Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ard Branagh, Portlaoise

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 paula13

Hi all, I felt the need to share our experience with this development in the hope that it’ll deter anyone who is considering to purchase a house in Ard Branagh. We first viewed Ard Branagh in March 21, we loved the lay out and size of the house and were so excited to get in in Sept 21!! After signing contracts we had LOADS of contact from the estate agent looking for our help to buy details! Once he got that it was us doing the chasing! We were in contact with the estate agent and the woman who was working in the office on site weekly for updates and were filled with lies for 2 years!! It’s now April 23 and the house we bought has yet to be started! I drive past the estate every day going to work and there is never any workers on sight! It was so disheartening, especially as we sit checking daft and see house prices sky rocket! We thought once the 18 months were up on our contract we may be able to get some compensation for the breech in contract and the 2 years of rent but unfortunately our solicitor advised us if we can get our deposit back, to take it and run as the costs of bringing them to court could be huge! We have now pulled out of the sale and want to close this chapter and move on. Not surprisingly the builder has yet to refund the help to buy to revenue so that is now outstanding, which will impact if we try to buy another new build. To say our hearts are broken from this whole experience is an understatement and for anyone considering buying here please reconsider because these horrible people do not deserve your money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 maeve..

Hey how are you , iv bought in Ard Branagh too , iv had a leak in my kitchen . Also my door handles have came off in the bathroom and bedroom and told them said nothing they can do , also my door bell box nearly caught on fire, rang them they said it was out or warranty as it was installed over a year ago even though we were only on the house 6 months .

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Eireplane

Hi, did you rush the snagging stage by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 maeve..

Hey no it wasn’t rushed . We had the snag done and only a few bits were completed

Maybe your house insurance might cover the door bell box, looks like they are getting away with murder, only for so long I suppose.

Post edited by Eireplane on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Thebusternick

Hello, I have sent an email to the housing minister and Portlaoise city council urging them to something about Ard Branagh and I would advise everyone that is buying to the same to put some pressure to get this moving.

Here are the emails:

minister@housing.gov.ie

corpaffairs@laoiscoco.ie

Also, I think the local and national newspapers need to be made aware of this as a matter of public interest. It really is a scam. Absolute con artistry.

I recommend this advice to anybody caught up in this racket.

1; don't pull out, that's their game.

2; Begin legal action.

3; Expose this building company and real estate agent by leaving reviews online and telling all the newspapers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 LiamProperty1

What is the actual name of the building company?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mcenery

Branagh Homes Ltd

not

Exhibitside Ltd anymore?? Don’t know why….

• Advertisement

Same crowd running both.

Advertisement