Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remote working

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭horsebox7

McGaggs wrote: »
    You should have the same conditions as you had while in the office.

Do you know of anyone remote working who has flexi leave available?

Allinall wrote: »
    OP.
    What did these organisations say when you applied for a job with them?

The contract states flexi time and flexi leave applies.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭FluffPiece

horsebox7 wrote: »

And your flexi leave policy most likely has a clause allowing for it's suspension based on departmental needs, have you read this policy?

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭E30M3

And should you subtract the time you spend on boards or have you checked that?

This thread is a duplicate and should be closed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Are they working remotely?

Yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Do you know of anyone remote working who has flexi leave available?

Me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

It depends really. Are you expected to be available to clients/colleagues at specific times?

I work 4 hours a day, I prefer to do the same 4 hours every day but it doesn't really actually matter what 4 hours I do. So long as I get my work done. My employers offer me flexibility, but equally I make myself available if I'm asked to attend a meeting or whatever outside my usual working hours.

Flexi-time is not usually an automatic entitlement in any role, but if you can make a decent case for yourself, no harm asking for it.

E30M3 wrote: »
    And should you subtract the time you spend on boards or have you checked that?

This thread is a duplicate and should be closed

We are discussing remote working in general fyi. Is it ok with you to post on boards if someone is on leave?

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Unknownability

We are discussing remote working in general fyi. Is it ok with you to post on boards if someone is on leave?

Unfair.

McGaggs wrote: »
    Yes

That sounds good. How does it work in practice? Are the employer and employee happy with the arrangement?

• Advertisement

It depends really. Are you expected to be available to clients/colleagues at specific times?

I work 4 hours a day, I prefer to do the same 4 hours every day but it doesn't really actually matter what 4 hours I do. So long as I get my work done. My employers offer me flexibility, but equally I make myself available if I'm asked to attend a meeting or whatever outside my usual working hours.

Flexi-time is not usually an automatic entitlement in any role, but if you can make a decent case for yourself, no harm asking for it.

Sounds good. Does it work well for both yourself and your employer? Do you get credited in terms of time off for additional hours worked if you need to work excess hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Eevie McGreevy

Do you not realize that flexi leave isn’t available for everyone in the civil service. We don’t have it in our office for example and that applies for all grades. So if you really are looking for everyone to have the same conditions then the answer would be to scrap it completely if it can’t be offered across the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭E30M3

FYI I never stated it was or wasn't ok to post on boards. You have avoided my question?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Should staff get flexi time and flexi leave when working remotely?

In the private sector this should be an option.

Should not be an option for public sector workers.

Do you not realize that flexi leave isn’t available for everyone in the civil service. We don’t have it in our office for example and that applies for all grades. So if you really are looking for everyone to have the same conditions then the answer would be to scrap it completely if it can’t be offered across the board.

Thanks for your comments. Just having a general discussion here not particular to public or private sector.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

No, flexi should not be given while remote working. Its either remote working or flexi, one or the other but not both.

FYI I never stated it was or wasn't ok to post on boards. You have avoided my question?

If im on boards its on my own personal time not work time. Im sure you are the same.

If im on boards its on my own personal time not work time. Im sure you are the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Kimbot wrote: »
    No, flexi should not be given while remote working. Its either remote working or flexi, one or the other but not both.

Why not both? So long as the work gets done then what's the issue?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    Why not both? So long as the work gets done then what's the issue?

Its also about the time you are available for. All our staff are working from home now but we can't change our operational hours becuase they want to go for a walk in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Mod:
    OP has taken a vacation from this forum; hence this thread is closed. If someone wishes to have a general discussion on the topic however they are more than welcome to open a new thread on the topic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement