Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

App to stream music

• 17-10-2020 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking to build a very simple app. I have around 500 MP3s that I want to stream live, as in like a live radio stream, not a playlist where users can select or skip songs.

The songs will be on shuffle, and I'd prefer if I could host the MP3 files somewhere online, rather than stream them from my own PC.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

could you not rent a server, store the 500 mp3s on it, then make an m3u file and stream that through to your music app on your phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭bystarlight

Thanks for your reply/idea.

M3u might be the way to go. I might try build an app with a media player pointed to the m3u, if that's possible.

Advertisement