Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW8 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Green&Red wrote: »
    Would you C him or would that be wreckless with Son already there?

Son is a safe pick vs West Brom. It depends if you want to take risks though. I have son too but I'm gonna captain De Bruyne this week as I expect him to destroy Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Soucek took a penalty post lockdown in the league. He missed but he could be given another chance.

Did he? I owned him pretty much since lockdown began and don't remember that excitement and disappointment at all? Although that could be entirely down to my attention span :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Take a hit to get rid of Dingsy or wait it out? Apparently the injury isn't serious but still unlikely to play on Friday.

I am going to wait until I get more news on it, if he doesnt play Friday he might have to go

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Any thoughts on the best keeper this week for a 1 week punt? Plan to wildcard next week anyway.

Fabianski?

Burnley have failed to score in 4 of their 6 games, including their last 3 in a row. I'd go Lloris.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Green&Red wrote: »
    Have Son. Need it to be a mid as it’s Sterling that’s getting the road

Yeah I meant a triple Spurs attack would be overkill. Bale is a mid. Although he isn't guaranteed a start, so maybe Auba/Ziyech as others have suggested would be more sensible.

I just thought WBA were absolutely woeful yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,706 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Any thoughts on the best keeper this week for a 1 week punt? Plan to wildcard next week anyway.

Fabianski?

Mendy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Cheers for the feedback lads.

So I'm ruling out on Mendy because I've Chillwell.

So Lloris is looking a good option. Would give me 4 players in that game though as I have Mitro Son Kane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

So Lloris is looking a good option. Would give me 4 players in that game though as I have Mitro Son Kane

Unless you've 3 Chelsea already Shano, I'd go Mendy.

I just don't trust Spurs and they've kept 1 CS in 7. Even at home v Brighton and Newcastle.

Sheffield United have scored 3 goals in 7 games and Chelsea seem to be solid defensively.

I know it'd a double up but Mendy is by far the best choice this week as a 1 week GK 'punt'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,778 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Does this mean your getting off the Johnstone train?

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Does this mean your getting off the Johnstone train?

Never thought of that, what happened to LJFC? :eek:

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

LLJC will be back in GW8. I just have a transfer to use before I wilcard so might as well do a 1 week punt.

Might even just keep Johnstone on the bench for good luck and loyalty!

You guys are swaying me towards Mendy anyway :pac:

whats LJFC?

whats LJFC?

Loyal Johnstone Fan Club.

You're a founding member. Me you and Father H :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Loyal Johnstone Fan Club.

You're a founding member. Me you and Father H :pac:

I've been a silent member of this club all season too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Jota getting hard to ignore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭shmeee

Shedite27 wrote: »

Liverpool turning it on here alright.

Will it be a case of a load, bring jota in and he ends up getting benched next game?

Was tempted to punt Torres for a game but jesus is back,

Any transfers now this week will be to protect against price drops, with wildcard coming soon.

Will it be a case of a load, bring jota in and he ends up getting benched next game?

Any transfers now this week will be to protect against price drops, with wildcard coming soon.

City next game so I wouldn't be touching Jota personally.

City next game so I wouldn't be touching Jota personally.

O ya I'm not bringing him in just kinda musing, we have seen price rises after good champions league performances, just wondering could it go like that,

Or is he inline to take Bobby's place probably not the thread for the discussion or musing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭scotchy

Jota rocketing up to a price rise tonight.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭shmeee

I can upgrade one of my 5mil Mids for Jota and I'll be doing it more than likely tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Shedite27 wrote: »

Ah, worth noting that Atalanta are a mad team. All out attack and typically concede loads. How often will Jota start or play 90mins too. If he was guaranteed mins I’d only consider him then.

O ya I'm not bringing him in just kinda musing, we have seen price rises after good champions league performances, just wondering could it go like that,

Or is he inline to take Bobby's place probably not the thread for the discussion or musing

Make it the place I'm not allowed in the other one :pac:

Make it the place I'm not allowed in the other one :pac:

Ha ha I didnt actually mean there, just meant maybe this was the wrong thread :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Choo-choo, just jumped on the Jota bandwagon. Realised I had the funds to do Podence to Jota, and so here we are.

Defence is still hanging in there, so have to hope Lamptey pulls through or I might have to take a hit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Who are we all replacing TAA with?

Looking at wolves assets basically and it's very tempting to do kilman? Would leave 4mill in the bank, and I could upgrade, a mid like zaha to a sterling or KDB. Or I could take Wilson up to vardy or jesus.

Short term tho, it's TAA out.

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Who are we all replacing TAA with?

Looking at wolves assets basically and it's very tempting to do kilman? Would leave 4mill in the bank, and I could upgrade, a mid like zaha to a sterling or KDB. Or I could take Wilson up to vardy or jesus.

Short term tho, it's TAA out.

I have Robertson so similar, looking at Chilwell in.

Sold TAA and Robertson for KWP and Masuaku.

Have 7.1m itb.

Edit - no interest in owning any defender over 4.5m but I’m unfortunately 7 weeks too late to that conclusion.

I also sold TAA for Chillwell

Sold TAA and Robertson for KWP and Masuaku.

Have 7.1m itb.

Edit - no interest in owning any defender over 4.5m but I’m unfortunately 7 weeks too late to that conclusion.
    I also sold TAA for Chillwell

HAHA we all jumping off at the same stop - no doubt they'll get CS and a double digit returns each.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

I've been a silent member of this club all season too :)

As have I

HAHA we all jumping off at the same stop - no doubt they'll get CS and a double digit returns each.

Suppose as a fan I’ll be happy if it happens but I don’t fancy many clean sheets in the next 6-7 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,036 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

The search for an Ings replacement begins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Bit of an issue with my team now with all the injuries.

Really hope Rodrigeuz and Lamptey are fine for the weekend.

Anyway ive Ings to change for certain and maybe others but ive only one transfer and 0.1 in the bank.

Was thinking either Wilson or Bamford and then have money to upgrade Pereira to either Grealish or Ziyech.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Is it worth hanging on to Ings if you've had him from the start, to avoid losing out on the price increases?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

I have Robertson so similar, looking at Chilwell in.

I have chilwell. Likely take a 4.5m defender with wolves or west ham if I can find one

Just did Ings and Zaha out for Vardy and Jota for a -4 hit...

Tusky wrote: »
    Just did Ings and Zaha out for Vardy and Jota for a -4 hit...

Is Jota gonna play enough? Tempted by him meself but I have enough players who might not play.

I think Jota is a huge gamble. Klopp is very loyal. Can’t see Firminho dropped immediately. Tho Jota will feature at the weekend at some point I’d imagine god knows how long he’ll play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,311 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Klopp is very loyal

What is that statement based on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,036 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Is it worth hanging on to Ings if you've had him from the start, to avoid losing out on the price increases?

He's going to be missing between 4 and 7 games, not just 1.

What is that statement based on?

Firmino has been off form for quite a while and Klopp has stuck with him. He does have a soft sport for him. However, Liverpool haven't had great options in that department to rotate until now. I don't think Klopp can leave Jota out of the team now - he has scored 7 goals in his first 10 games (six starts).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,311 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Firmino has been off form for quite a while and Klopp has stuck with him. He does have a soft sport for him. However, Liverpool haven't had great options in that department to rotate until now. I don't think Klopp can leave Jota out of the team now - he has scored 7 goals in his first 10 games (six starts).

Firmino has been off form since about January while the team was flying. jota was brought in at the first transfer window available.

I don’t really see any evidence to suggest Klopp has loyalty to off form players to be honest, nor should he.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭steve_r

Ings out to Wilson.

Is a -4 to change Dunne into Cresswell worth it? Gives me a playing defender with good fixtures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 760 ✭✭✭PGL

Hi folks

I'm toying with the idea of playing my wildcard this week - see attached my squad. I only have one free transfer this gameweek. I haven't used any of the other 3 chips yet. I had a comfortable lead in a few mini leagues, but the lead has reduced significantly in recent weeks and is one of the reasons I'm considering playing my wildcard. My scores have generally been above average each week, but my competitors have scored a lot higher in recent weeks.

What are people's thoughts? Is it a bit early to play the wildcard? Should my squad be in a worse state before considering playing the wildcard?

Thanks a mill!

PGL wrote: »
    Hi folks

I'm toying with the idea of playing my wildcard this week - see attached my squad. I only have one free transfer this gameweek. I haven't used any of the other 3 chips yet. I had a comfortable lead in a few mini leagues, but the lead has reduced significantly in recent weeks and is one of the reasons I'm considering playing my wildcard. My scores have generally been above average each week, but my competitors have scored a lot higher in recent weeks.

What are people's thoughts? Is it a bit early to play the wildcard? Should my squad be in a worse state before considering playing the wildcard?

Thanks a mill!

What would your WC team look like? Theirs an international window soon which maybe a more preferable time too play it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭Brian201888

International break after these games so covid/injury could come into play. If I had my wildcard I'd hold one more week and power through this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 760 ✭✭✭PGL

thanks guys. I'll try to hold on for one more week so and play one free transfer. i haven't even thought about a WC squad yet....

forgot to mention my total score to date is 424 points

Ings out Wilson in.

Could do with moving Pereira on as he's gonna drop in value but trying not to lose points over transfers made this season. My paid league is fairly tight any little mistake costs you!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Not a hope Jota starts at the weekend away to City. Firmino will do the donkey work for 60/70 mins then Jota will come on. I'm holding off for another week, price rises or not.

2 free transfers but no idea what to do. Will Hamez play?

Might transfer out Martinez for similar priced keeper. He's useless when it comes to saves.

Advertisement