Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant euroflame indoor burner/boiler.

Options
  • 01-11-2020 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

Hi folks..
    I have a Grant euroflame indoor kerosene boiler which is about twenty years old. At some point in the past the original Grant burner was replaced with a Bentone burner and all works wery well.
    There are two holes going through the wall at the back of the boiler to the outside. One is the exhaust and the other one is not connected to anything.
    My question is does the second hole have to be left open or can it be blocked up.
    The boiler is in a utility room about 10' x 6'.
    Thanks for any info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭John.G

How does the boiler get its air if a indoor unit?. maybe a photo of the burner will give a clue.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

me4many wrote: »
    Hi folks..
    I have a Grant euroflame indoor kerosene boiler which is about twenty years old. At some point in the past the original Grant burner was replaced with a Bentone burner and all works wery well.
    There are two holes going through the wall at the back of the boiler to the outside. One is the exhaust and the other one is not connected to anything.
    My question is does the second hole have to be left open or can it be blocked up.
    The boiler is in a utility room about 10' x 6'.
    Thanks for any info.
    I often see those fitted like that. There's usually a louvered plate on that air intake hole.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭John.G

Maybe its something like this mouse hole just below the exhaust.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058112258

Advertisement