Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW8 transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,837 ✭✭✭daheff

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Did anyone get Covid last international break? I can't think of anyone

Ronaldo....not from PL, but shows anybody can pick it up

• Registered Users Posts: 32,910 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Green&Red wrote: »
    I think Saiss may be back next week. He got dropped for Palace last year too AFAIK, fear of Zaha

Wouldn’t be knee jerking him out

Hilarious reading this thread

FRIDAY
    Grealish out
    Rashford in

SUNDAY
    Grealish in
    Rashford out

FWIW I think Grealish is the much better option, great fixtures, much more attacking position than last year, should have hauled against Leeds too.
    United are putrid, this is what Ole does, a couple of good results when he’s under pressure and then back to the usual

FWIW I think

I think the fact that they kept the clean sheet means he won’t be back immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

My team is in a poor way losing ground week after week in all leagues. Was planning on using the WC at the international break but dunno if I should pull the trigger now or just use my 2 FT’s this week or even a -4 and try and get to the break to take a look then. Any opinions on what to do much appreciated

Johnstone Button
    Kilman KWP Davies Lacelles Taylor
    Sterling Salah Son Pulisic Stephens
    Brewster Kane DCL

Davies isnt nailed on so need too look at moving him on but do I go for another budget defender or get one premium in
    Pulisic injury means I need to look at a replacement for him.
    Have 1.3 million itb to upgrade players but don’t even know where too start
    Grealish Mount and Masuaku all interesting me but maybe I’m better off wildcarding

Any thoughts lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,642 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Mitrovic to Wilson/Bamford/Watkins was the plan. Have enough for Jiminez to Werner either so tempted by that. But if JamRod is out for much longer he'll be getting moved on first

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭cizolin

Hi guys, looking for opinions on the below.

Have 2 FT

Option 1 Robbo to Zouma and either Klich/ASM to Ziyech

Option 2 Robbo to 4m fodder and both Grealish/Zaha in for Klich and ASM, -4 hit

My other defenders are Lamptey, Mitchell, Ayling and Kilman
    Other midfielders are Saha, Sterling,Bruno

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Porthallian

My team is in a poor way losing ground week after week in all leagues. Was planning on using the WC at the international break but dunno if I should pull the trigger now or just use my 2 FT’s this week or even a -4 and try and get to the break to take a look then. Any opinions on what to do much appreciated

Johnstone Button
    Kilman KWP Davies Lacelles Taylor
    Sterling Salah Son Pulisic Stephens
    Brewster Kane DCL

Davies isnt nailed on so need too look at moving him on but do I go for another budget defender or get one premium in
    Pulisic injury means I need to look at a replacement for him.
    Have 1.3 million itb to upgrade players but don’t even know where too start
    Grealish Mount and Masuaku all interesting me but maybe I’m better off wildcarding

Any thoughts lads?

Pulisic & Brewster to Grealish & Wilson/Bamford maybe?
    Could also go Davies to Masuaku but not sure it's worth the -4. Do you have enough for Davies to Zouma/Chilwell?

Just play your 3-4-3 this GW with Kilman,KWP, Davies and Taylor first sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

cizolin wrote: »
    Hi guys, looking for opinions on the below.

Have 2 FT

Option 1 Robbo to Zouma and either Klich/ASM to Ziyech

Option 2 Robbo to 4m fodder and both Grealish/Zaha in for Klich and ASM, -4 hit

My other defenders are Lamptey, Mitchell, Ayling and Kilman
    Other midfielders are Saha, Sterling,Bruno

Lamptey went off injured - might be doubt for weekend
    Mitchell missed game with knock - might be doubt for weekend
    Will Kilman keep his place long term?

Therefore if you go with Option 2, you could be down to only 2 defenders at best.

Before the game on Saturday did you have any interest in Ziyech? He might be a great buy, but after one game can you really say that?

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

Does anyone know why Maupay wasn't in the match day squad yesterday? Doesn't seem to be injured..

If he didn't feature due to something going on behind the scenes, an arguement, or a positive covid test, he might not be starting the next game?

Pulisic & Brewster to Grealish & Wilson/Bamford maybe?
    Could also go Davies to Masuaku but not sure it's worth the -4. Do you have enough for Davies to Zouma/Chilwell?

Just play your 3-4-3 this GW with Kilman,KWP, Davies and Taylor first sub.

Ya if I go
    Davies - Zouma
    Pulisic - Grealish
    I have 6.4 and could get Bamford. .1 away from Wilson tho

If I go
    Davies - Chilwell
    Pulisic - Grealish
    I have 5.7 to replace Brewster and no one in that range jumping out at me.

If I go
    Davies - Masuaku
    Pulisic - Grealish
    I have 7.1 to replace Brewster but I’ll still end up on Bamford or Wilson in that price range I’d say

Ace2007 wrote: »

Therefore if you go with Option 2, you could be down to only 2 defenders at best.

Before the game on Saturday did you have any interest in Ziyech? He might be a great buy, but after one game can you really say that?

I don’t see any reason Kilman will be dropped soon. He’s played 4 games and they have conceded only one goal and haven’t lost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,910 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I don’t see any reason Kilman will be dropped soon. He’s played 4 games and they have conceded only one goal and haven’t lost.
    I think the same in the short term, but he will be the first victim if/when their form dips a bit I reckon. Boly and Coady ain't going nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭macraignil

Gus Ivey wrote: »
    Does anyone know why Maupay wasn't in the match day squad yesterday? Doesn't seem to be injured..

If he didn't feature due to something going on behind the scenes, an arguement, or a positive covid test, he might not be starting the next game?

I think they mentioned on Match of the Day 2 last night that the manager said he was left out for tactical reasons. Seemed a silly tactic to just try keep the ball at the expense of having a chance of scoring a goal and the clips they highlighted showed the lack of attacking threat so if its true that was the reason then he could be back next game.

Ya if I go
    Davies - Zouma
    Pulisic - Grealish
    I have 6.4 and could get Bamford. .1 away from Wilson tho

If I go
    Davies - Chilwell
    Pulisic - Grealish
    I have 5.7 to replace Brewster and no one in that range jumping out at me.

If I go
    Davies - Masuaku
    Pulisic - Grealish
    I have 7.1 to replace Brewster but I’ll still end up on Bamford or Wilson in that price range I’d say

If it's a choice between Zouma or Masuaku + 0.7m I'd probably go for Zouma. So option 1 there.

Alternatively to upgrading Brewster with your extra 1.9m, you could upgrade Stephens with it and go 3-5-2. I think you'd have up to 6.4m for a mid right?

Some nice options there JWP, McGinn, Fornals, Jota, Barkley. Although Bamford could well outscore them all. Just another option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

macraignil wrote: »
    I think they mentioned on Match of the Day 2 last night that the manager said he was left out for tactical reasons. Seemed a silly tactic to just try keep the ball at the expense of having a chance of scoring a goal and the clips they highlighted showed the lack of attacking threat so if its true that was the reason then he could be back next game.

Hard to imagine that Connelly and Maupay were dropped for tactical reasons and did not even make the bench.

Sky sports pundit for the match was guessing it must be punishment for something.

I'll only have 10 men because of Maupay this week.

He's also due to drop in price tonight, but I'm planning to keep him and gamble that he's back in the good books for the home game against Burnley.

Spent a few minutes earlier on Google to see if there was any news, but couldn't find anything.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

If it's a choice between Zouma or Masuaku + 0.7m I'd probably go for Zouma. So option 1 there.

Alternatively to upgrading Brewster with your extra 1.9m, you could upgrade Stephens with it and go 3-5-2. I think you'd have up to 6.4m for a mid right?

Some nice options there JWP, McGinn, Fornals, Jota, Barkley. Although Bamford could well outscore them all. Just another option.

JWP jumps out at me there... if I get Grealish that would be a Villa double up which is probably a bit of a trap. Jota is interesting but is he a regular for pool? Probably not yet but well could be in a few weeks

Food for thought and comes down too Bamford V JWP

Might pull the trigger after tonight’s match

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

My plan was to upgrade Mahrez to De Bruyne. May still go with this. It looks like TAA is going to be the fall guy. Anybody think of getting Kevin back in? Also now have to replace Matt Ryan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

My plan was to upgrade Mahrez to De Bruyne. May still go with this. It looks like TAA is going to be the fall guy. Anybody think of getting Kevin back in? Also now have to replace Matt Ryan

I’ll be waiting until GW10 to get KDB in when city start their good run of fixtures

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭cizolin

Ace2007 wrote: »

Re Ziyech was looking at his stats for Ajax and that's what's tempted more than Saturday. Think he will bring in good returns going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

thunderdog wrote: »
    I’ll be waiting until GW10 to get KDB in when city start their good run of fixtures

The thing with De Bruyne is that he usually plays in a more attacking role against the good teams so I'd expect him to be playing behind the striker against Liverpool and Spurs and then back to centre mid against Fulham and Burnley.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

scotchy wrote: »
    Hard to imagine that Connelly and Maupay were dropped for tactical reasons and did not even make the bench.

Sky sports pundit for the match was guessing it must be punishment for something.

I'll only have 10 men because of Maupay this week.

He's also due to drop in price tonight, but I'm planning to keep him and gamble that he's back in the good books for the home game against Burnley.

Spent a few minutes earlier on Google to see if there was any news, but couldn't find anything.

“Attitude problems” apparently.

• Advertisement

Getting clarity on Maupay is important and unlikely within the next few hours before his price possibly drops.

Mixed messages coming across in the last few posts so that’s not a good sign in itself.

That usually means the club/manager are lying about what’s the issue.

So that’s pretty **** because it could be a injury they don’t want to talk about or a proper falling out.

You’d think that Brighton need Maupay more than he needs them. Would love to know what’s happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

All abored the Vardy Train. Get the wkd and red bull

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Is a hit for Chilwell & Ziyech for this GW only worth it?

Replacing Trent & Podence

• Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Could do Mahrez to Ziyech.

Will wait till after the European fixtures though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,653 ✭✭✭sheroman01

TAA and Ings to sort out. I’ll wait until later in week to decide on Ings. I’m actually, finally, looking at DCL now. Nice fixtures coming up and he could do well against a poor United defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Jimenez and ayling out
    4.1mil def and kane in to replace
    Going with 3-4-3 this week. I normally have 4 defenders but with liverpool defence in ruin it is shaping up like this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Saiss and Podence out for Soufal and Fornals. Hopefully West Ham can do a job on Fulham to kick things off

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Mitrovic to Wilson/Bamford/Watkins was the plan. Have enough for Jiminez to Werner either so tempted by that. But if JamRod is out for much longer he'll be getting moved on first

I brought Mitro in for a two week punt. Half tempted to keep him now for another two

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

My plan at the start of the year was to go upside chasing.
    Sterling has been rank this season so far so I might use his spot to do that for a while.

So who is the best mid for this week? Money no issue. Have Salah and Son.

Considering Auba or Ziyech

Remember only considering this week really, could potentially C whoever I bring in although Son will probably keep that

• Advertisement

Green&Red wrote: »
    My plan at the start of the year was to go upside chasing.
    Sterling has been rank this season so far so I might use his spot to do that for a while.

So who is the best mid for this week? Money no issue. Have Salah and Son.

Considering Auba or Ziyech

Remember only considering this week really, could potentially C whoever I bring in although Son will probably keep that

Do you have Son and Kane? If not maybe Bale?

Advertisement