Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The PDC World Championships 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

And thats why he's the best in the world

• Registered Users Posts: 7,716 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Gutted for Cullen. Great match

• Registered Users Posts: 14,125 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Lundstram wrote: »
    That was an alarming drop off from Cullen at the end there. WTF happened?

Bottled it completely. His head was rolling all over the shop

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭FrKurtFahrt

Sweet Jesus, I'm in awe! If only we have something as stunning in the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

Cullen looked knackered as well as rattled. Fair play to Van Gerwen, pulled a 180 out of nowhere to seal it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,662 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Great performance by Cullen in fairness, I expected him to lose 4-0

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

One of the best games ever on that stage.

MVG has balls like a Bengali tiger.
    No other player wins from 3-1 down there.

Feel so sorry for Cullen. Played his heart out and just ran out of steam the final leg. 180s were unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Unreal
    Have to hand it to MvG, that last leg 180 was brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Don't be disrespectful Michael..

• Registered Users Posts: 38,080 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Van De Bergh or Chizzy next up for MVG

MVG vs Van De Bergh could be some game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭bassy

i think mvg v price final

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

bassy wrote: »
    wonder what price mvg was to win be outright winner of the worlds when he was 3-1 down to cullen?.

He was 7/2 on Powers. Had to have a look.
    Lundstram wrote: »
    That was an alarming drop off from Cullen at the end there. WTF happened?

Just sheer pressure.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Van De Bergh or Chizzy next up for MVG

MVG vs Van De Bergh could be some game

He's the only one in that quarter I thought was capable of giving MvG a game, here's hoping
    Hope Chizzy doesn't win cos he hasn't a hope vs MvG

**** me what I would of given to of been in a pub watching that game

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Officer999

Outstanding game. We’ll be lucky to have a better one this tournament

• Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Juwwi

I love watching Rugby , Cheltenham but you can't beat darts for the edge of the seat stuff .

Was very surprised to see MVG never went over 2/1 in running I thought he was gone a few times .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Juwwi wrote: »
    I love watching Rugby , Cheltenham but you can't beat darts for the edge of the seat stuff .

Was very surprised to see MVG never went over 2/1 in running I thought he was gone a few times .

Unbelievable game. Up there with the best i’ve seen on that stage.

If DvdB doesn’t beat him i think Dirk will. Or at least i hope he will

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Really don’t like MVG never did... thought it was curtains for him tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 7,662 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭bassy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

I think mvg v Cullen was a classic case of the difference between a good player and great player.

With the benefit of hindsight, i feel Cullen should have taken 30 seconds to compose himself before the last leg. He had the throw and was still in a great position.

I feel he was gone mentally before a dart was even thrown in the last leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,871 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Gurney misses D12 for the 9

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭koppy

I think mvg v Cullen was a classic case of the difference between a good player and great player.

With the benefit of hindsight, i feel Cullen should have taken 30 seconds to compose himself before the last leg. He had the throw and was still in a great position.

I feel he was gone mentally before a dart was even thrown in the last leg.

I taught the break at 3 sets to 1 is where the game changed. He stayed on stage aswell. Cullen never looked comfortable after that. Havent seen the stats but it felt like he dropped off in all the stats, 180's,140's,checkouts etc. During that break they showed that he was ahead in all the stats up to that. Bet mvg was way ahead in the last 3 sets.

Taylor always mentioned been able to finish a game, when you switched in your head from playing the game to finishing a game. Wonder did Cullen realise that he's about to win and started feeling the pressure.

Classic game though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

There was a moment last night in the second last leg I think, that Mvg took a much longer time to throw. Took a big swig of water, dried off his hands etc

Could have been a moment to compose himself or could have been an attempt at breaking Cullen rhythm.

It wasn't anything approaching suljovic or anything or even a particularly long pause but it definitely stood out against the usual MVG rhythm. He's always there waiting to throw.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Board seems to be cutting up a bit here too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Degag wrote: »
    Board seems to be cutting up a bit here too

Yeah the 20 was in tatters hope they change it now

Gurney vs Price/King should be fun

koppy wrote: »
    I taught the break at 3 sets to 1 is where the game changed. He stayed on stage aswell. Cullen never looked comfortable after that. Havent seen the stats but it felt like he dropped off in all the stats, 180's,140's,checkouts etc. During that break they showed that he was ahead in all the stats up to that. Bet mvg was way ahead in the last 3 sets.

Taylor always mentioned been able to finish a game, when you switched in your head from playing the game to finishing a game. Wonder did Cullen realise that he's about to win and started feeling the pressure.

Classic game though

ya, I wondered why he stayed on stage
    he was throwing so well at that stage maybe he was afraid of losing his rhythm so stayed up there and kept throwing
    In any case, you're right his scoring definitely fell off after that

Gurney a match for anyone at this point and he has got the ability to win on the big stage
    One of the finalists will surely come from that bottom quarter

• Registered Users Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭munster87

D.Q wrote: »
    There was a moment last night in the second last leg I think, that Mvg took a much longer time to throw. Took a big swig of water, dried off his hands etc

Could have been a moment to compose himself or could have been an attempt at breaking Cullen rhythm.

It wasn't anything approaching suljovic or anything or even a particularly long pause but it definitely stood out against the usual MVG rhythm. He's always there waiting to throw.

I think it showed great maturity on MVG’s part to take a moment to prepare himself fully

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Love seeing bunting back playing well. Peppering that treble 20

Advertisement