Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragons vs Munster, Sun 1st Nov 2pm. Live on TG4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭leakyboots

The ref really should be calling that himself, he's right next to them looking at the two of them

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Ha, the Dragon player with the "who? me?" protest after tackling JOD without the ball right in front of the ref.

Kleyn taken out without the ball and then chopped. Nothing given.

That's his second, he has to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Jesus Wept. That's awful officiating

• Advertisement

Thats just dull, Gallagher was clean through either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭budhabob

JOD is some lineout operator!

Sweetnam just penalized for hiding on.... wasnt a single Dragons hand on the ball

• Subscribers Posts: 41,280 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Really starting to see the larkham influence in munster this season

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Good try. Enough time left to nab the fourth try.

• Advertisement

Great step by de Allende

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kingofthekong

Thats a dog**** lazy penalty fromCronin, could be a great player but that stuff is total crap

Probably cost munster a bonus with that

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Really starting to see the larkham influence in munster this season

To be fair they were going well at the beginning of last season too before the returning internationals ****d everything up (their own words).

And Cronin with the offside....what a liabilty

.....and Cronin in the side for his 3rd penalty in 5 minutes, quality operator

Some excellent moments but that feels like a point dropped. A few tries overturned on the day.

One last shot at the BP, the Dragons are chasing their losing BP so it will be play on.

It appears I was behind.

razorblunt wrote: »
    One last shot at the BP, the Dragons are chasing their losing BP so it will be play on.

It appears I was behind.

You weren't, I thought the conversion would be the final play.

Brutal weather but a 4th try was possible.

Two disallowed trys were a fair cop.

That referee was appalling. Penalties that weren't, in the side of rucks all day and instead of putting a player in the bin for a dangerous no arms tackle and the2nd one at that, he says its fine? he should be reprimanded if noting else.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Shame we didn't get the bonus, but considering our other results so far this season I wouldn't dwell on it, we're in a good place on the leaderboard. Who got MOTM, Casey?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Conditions looked awful

A win is a win, disappointed not to get the BP.

Pet peeve of mine is the scrum half passing the ball into an opposition player to win a cheap penalty

De Allendes composure on the ball is something else

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

razorblunt wrote: »
    To be fair they were going well at the beginning of last season too before the returning internationals ****d everything up (their own words).

I think that's a fair concern, but to me it looks to be a step up on what they were doing at the start last season. Even Stephen Archer today threw a pop pass from the deck. That's not a sentence I ever expected to write.

De Allende's contributions as well bring a touch of class to the midfield. I'm pretty hopeful we're going in the right direction.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

aloooof wrote: »
    I think that's a fair concern, but to me it looks to be a step up on what they were doing at the start last season. Even Stephen Archer today threw a pop pass from the deck. That's not a sentence I ever expected to write.

De Allende's contributions as well bring a touch of class to the midfield. I'm pretty hopeful we're going in the right direction.
    The difference this season is that the whole squad has had a full pre season with Larkham. Last season the 12 internationals did their preseason in Ireland camp and came back in November into a run of ECC and Interpro games. They were always going to revert to type. That shouldn't be an issue this year.

Hodnett putting his hand up
    To be the starting 7, given the age profile I’d give him that jersey and see how he goes in Europe, great to see Ahern getting a game, would love to see him start against zebre at home or some other easy game to get him a full 80 mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭WhoamI2022

How was Casey? didn't get to watch

WhoamI2022 wrote: »

Motm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

WhoamI2022 wrote: »

Himself, Gallagher, KO'B and De Allende were the stand out performers for me

yerrahbah wrote: »
    Himself, Gallagher, KO'B and De Allende were the stand out performers for me

I though o sullivan was good for the length of time he was on, and Sweetnam looked dangerous if a tad headless at times

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

FB is going to be an interesting one now. Haley was the incumbent before lockdown, Shane Daly performed really solidly post-lockdown and now Gallagher has put in a very good performance.

I think Daly probably did enough in the games against Leinster to deserve it, but the other 2 seem to offer more on counter-attack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,075 ✭✭✭✭phog

Happy enough with our overall game and our scores but disappointed that we didn't get the BP. Strange that Hibbard flying into the side of the ruck just on stroke of half-time wasn't picked up any of the 4 officials.

Advertisement