Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it worth spending a decent amount on jeans?

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

I find Hugo Boss the most hard wearing jeans and they wash well.
    Bought 2 pairs of 7 for all mankind in the 00's they're as strong as kitchen roll, fall apart after a year.

Absolute rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Gardeur jeans, would be my favourite, not cheap, but good quality and the sizing is consistent

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Francescoli

Likely to be someone on soon to disagree with this, but I find Tommy Hilfiger jeans to be the most comfortable for my size and they generally wear quite well (with the exception of 1 pair I bought). I currently have 2 pairs for over 2 years which still get worn a couple of days a week each. Usually go for around 100 euro a pair, which is good value for as long as I have had them.

I would agree with you on TH jeans, I wear them and Nudie.
    I find both of them are comfortable and very long lasting.

TH often have good sales on and thats when id usually buy 1 or 2 pairs.

Nudie always have decent sales on from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Randy Archer

Never really spent a lot on jeans but thinking it could be worth it. The official Levis store where I live runs about $200-250 a pair last time I wandered in. I don't even know what other brands to look for?

Is there a noticeable worthwhile difference? I'm not that happy with my last few cheaper buys.

Get a decent pair of jeans ? Absolutely , last for years if looked after.

But 200 plus ? Christ no. Can get jeans just as good for 150 and under

Try mandmdirect.ie . They do Levi’s (limoted stock due to popularity) decent prices there. Deliver fast , never had an issue with https://www.mandmdirect.ie/02/fts/?search=levis+mens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭46 Long

I've had good luck with Hilfiger and GANT. They seem to last for ages, wash well and keep their colour. Years ago I used to only buy €50 Jack & Jones jeans that used to be worn out and faded looking after three months. The oldest pair of Hilfiger jeans I own were bought during the January sales in 2014 and still going strong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

I do not like Levis and tend to get my jeans at Brown Thomas or Diesel and they never cost EUR200+.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Klopp

There was a time I only bought and would wear Diesel jeans. I found the fit for me to be perfect. One Xmas I got a pair as a present from Jack & Jones about 6 years ago, I was surprised by how well they fitted and the comfort. I buy any new jeans needed from here there now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭DilD

In my opinion, no.

I've tried different brands and price range jeans and they all end up ripping somewhere at some stage.

Not to sound like a twat but I do like high end quality clothing, jumpers and the likes I do splash out on, but never jeans. H&M 20 quid all day long. Do the job well and cheap as chips to replace whenever you feel they get worn out. At the end of the day they're just jeans, walking down the street nobody is going to know whether you spent 50 or 500 and I'll bet you won't feel the difference either.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,518 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

It's great that jeans last 15 years.

Biggest problem is they look like they're from 15 years ago.

Penny's jeans all the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭DilD

John_Rambo wrote: »

Exactly. Even if they don't rip, you're still walking around like you've inherited your da's pants

• Advertisement

Bought two pairs in Burton's going on ten years ago for €25 each. Both have kept there shape and colour very impressively.

I've never paid more than €50-ish for a pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭The Mulk

John_Rambo wrote: »

Never a truer word spoken.

Nice thing about Penneys too is the range of sizes, including odd numbers.

33" Waist 32" Leg etc.

Not always easy to find in the more "premium" brands

I get all my jeans cut to perfect length. I'm a bit short so they're always a bit long.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,355 ✭✭✭ofcork

Found that 501s have gone very narrow in the end of the leg so switched to 511.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭conor678

Best pair if jeans I have bought are from Olympus. Designed for the bigger thighs gentleman. Come in at 70 sterling a pair but are comfy and durable and also do some stylish numbers too. Heavily recommend them.

Used to buy cheap ill fitting jeans that never quite worked so made the splash and spent more and my logic is if they fit and feel comfortable then you wear them for longer and they pay for themselves. Just my logic

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Formosa

If I want don't want jeans that sag at the arse and make me look like I don't have one, I can't fasten them.

If I get ones I can fasten, they sag at the arse and make me look like I don't have one.

In general me & clothes have always had a mutual disdain for each other...

Advertisement