Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

VRT statistical code for v12?

Options
  • 20-10-2020 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭

I am looking for the VRT calculation on a Jaguar/daimler V12 that I want to import from UK but where do I find a statistical code for VRT as the website does not give an option for Jaguars in the manual entry section? I don't see any likely reference number on the V5.

Anyone done one already?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

is it a pre 1990 ? If so it wont matter anyway. They will mess about for a few days, but ultimately it will be flat rate 200.

If its post 1990 - then its in the lap of the gods. I think you can request a quote, but I hear it could be just about anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭freddyuk

It's 30 years old next september......but there is Brexit in between....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

RobAMerc wrote: »
    is it a pre 1990 ? If so it wont matter anyway. They will mess about for a few days, but ultimately it will be flat rate 200.

If its post 1990 - then its in the lap of the gods. I think you can request a quote, but I hear it could be just about anything.

If there is already a code in the system for one that's 30 or more, does that mean there'll be no faffing about, and you can pay the €200 there and then rather than being made to wait a few days?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

freddyuk wrote: »
    I am looking for the VRT calculation on a Jaguar/daimler V12 that I want to import from UK but where do I find a statistical code for VRT as the website does not give an option for Jaguars in the manual entry section? I don't see any likely reference number on the V5.

Anyone done one already?

I've done exactly that within the last 12 months. I never got a statistical code though, just an awful bill!

If there is already a code in the system for one that's 30 or more, does that mean there'll be no faffing about, and you can pay the €200 there and then rather than being made to wait a few days?

that should be the case - but I've read here a number of times that pretty much everything is getting sent to revenue ( No doubt because of covid or some ****e :rolleyes: )

• Advertisement

that should be the case - but I've read here a number of times that pretty much everything is getting sent to revenue ( No doubt because of covid or some ****e :rolleyes: )

Grand job. I'll find out next week what happens to me so.

I went in last week with a car older than 30 years. They had the statistical code but it still had to be referred on for what she called "manual evaluation". She seemed as pissed off as I was!

?Cee?view wrote: »
    I went in last week with a car older than 30 years. They had the statistical code but it still had to be referred on for what she called "manual evaluation". She seemed as pissed off as I was!

Balls. Did you have to go back to the center to pay, or could you do it online?

I was back a total of 5 times to get mine done. They'll be in no rush to sort it either ( blaming covid of course )

Pics ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭freddyuk

Thanks for the heads up. I'm going for something else then........

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

I was back a total of 5 times to get mine done.

Wasn't much better when Revenue were doing it in-house. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭acmatman

The stat code on my Vehicle Registration Certificate for Jaguar E Type Series 111 2DR is Search Code 27006 Stat code 44486918
    a November 1971 vehicle

Two weeks later today and I’ve not heard anything from them. I will have to go back in to pay.

call them and ask to speak to the revenue liaison person - she seems decent enough and will chase revenue for you

I called daily for 3 days before I brought my other car for an NCT as I wanted to kill 2 birds etc, I got the txt to say it was sorted literally 10 mins after I got home from the test. :rolleyes:

call them and ask to speak to the revenue liaison person - she seems decent enough and will chase revenue for you

I called daily for 3 days before I brought my other car for an NCT as I wanted to kill 2 birds etc, I got the txt to say it was sorted literally 10 mins after I got home from the test. :rolleyes:

Thanks for that. Coincidentally this morning I received an email to call their Dublin number. I did so, and the amount due it €200 (big surprise). They then read a long script about needing the wear a mask etc. when you call to the NCT centre to pay the €200. It would be somewhat easier to pay €200 over the phone but that would be too logical I suppose :)

Well, I'm just back, and have got to go back again because the vehicle has an X1 or xr depreciation code.

The guy in the center said the last 3 or 4 vintage cars he did were all being treated to the same treatment. He said he didn''t know why since the fee would be the same anyway, but that's what they've done. It's a proper pain in the nads because I must visit the center to pay as it can't be done online.

Well, I'm just back, and have got to go back again because the vehicle has an X1 or xr depreciation code.

The guy in the center said the last 3 or 4 vintage cars he did were all being treated to the same treatment. He said he didn''t know why since the fee would be the same anyway, but that's what they've done. It's a proper pain in the nads because I must visit the center to pay as it can't be done online.

What an X1 or XR depreciation code?

?Cee?view wrote: »
    What an X1 or XR depreciation code?

Both. As in the exact quote is:

"This vehicle has an X1 or X2 depreciation code. The revenue will perform a manual valuation. You will be notified of the result within the specified time limit."

What either an X1 or X2 depreciation code actually is, I don't know, but I assume it's some sort of value of depreciation.

Pics ?

Forgot that you asked, Rob. I eventually got 'round to it. The water on the front drivers side is from the water bottle feeding the fog light washers. Thought I had it sorted. I obviously dont.

• Advertisement

now thats a beaut - well ware !

Advertisement