Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Penneys Toy Show PJs

• 28-10-2020 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

With Penneys being closed till December, is the Toy Show merchandise / PJs etc gone for this year? It’s a real pity as it’s usually a fundraiser for Temple Street hospital.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

With Penneys being closed till December, is the Toy Show merchandise / PJs etc gone for this year? It’s a real pity as it’s usually a fundraiser for Temple Street hospital.

Wow. That is a good point. And I hope no one here minds but I can setup a just giving page for the temple street foundation so all the money goes directly to the charity and nothing to do with me.

And hopefully we can raise some funds for Temple Street.

What do we all think?

I know After hours used to raise money for charity previously. But I’m conscious it’s a slippery slope by doing this as other people could argue what about x,y and z charities and fundraisers.

Maybe if we agree as a forum to just allow one charity per year and go with temple street this year who will be badly affected as their trick or treat with temple street has taken a hit as will the toy show pj donations.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Loughc wrote: »
    Wow. That is a good point. And I hope no one here minds but I can setup a just giving page for the temple street foundation so all the money goes directly to the charity and nothing to do with me.

What do we all think?

I know After hours used to raise money for charity previously. But I’m conscious it’s a slippery slope by doing this as other people could argue what about x,y and z charities and fundraisers.

Maybe if we agree as a forum to just allow one charity per year and go with temple street this year who will be badly affected as their trick or treat with temple street has taken a hit as will the toy show pj donations.

Brilliant idea. Onboard with this 100%.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

TRS30 wrote: »
    Brilliant idea. Onboard with this 100%.

Just waiting on approval and I will share the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,114 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »

What do we all think?

You had me at temple Street
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Great idea. They'd get something directly even if it was only a couple of hundred

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,916 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Do Penneys / Primark ever do online shopping?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,795 ✭✭✭Jude13

DvB wrote: »
    You had me at temple Street

Ditto. My daughter had great care there and in Peter's Ward in Crumlin. I'm in.

Advertisement