Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Youtubers

Options
2»

Comments

Kamu wrote: »
    To think there was a time I was about to drop 1000ish on equipment to start a Youtube Channel.

Very believable.

In the old YouTube days, the main British Youtube 'Agency' (I don't know what you called it) published a really good quality documentary, weekly if I recall about proper lighting and framing for a 'chat show' type format, : how to correctly illuminate the subject's face, and complimentary colours -

if you wanted to go out and buy recommended kit and furniture, it did'nt cost the earth either, particularly the lights.

Today though, YouTube creator channel wants you to have manic levels of POSTIVITY and why, you'll find lot of friends on YouTube more than willing to help (not my experience) and so on and so forth...

luketitz wrote: »
    Mike O from That Chapter has become a fave in our gaff in recent months, deadly little show!

Great channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Ekerot

Subscribe to my channel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

I waffle on about a variety of topics.

I already have that URL too ingrained in my memory for the shock to be effective anymore :D

Ekerot wrote: »
    I already have that URL too ingrained in my memory for the shock to be effective anymore :D

Shucks :pac:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

I know of that septic eye fella, 25m subs... jez, and that crude fella talking about Ireland with a duck for an avatar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Their moderation has gone mad since the ad revenue started to pile in. Literally if it doesn't fit the narrative or any indication of copyright and you're flagged.

My Youtube account got terminated on grounds of "Hate Speech" for saying I didn't agree with the actions of BLM, particularly the Riots...

Got a copy/paste response on appeal from 'support' that definitely didn't bother to read my comments... but being flagged by the automated overzealous algorithm was enough for termination... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

Can someone tell me if I'm correct, is Manic Moran the Chieftain?

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭OscarMIlde

There was an Irish lad who had a gaming channel called 'How to annoy people with Kevin'. It was pretty funny, he would do stuff like join multiplayer games and shoot his teammates. I think he's still on youtube under a different name but focuses more on playing games than winding up other players now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,090 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

Pacifico wrote: »

I just happened on his show last week and watched/listened to a number of episodes. I have been tuning into a lot of crime interrogations and trials recently. It seems like they are getting weirder and hard to believe. It is incredible the lengths some will go to in committing capital crimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

BeerWolf wrote: »
    I know of that septic eye fella, 25m subs... jez, and that crude fella talking about Ireland with a duck for an avatar.

Money for old rope... Fair play to jacksepticeye millions would love to be in his shoes.

I think the success of YouTube just comes down to having personality. Johnny Carson once said as long as you come off well you'll do great. Saying and doing are two completely different things tho :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I've a youtube channel

Started doing action figure reviews , but i do movie stuff aswell and a weekly wrestling show , would love a sub i'm not far off 500 so I'm doing okay

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfblYHJ5oJjUTonuZTxs9oA

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Kamu

I've a youtube channel

Started doing action figure reviews , but i do movie stuff aswell and a weekly wrestling show , would love a sub i'm not far off 500 so I'm doing okay

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfblYHJ5oJjUTonuZTxs9oA

Gave you a sub, feck it, I like retro wrestling i'm awaiting your Superman Action Review.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

iamstop wrote: »
    Anyone know any daycent Irish youtubers?

I watch this guys stuff for interesting stories and the production quality is decent.

Qxir
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGHDQtN_vzFYJaq_Fx1eikg

Thare was some other lad I used to watch who would frenetically play various video games. Can't remember what he went by though.

Kevin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭satguy

I do like me a stout, must be said!

I think the last one was a mango infused IPA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF1qs6FTgBk&t=1s

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭AlfaZen

Stavros969 does weekly videos on Trucks and Classic Cars. Worth a look if you are into that.

https://www.youtube.com/user/stavros969

Not really the point of the thread.. BUT a TIP for anybody following the thread who wants to grow their youtube channel:

If you're concerned that a troll has subscribed to your YouTube channel like happened to me, I suggest a 2 stage test:
    Check out their own YouTube channel. If it has NO VIDEOS AND IS A BARE PROFILE. If it it is a channels with videos and wallpaper not to your taste then BLOCK THEM as follows:

Click on the FLAG icon on their 'about' page. Choose Block from the dropdown menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Anyone looking for a quick laugh, pretty chilled out videos I recommend CallMeKevin, he's from Cork. Very funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

OscarMIlde wrote: »
    There was an Irish lad who had a gaming channel called 'How to annoy people with Kevin'. It was pretty funny, he would do stuff like join multiplayer games and shoot his teammates. I think he's still on youtube under a different name but focuses more on playing games than winding up other players now.

Has to be call me Kevin, he’s hilarious, and still winding up people on online games and playing other games ‘incorrectly’ with hilarious, and often sadistic, results :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Anyone looking for a quick laugh, pretty chilled out videos I recommend CallMeKevin, he's from Cork. Very funny.

His phasmaphobia video with randomers had me in tears laughing!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,554 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Tony Cantwell, the Fresh Prince of Hilar, has some good “content” on YouTube. He’s, currently, doing a podcast on the Great British Bake Off, it’s very good.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭BalcombeSt4

Yea, the three lads from the OSW review show, reviewing/commenting on old skool WWF PPV's, they started with Wrestlemania 1 from 1985 & the last review they did was Survivor Series 1994, they also do bonus reviews of crap movies, like Fatal Deviation, The Happening & The Marine 6, to just a few.
    If you like cheesy oldskool wrestling this is a great channel.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkoP2aohe2aQXRWKNN6bRng

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭OscarMIlde

Has to be call me Kevin, he’s hilarious, and still winding up people on online games and playing other games ‘incorrectly’ with hilarious, and often sadistic, results :D

Yep, that's the same guy. I don't know how he manages to straddle the right line with it, a lot of people would come off terribly if they did the same things but with him he's just funny.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,874 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

satguy wrote: »
    I think the last one was a mango infused IPA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF1qs6FTgBk&t=1s

I looked over some of his older vids, 3 - 4 years old. He looks super young compared to how he looks now. I know it's the beard but looks like hes ages at least a decade.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

Foil, Arms & Hog have loads of very funny sketches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭satguy

iamstop wrote: »
    I looked over some of his older vids, 3 - 4 years old. He looks super young compared to how he looks now. I know it's the beard but looks like hes ages at least a decade.

Yes,, some of his oldest are 6 or 7 years old, he was 14 in some of the early ones.

He was even too young to get an adsense account, so for the first year his vids were not monetised, so I used and old adsense account I had but was not using at the time. I also had an amazon affiliate account from when I built my own websites.

By his second year on youtube and with good viewing numbers by then, Most months he was earning €120 from youtube and another €40 or so from amazon.

It was not too bad for a 15 or 16 year old lad,, and his mum and I were happy that he spent most of his spare time up in his room making vids, and not running around on the streets with other teenagers.

But, now he comes home from college, and takes over our kitchen, brewing beer..

Advertisement