Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Furiosa

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,836 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

With the release date still 6 months away, CGI at this stage will always look unfinished. I'm sure it'll be a different kettle of fish in the middle of next year. It's not exactly a departure either, I mean, Fury Road had absolutely TONNES of CGI in it. It's the combination of on-the-ground real vehicles in real locations, ramped up with hugely heightened CGI elements.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The CGI looks to be used in exactly the same way it was in Fury Road: to completely heighten the "reality" of this world into something almost surreal; cribbing about its presence feels a bit redundant at this stage - when we know how fabulous Miller has made it all look. No way you can claim Fury Road's own was "convincing". I hope he's given the post-production time to make the thing looked as accentuated as he wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Wow, the War Rig looks nice and shiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,294 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So that's where depressed Thor disappeared to.

Hopefully they clean up the CGI a bit as it looks a whole lot of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Skyrimaddict

Looks good,

Pity that's it's ruined that Thor turns into imortan Joe in the trailer and casting credits on Google.

Looks good, I like mad max

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,676 ✭✭✭buried

Will definitely go see it, but have to agree that the majority of the chase and action scenes in the trailer look like terrible CGI, I know there was CGI in the last instalment but the majority of the action scenes showcased in the early trailers for the last one heavily showcased the real live action, and you could tell.

Makes me worry the same level of stunt commitment is not going to be in this one. Hope I'm wrong

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 30,836 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Ha, well it wasn’t for me until you posted that.

<edit> though actually I think you might be wrong on that

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Looks like Chris Hemsworth's chopper will follow the rules of this world and look both insane and wildly impractical:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

If the apocalypse wasn't hell enough, you have to deal with boy racers!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,294 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

New trailer

It's cinemas May 24th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭junkyarddog

New trailer just released.

As much as I love the Mad Max universe,I think it may be getting just a little bit ridiculous now.

Hope they clean up that CGI,looks more like a cartoon at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Patrick Mahomes

The CGI looks crap.

Regards,

P.

I love that George Miller has basically got a really late in life blank cheque to make whatever he wants, to the level he wants.

Yeah it looks like a cartoon. So did Fury Road; this was no bad thing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I do think Three Thousand Years of Longing went a bit too hard on the ol’ glossy CGI, to the detriment of the film. So I hope Miller has pulled back a bit here. Granted, that was a pandemic production so was a bit more restricted than it might otherwise have been.

But Fury Road was a glorious slice of exaggerated cartoonish excess, and I’m very glad this film seems to be sticking to that. Will reserve judgement on how successful it is til I see it on the big screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,545 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Regardless of how this movie turns out, if they follow the trend of re-releases and we get Fury Road back in theatres for a week it'll be all worth it.

For sure: the pandemic obviously forced Miller to use CGI for what should have otherwise been fairly mundane scenes; I remember the last scene was supposed to be a simple walk in a park yet looked so achingly false.

A couple of fleeting moments during (what I presume to be) the big finale set-piece looked a bit ropey but this "Fury Road universe" approach has from the get-go been extremely exaggerated both visually & tonally. I can accept "cartoon/bad CGI" when the film stages itself as a cartoon - I'd look at something like the now-ancient Kung Fu Hustle as an example of similar. To criticise that this looks like a cartoon I do have to wonder if users actually even watched Fury Road in the first place! 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 19,545 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Turns out they've already scheduled some screenings, tickets booked 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 85,059 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Advertisement