Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best tractor around 120hp

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Morris Moss

I thought I read somewhere that Deutz and Lambo were now the premium brands and Same/Hurliman where lower range.

Edit: Grassmen Video 15th Nov (Gardner Potatoes)

Higher horsepower tractors Deutz is the premium brand, but those smaller tractors are all almost identical to each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

joe35 wrote: »
    I see a fella in Cavan advertising tractors for around 50,000 plus vat. Lamborghini, Same, and Deutz. Anyone any knowledge of these makes. All round thee 115hp bracket. Seems good enough value.

I like the look of the Same, comes with loader for 50,000

AFAIK their grand tractors but parts can be a rob.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

what are the gearboxes like in them now? We had a Same 100.4 and the gearbox was awful notchy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

Its integrated into the armrest and its electronic
    The arm rest has throttle, lifts, T bar for gears

On the joystick itself you have the plus and minus buttons for gears aswell as the 3rd service for the loader that can turn on and off 4wd aswell if you're at a job like loading muck where you need that extra bit of push

It was an extra at a cost of 2k but the tractor itself will be worth that but more at trade in I'd hope

I watched a demo of a 5710 with that setup on youtube, the "brake to neutral" is a great idea too. The tractors are like a cross between a tractor and a telehandler. You could tell that the tractor was designed to be a loader tractor, and not just an after thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Gudstock

I am looking for a second tractor to have more comfort doing my heavier jobs like mole plough and gravelling drains and for safety drawing bales. Also bit of low loader work just for ourselves with 6 ton machine. Want to future proof to being able to cope with a vacuum tank with a dribble bar/macerator.
    4/6 cylinder around 120-140hp.
    Budget: 50k (maybe....)
    Interested in a loader on it or adding a Ross More or one of the Intertech ones to it possibly.
    I know prices are gone crazy but that might be a separate debate. And waiting for the clean, genuine one...
    What are the most reliable makes and models? NHs seem most popular? Seem to be an endless array of NH/Case options 6030, 6050, 6120, 6140, maxxums, ......and so on. Any recommendations or ones to avoid? Any opinions on Valtra N series?

• Advertisement
Advertisement