandon is White privilege, as well as the other nonsense from the right like libtard, I'd be happy if American politics disappeared off boards, except for their external wars etc.

And on that subject....

Is any term with "tard" at the end not a bit crass and offensive to people with intellectual disabilities?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Extremely white teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,410 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

All this talk of banning idiots feels very personal.
    Antares35 wrote: »
    Is any term with "tard" at the end not a bit crass and offensive to people with intellectual disabilities?

Custard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

Inconsiderate & loud neighbours.

There should be some mechanism where if there's evidence of their behaviour & everyone around them wants them gone that they can just be evicted.

Inconsiderate & loud neighbours.

There should be some mechanism where if there's evidence of their behaviour & everyone around them wants them gone that they can just be evicted.

Forced citizens' evictions :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TheDavester

Social media influencers/comedians

American politics - no one cares you hate Trump and your living in Longford...no one gives a fcuk and more than likely they couldnt tell you anything about their own local issues/politics - and them shoving **** like race baiting/gender issues over here has to freakin stop

RTE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

The strange thing about this is that the people you describe probably neither know nor care what it means.

probably best to avoid using it but ye know

The strange thing about this is that the people you describe probably neither know nor care what it means.

I disagree. Unless you're assuming anyone with an intellectual ability has a zero IQ, then of course there will be some who know what it means.

I'm not being sanctimonious about it. I was guilty of using such terminology too, until a Facebook post from someone I know who has a downs syndrome child in the family made me stop and think. It just never clicked with me.

Anyway, it's just an opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,860 ✭✭✭appledrop

eviltwin wrote: »
    Extremely white teeth.

The majotlrity of the Z list celebs with those teeth actually have false teeth.

There own teeth are filed down to stumps + then veneers or whatever stuck on.

Katie Price is a good example. The pictures of her getting her ' new' veneers are horrific.

No thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

American politics is a bit like English football isn't it? Doesn't really affect us but some people are very caught up in it

American politics is a bit like English football isn't it? Doesn't really affect us but some people are very caught up in it

I saw your original post :D (and still agree with you)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

appledrop wrote: »
    The majotlrity of the Z list celebs with those teeth actually have false teeth.

There own teeth are filed down to stumps + then veneers or whatever stuck on.

Katie Price is a good example. The pictures of her getting her ' new' veneers are horrific.

No thanks.

Holy sh1t I didn't know they butcher the original teeth to that extent before putting em on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,860 ✭✭✭appledrop

Holy sh1t I didn't know they butcher the original teeth to that extent before putting em on.

I know its mad isn't it?

My own teeth aren't perfect but at least they are my own!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

kowloon wrote: »
    Custard.

Not a lot of people know this, but the word 'custard' is a portmanteau of 'cunt' and 'bastard'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

Ryan Tubridy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

Feminists

Advertisement