Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Christmas with a difference?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,090 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

LuasSimon wrote: »
    Is anyone organising Christmas party in their workplace this year or are we all saying there won’t be any ?
    If lockdown finishes December 1 after these 6 weeks level 5 could we not expect restaurants if not pubs to be open for the 3 week run in to Christmas .

In my place some teams are talking about having their own night rather than the big company one (was 1000 people last year) but I guess that depends in pubs and restaurants being open

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

gozunda wrote: »
    A family Christmas for us traditionally involved those of the extended family who were chefs (professional) in the kitchen generally killing each other. Various others members of the extended family drafted in to peel spuds, act as bus boys and as dish washers. The resulting dinner in the best Victorian style could be served any time from eight o'clock (pm) onwards and involved way too many courses and a major meltdown when something had been inevitably forgotten or overlooked.

These days we keep it simple - thankfully...

Sounds right like my type of crowd !
    I love that kind of crazy house party, have been missing them since this all started.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Looking like we won't have one of the best days of the year for me this year. Stephens Day. All of us meet up in the pub early and stay there all day eating and watching the football and drinking. All couples and single people. A great day out. Hopefully we can at least have a party if the restrictions allow it.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

It'll be different here also. Normally some extended family come to my folks house for a few days at Christmas. This won't be an option now. I'm hoping none of us get sick so my family can still have dinner with my parents.
    Normally have one night out with a group of girls dinner, drinks and dancing in a late bar. The big social thing I'll miss is a gang of about 30 of us from school have a Christmas night out the first Saturday night in December. We are spread all over Ireland but all come "home" for the night out.

Advertisement