Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stevo Timothy (Farmer Michael) Removed from Facebook for Hate Speech

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,504 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Is he saying his whole library of sketches was only stored on Facebook?? That would be madness, only just beyond the stupidity of thinking this crap is funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

_Brian wrote: »
    Is he saying his whole library of sketches was only stored on Facebook?? That would be madness, only just beyond the stupidity of thinking this crap is funny.

No, they're also on YouTube, Instagram and lots of other social media sites

• Registered Users Posts: 18,504 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Ok.
    He be fine so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭zf0wqv9oemuasj

I must say that I find farmer Micheal very very funny. A lot of his sketches are based on a lot of the stuff that did and still does happen in rural Ireland and some of the things we would be joking about ourselves so it’s very funny when we hear him do sketches around it. Things like “fond of a drink”, “suffers with their nerves” for example that he as done in sketches.

I’ve seen him live also and it was brilliant and some of the stuff he says would have him gone off Facebook a long time ago :D

As for Facebook, absolute head wreckers and idiots to do what they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

FTA69 wrote: »
    Regardless of whether you think he’s funny or not is irrelevant really and not the issue. He made a relatively inoffensive gag that satirised a conservative auld fella having a culture shock - like the video wasn’t making fun of black people or whatever.

This type of thing is pernicious nonsense, it creates and fosters division and suspicion, it stifles the arts and it poisons any sort of discussion on real and substantive issues.

The guy mightn’t be to your taste but he’s entitled to make a living making funny/not funny videos and now he can’t because of a few screaming bedwetters.
    Not on a platform he doesn't own! They set the rules. He can be as free as he likes on his own platform but this seems to be about the money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

I'm not familiar with him bar this event. Obviously humor is subjective, I can honestly say that I wont be subjecting myself to anymore of his work.

Is he always this "shouty"? It's reminiscent of the turning point of popularity for Tommy Tiernan. He was good but then he went shouty, then people stopped laughing.

While using the perception of racism to be xenophobic was poorly executed, it was harmless. Unless someone views his exploitation of a minority for "lols" as an issue.

Either way, IMO he should be reinstated on FB...purely because im not on FB and Id rather see him contained to one area.

His "comedy" is an abomination and the rural community should be outraged by this representation of them.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

No wonder we have a generation with mental illness.
    They cant do anything now without having to consider who might be offended.
    No one should be growing up with that sort of pressure.
    Growing up is about being yourself and making mistakes and evolving, at this point any youthful mistake or percieved step out of line has potential ruin you life. You dont even have to have done anything wrong.
    Getting up out of bed will be deemed a racist act pretty soon .

I feel sorry for kids nowadays living under this pressure, but like any ailment the cure is in their hands, they need to organise and fight back.
    Fight for the right to fk up.

Does anyone have a funny joke that cant be found offensive by somoene else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

I was hoping he was banned for having a complete meltdown abusing all of the currently sacred cows.

This was just boring.

Advertisement