Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair and Eir voted the worst for customer service during Covid crisis - Agree?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

eir are the biggest cnuts in the country, so frustrating to deal with, I sometimes have to deal with them through work, and I can tell you they are the biggest jumped up self centred cnuts in the republic, I had a friend who put in a query to a TD, and he put it through the Dáil and they still wouldn't answer, they just think they are above everybody, should never have been sold off, but EU and state aid rules and all that

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Aer Lingus up there in the top three. Doesn’t surprise me. Surprised their % isn’t higher in fact.

Still waiting for a voucher since March. Apparently my request was ‘prioritised’ more than a month ago.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,279 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Aer Lingus up there in the top three. Doesn’t surprise me. Surprised their % isn’t higher in fact.

Still waiting for a voucher since March. Apparently my request was ‘prioritised’ more than a month ago.

Well just to give you a little hope, I finally got a cash refund from them last week. Still waiting on anything at all back from Ryanair for the return flight for that trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

Eir, yes appalling service. But not Ryanair. I really don't understand people's shortsightedness.

Screaming ranting and raving in the midst of a global pandemic about delays in getting their €30.00/70/100.00 refunds. I mean get over yourself.

The airlines have been particularly hard hit, yet when this mess is over all the moaners will be expecting their bargain basement flights again, with not one thought, nor care about the Airline business in the interim.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I can only agree on Eir, though one thing to note their call centre is down the country not India, after they moved out of telephone house in Marlborough Street in Dublin they moved the jobs to Sligo.

I believe the webchat is in India.

That said, as someone fairly well acquainted with the company, there were some good people there but the organisation as a whole was a total shambles. I would never give them my business again after the hassle I had trying to cancel; they were still sending me bills months after I switched to sky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Eir are permanently the worst. Surely the massive fall off of customers (including myself) hasn't been worth outsourcing their customer service to India.

Yeah Eir are the worst, horrible company, an hour getting through to them on avarage. The problem is people dont care enough about customer care as all that matters to the general public is thinking there getting a good deal and Eir sales guys are great at making it seem like your getting a great deal

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭carq

Vodafone are the worst I have ever dealt with by a country mile, it was genuinely astounding how many times they consistently did the exact opposite of what they promised. Have had bad experiences with Three too but not quite as bad. In general phone/broadband providers seem to offer shocking customer service - you'd think that at least one of them would realise this as it would not take much to have a real advantage over your competitors.

I am currently in a 6 week saga just to get another tv box ordered.
    it is incredible how bad they are and plain incompetent.

i think i have spent around 13 -14 hours of my life now on the phone to them just to give them more business

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

Chinasea wrote: »
    Eir, yes appalling service. But not Ryanair. I really don't understand people's shortsightedness.

Screaming ranting and raving in the midst of a global pandemic about delays in getting their €30.00/70/100.00 refunds. I mean get over yourself.

The airlines have been particularly hard hit, yet when this mess is over all the moaners will be expecting their bargain basement flights again, with not one thought, nor care about the Airline business in the interim.

yeah totally agree. heard stories of people spending hours on phones and emailing them to get 50euro back. all that effort and stress for something you are ultimately going to be refunded on anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

yeah totally agree. heard stories of people spending hours on phones and emailing them to get 50euro back. all that effort and stress for something you are ultimately going to be refunded on anyway.

Funny thing is that the easiest way to get in contact with them is to cancel your direct debit.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ennis81

Eir are shocking, my father got gangrene on his foot during Covid, he was in hospital for 2 weeks, we missed an eir bill and they cut his phone Line off, never missed a bill in over 40 years, took me over 2 hours to talk to someone in eir to cancel the account, we had to switch to sky who were FANTASTIC to deal with

• Advertisement

Its my money. They didnt take months to charge me for the flight, did they? You need to also consider the financial impact it has on people, not every flight is 30 euro and in some cases people had to then book alternative flights which now cost more as a result of being so close to the travel time. Between Ryanair refunds Im still waiting on and the cost of replacement flights, im down 2k

Its a con as well, making people scream at them because they keep sending vouchers that arent worth a damn, just adds to the mayhem and confusion.

I had matching bus and rail bookings with each flight, they were all refunded within 48 hours automatically. Its not that hard. Ryanair have made it hard by trying to avoid payment as much as possible.

Mark my words, there will be a report in a few years about how much money Ryanair kept as a result of claims slipping throught the cracks and people giving up.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

ennis81 wrote: »
    Eir are shocking, my father got gangrene on his foot during Covid, he was in hospital for 2 weeks, we missed an eir bill and they cut his phone Line off, never missed a bill in over 40 years, took me over 2 hours to talk to someone in eir to cancel the account, we had to switch to sky who were FANTASTIC to deal with

I am not a fan of Eir at all but the point is that you missed the bill and the cut off process is automatic so I wouldn't bet too bad with them.

Just switch to direct debit and all those problems are prevented.

Its my money. They didnt take months to charge me for the flight, did they? You need to also consider the financial impact it has on people, not every flight is 30 euro and in some cases people had to then book alternative flights which now cost more as a result of being so close to the travel time.

Mark my words, there will be a report in a few years about how much money Ryanair kept as a result of claims slipping throught the cracks and people giving up.

No there will not. Talk about whataboutery and hysteria. Kick a man when he's down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

Ryanair shoot up to 55% "failed to meet customer expectations".
    That looks like an improvement to me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

No there will not. Talk about whataboutery and hysteria. Kick a man when he's down.
    Yes, please.

Kick a 'man' when hes down? They have BILLIONS in reserve. Billions. O'Leary is a multimillionaire. I and most of his customers are not so who is kicking who? Cancelling peoples flights en-mass when its those customers that they rely on to continue to exist. Naturally if a route is not booking, you cancel the schedule but to cancel a flight with 7 days notice is well and truly kicking your customers. They openly lied to me about the cancellations as well by the way. I kept a copy of the exchange where they swore blind the flights were still happening but 'sold out' means exactly that. It doesnt, its Ryanair lying again just as they do with the on time percentage which is doctored thanks to exaggerating their flight times.

Its not whataboutery. Most companies have been able to process refunds because in most companies, its automatic and simple goes back to where it came from. Paypal can do it, Amazon can do it. B&Q can do it. Argos can do it. Why not Ryanair? Because they are doing everything in their power to frustrate the process which will result in people losing track of refunds and/or accepting vouchers.

I accepted 3 vouchers. messy to use, arent on your Ryanair account so you need to keep track of them yourself and when the next flight gets cancelled, the money will go back to the voucher which hopefully, you still have. so despite getting on planes every single month, I still have my Ryanair vouchers plus a sizable amount owed to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ennis81

murpho999 wrote: »
    I am not a fan of Eir at all but the point is that you missed the bill and the cut off process is automatic so I wouldn't bet too bad with them.

Just switch to direct debit and all those problems are prevented.

I understand how these kind of companies work, but when I investigated the situation my dad was actually in credit with them, so they should not have cut him off, they also managed to do something to the line which made it unusable, Sky had to send out technicians to lay a new phone line, and I must of spent around 10hours on the phone to Eir to get them to refund the money they owed my dad

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭smokybacon

It’s gas waited on the line for the 35 mins, told takes ten days to process an order. Told can’t cancel order until after. Yet website says dispatch is 2-3 days. So really 12-13 days! Sounds disorganised all right.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

I'd agree on Eir. Before I switched their service was slow and my incident request jumped from dept. to dept. with each one requiring a re-iteration of the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

Vodafone are the worst. They get my vote. They do everything possible (and purposely) to annoy you, get you to hang up.

You call the Vodafone Ireland office initially but unfortunately the people who actually have access to the important information (and can somewhat offer assistance) are abroad (intentional) so you get transferred after speaking to David in Cork to someone with bad English and a poor ear for Irish accents (intentional).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭chrissb8

Ryanair has been shamelessly promoting holidays for 2020 while many other airlines are promoting summer 2021. They are an unethical piece of trash company who only care about their bottom line.

I know that all other companies do only care about their bottom line as well. But Ryanair has the ability to truly not give a s**t about the customer and extolling a transparent approach devoid of decency.

This has been fine for people as they begrudgingly accept this fact and all the nonsense from dirty planes, surcharges wherever possible to delayed flights most of the time. Because they're cheap and it is after all just a flight. They also treat their workers like dirt as well. Or have we all forgotten the debacle of 2018 so quickly.

No one should care for companies like Ryanair. If Ryanair were to go another airline company would step in and do the job as many are already trying to do. Bargain flights are here to stay because that is a market in of itself and an extremely lucrative one.

So imagine when people who know all the above see Ryanair are once again trying to pull a fast one and f**k the customer over once again. Yeah, you can see why a lot of people were frustrated and angered.

Also, It's your money and never should you lay down and say "oh well only X amount" or you'd soon realise how much money you frivol away over a period of time. Never understood the "ah it's only this amount" yeah and if you say that enough you'll be a fool soon parted from your money.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Manach wrote: »
    I'd agree on Eir. Before I switched their service was slow and my incident request jumped from dept. to dept. with each one requiring a re-iteration of the problem.

It's a funny one. I've had a number of different companies for broadband and Eir is by far the most stable connection I've had. No issues (bar total outages which happen infrequently) in almost 3 years now.

I'm genuinely terrified of the day I actually have to call them up though based on experiences in this thread!

I find Sky a nightmare tbh. The constant and never ending badgering on the phone when you want to cancel something. Not even talking about the offers, which I can understand. But on a number of occasions I've had an agent try to point out things in my life I don't need anymore just so I can keep Sky, get outta town with that just let me cancel!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

I'm with eir 3 years. Call them once a year to renew yo get better deal. Apart from the wait times I can't complain.

Kick a 'man' when hes down? They have BILLIONS in reserve. Billions. O'Leary is a multimillionaire. I and most of his customers are not so who is kicking who? Cancelling peoples flights en-mass when its those customers that they rely on to continue to exist. Naturally if a route is not booking, you cancel the schedule but to cancel a flight with 7 days notice is well and truly kicking your customers. They openly lied to me about the cancellations as well by the way. I kept a copy of the exchange where they swore blind the flights were still happening but 'sold out' means exactly that. It doesnt, its Ryanair lying again just as they do with the on time percentage which is doctored thanks to exaggerating their flight times.

Its not whataboutery. Most companies have been able to process refunds because in most companies, its automatic and simple goes back to where it came from. Paypal can do it, Amazon can do it. B&Q can do it. Argos can do it. Why not Ryanair? Because they are doing everything in their power to frustrate the process which will result in people losing track of refunds and/or accepting vouchers.

I accepted 3 vouchers. messy to use, arent on your Ryanair account so you need to keep track of them yourself and when the next flight gets cancelled, the money will go back to the voucher which hopefully, you still have. so despite getting on planes every single month, I still have my Ryanair vouchers plus a sizable amount owed to me.

Too much time on your hands. Throw a wild flower bomb.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Eir are horrendous. I suspect many older people are paying them a ridiculous monthly amount thinking its still Telecom Eireann. Thankfully we have Comreg who are a great organisation.

I like Vodafone.

An Post are another great organisation. They played a blinder during the 1st lockdown. They diversify and adapt as we have seen over the years - mobile phone, insurance, banking services, one 4 all etc.

chrissb8 wrote: »

No one should care for companies like Ryanair. If Ryanair were to go another airline company would step in and do the job as many are already trying to do. Bargain flights are here to stay because that is a market in of itself and an extremely lucrative one.

Haha. Richard Branson lasted two seconds.

Perhaps because Ryanair was "Irish" they were able to navigate the union ridden, corrupt rotten DAA cartel and the like. If they go, we'll be trapped on this gawdforsaken gray grim island looking at Coronavirus documentaires forever more.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,499 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Necro wrote: »
    But on a number of occasions I've had an agent try to point out things in my life I don't need anymore just so I can keep Sky, get outta town with that just let me cancel!!

They're all like that.

Had a guy move into a houseshare with me a few years back. We had Virgin and he was moving out of a place that had Virgin, which was in his name. He rang to cancel for his old place and they still tried everything. Even tried convincing him that he needed a dedicated broadband connection in his bedroom in case he didn't want to share with the rest of the house :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭eddie

Eir are the worst. and thats going back to 2008 ive had problems with them.

if Eir offered me 2euro a year broadband, i wouldnt take it. they are that bad and not worth the hassle.

at least with ryanair they are cheap and you know what you are getting.

I think it is incredible that the head of EIR is going before a committee today and going to say that EIR customer service only turned to mush with pandemic..utter rubbish - it was always the worst you can imagine - I have reported them on numerous occasions to the Comreg to the point that eventually, they compensated me and I just walked away from them. I would say that their poor customer service is a deliberate and sustained policy to keep costs low in that department.

The funny part of it was that IF they had dealth with my original problem and were civil about it, they would have saved so much time and effort from the tsunami of paperwork and queries it generated over 2 years.

I would not take for free, anything from them, and I cannot even describe how little I value their contribution to Ireland in any way or manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

eddie wrote: »
    I think it is incredible that the head of EIR is going before a committee today and going to say that EIR customer service only turned to mush with pandemic..utter rubbish - it was always the worst you can imagine - I have reported them on numerous occasions to the Comreg to the point that eventually, they compensated me and I just walked away from them. I would say that their poor customer service is a deliberate and sustained policy to keep costs low in that department.

The funny part of it was that IF they had dealth with my original problem and were civil about it, they would have saved so much time and effort from the tsunami of paperwork and queries it generated over 2 years.

I would not take for free, anything from them, and I cannot even describe how little I value their contribution to Ireland in any way or manner.

agree, i wouldnt take EIR if it was given to me free.

they may have lost money and resources dealing with your complaints, but their strategy works with thousands of other customers who didnt bother.

i wish i had realised vodafone were so bad before i signed up with them recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

Carolan still blaming Hcl 2 years later is laughable

Advertisement