Advertisement
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Competitons not showing on Golfnet

  • 21-10-2020 9:38am
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 14 ✭✭✭ T453


    A qualifying away score and a non-qualifying score have not been uploaded onto to my Golfnet account. However I did get cut for the qualfying away score but with it not showing online will these rounds be included when the New handicap system comes in?


Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 12,308 ✭✭✭✭ prawnsambo


    T453 wrote: »
    A qualifying away score and a non-qualifying score have not been uploaded onto to my Golfnet account. However I did get cut for the qualfying away score but with it not showing online will these rounds be included when the New handicap system comes in?
    Does the cut show up on GolfNet?


  • Registered Users Posts: 14 ✭✭✭ T453


    No My handicap got cut but nothing is shown about it or the competition

    Would it be possible to just enter the scores when the new system comes in if they werent oringinally entered


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,308 ✭✭✭✭ prawnsambo


    T453 wrote: »
    No My handicap got cut but nothing is shown about it or the competition

    Would it be possible to just enter the scores when the new system comes in if they werent oringinally entered
    I'd say wait. You could also ask your handicap secretary - he can have a look at your record on GolfNet and perhaps may have to run an update on his software to update your record. Your home club is where your handicap is managed. How much time has elapsed since you recorded those scores? If it's in the last week or so, it's probably just waiting an update from your own club.


  • Registered Users Posts: 14 ✭✭✭ T453


    Score was from August but will wait and see what happens when the new system comes in and if still a problem I will ask
    Thanks for replies


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,308 ✭✭✭✭ prawnsambo


    T453 wrote: »
    Score was from August but will wait and see what happens when the new system comes in and if still a problem I will ask
    Thanks for replies
    No problem. But I would advise taking it up with him before the changeover. This week if possible as H/secs will have initial sight of your new handicap index before the end of the week and any anomalies need to be sorted between then and November 2nd. That's a long time for a score to come through.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 ✭✭✭ T453


    Ok Thanks
    The competiton I played back in August was a GUI event and therefore I didnt enter my score onto a computer would that have made a difference
    I also notice now another GUI event that I got a point 1 in is not showing but I did get the point 1


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,308 ✭✭✭✭ prawnsambo


    T453 wrote: »
    Ok Thanks
    The competiton I played back in August was a GUI event and therefore I didnt enter my score onto a computer would that have made a difference
    Well yes. If nobody else did either. But generally you can't process results without either going through a lot of tedious work or using the computer system designed for the job. You say you had a cut, but that's not actually possible unless it went through GolfNet. Assuming you played in competitions since August, that cut should have applied to your scores in those comps. Unless you applied the cut manually when entering your scores.


  • Registered Users Posts: 14 ✭✭✭ T453


    Yes My handicap was cut but the GUI competition is not showing up is all that is wrong


  • Registered Users Posts: 14 ✭✭✭ T453


    I looked at my GUI scores from 2019 and notice they also do not come up but when I look at unprocessed away scores from 2019 on my account they are all there so will Golfnet update these scores at the end of the year and will they be included in the new system


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,308 ✭✭✭✭ prawnsambo


    T453 wrote: »
    I looked at my GUI scores from 2019 and notice they also do not come up but when I look at unprocessed away scores from 2019 on my account they are all there so will Golfnet update these scores at the end of the year and will they be included in the new system
    I think unprocessed away scores from last year are probably gone for good. Usually this happens when the handicap secretary is doing a GolfNet update and away scores pop up to be included in the update. He can choose to include or ignore these (they are usually ignored if they were scored after a home competition that he hasn't closed yet) but should be added in later. Sometimes that notification doesn't pop up again if it's been ignored before - not always, but sometimes (or it's ignored again for some other reason) and the scores remain unprocessed. I've no idea how the cut is on your record without a corresponding score, but that may only be answered by the club that recorded the cut. The fact that it was GUI competition may have something to do with it.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 ✭✭✭ T453


    Ok Thanks
    Would you have any idea if these will be included in the new system


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,308 ✭✭✭✭ prawnsambo


    T453 wrote: »
    Ok Thanks
    Would you have any idea if these will be included in the new system
    No idea without sight of your handicap record. If it was put in as an adjustment to handicap only, I can't see how it could be included.


  • Registered Users Posts: 14,597 ✭✭✭✭ Seve OB


    ive a good few away scores
    they have been processed
    now they have all been moved back to unprocessed!

    might they be doing something to do with the WHS?

    Of course if they are..... I'm not surprised they wouldn't tell us!


Advertisement