Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭ColemanY2K

A price cut combined with 0% HP on the model 3 is the dream.

50,000km pa rules out PCP.

🌞 7.79kWp PV System. Comprised of 4.92kWp Tilting Ground Mount + 2.87kWp @ 27°, azimuth 180°, West Waterford 🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

Yeah great point as I would definitely go for a premium colour probably stealth grey as I just don’t like white personally.

When I add the stealth grey for €2000 the price actually jumps by €3,225.

So even a €2000 price drop would effectively save me €3,225.

I think I’m going to wait this out for at least a week or two and see if they drop prices here like other markets🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭wassie

In Norway, EVs up to NOK500,000 are exempt from paying VAT. Above that, 25% VAT is payable on the excess
    amount.

The problem for Norway is that this incentive scheme has been so successful, nearly all new cars sold are EVs or hybrids and the Govt is now missing out on a lot of revenue. But a change in policy could reverse this change overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭ozmo

How do you do cruise control on the Tesla 3 (2024) - the tesla website is useless and still says push the Stalk (have they forgotten they took it away from us!) - Chat GPT wasnt helpful either saying to use the Gear Selector… Videos go into options I know I dont have.
    Moving the scroll wheel Left-Right I can see a distance from car in front is adjustable - but thats as far as I can find…

What do we have available to us in Ireland as far as cruise control and automation? With the default package do we have cruise control. Or Is Lane assist it? ta.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭redlead

You double press the right wheel button I believe. Still waiting for mine though so that's just based off watching YouTube videos. I think you can activate autopilot that will steer for you but not overtake or recognise lights or anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭positron

That's mad. Why are cars so expensive here in Ireland? It's not like we have some car manufacturers here to protect!?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Place your deposit to get a spot.
    If they drop the prices you get the new lower price anyway. I’d they up the prices they honor the lower price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,245 ✭✭✭User1998

The pre tax price of cars in Ireland is actually quite low. But we then have 23% VAT and more importantly, up to 40% VRT.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭ozmo

Thanks - Car does nudge the steering back if you try cross a lane without indicating - I have not enabled full autosteer in settings.
    Ive tried double clicking that wheel - all kinds of holding down wheel - holding and releasing accelerator - but I cannot get cruise control to engage - even standard cruise control would be useful for long roads.

Tried this from this Teslas Site - but doesnt seem to work for me… Is it a feature I have disabled or not paid up for?
    "To engage Traffic-Aware Cruise Control, press the right scroll wheel, then release the accelerator pedal to allow Traffic-Aware Cruise Control to maintain the cruising speed."

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Luna84

So more importantly car manufacturers don't make as much off us on a new car but the government does.

And a point back in the day we get what we all called PADDY SPEC that seems to be gone these days on new cars which is a good thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭PGE1970

Hold down the right wheel button. It will beep when cruise control engaged.

It will default to the speed limit that you are on. You can increase/decrease speed with the wheel.

Hold down the wheel again to disengage. It will beep again so you know that it's off.

If you approach a car in front whilst on cruise control, it will automatically slow you down.

It's a very simple system to use when you get used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭creedp

The Govt makes less on EVs that an ICE as zero VRT up to €40k and only 8% on price over €40k as well as handing back €3.5k in tax revenue for every new car under €60k. Everything sold here is subject to same VAT rate so not targetting just cars.

The Paddy spec came from the extortionate VRT on ICEs in the past. Much cheaper to add after market optional extras where possible

VRT is an absolute farce. There's no car. manufacturing industry' to protect, and since the focus has shifted to knowledge and pharma etc there isn't even an attempt to attract manufacturing jobs here. They should abolish the VRT really.

Anyways, so with 0 VRT on EVs under 40k, what makes M3 30% more expensive here than in Norway? I thought VAT was even higher there, like 25% or so?

Maybe the fact that in Norway both new and used EVs under approx €43k are exempt from VAT explaining 23% of the M3 price difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,577 ✭✭✭maidhc

paddy spec is still a thing. Some cars are coming into the country with cloth seats and leather “covers” to follow and be fitted locally…

Maybe so but quite a bit less popular than they used to be in the bad old days

That’s a way for the dealer to avoid vrt and charge for the leather themselves without paying the manufacturer.

There’s a place in crumlin (small estate beside Mr. Windscreen and Autoglaze) that specialize in this. And retrofitting sun roofs believe it or not.

They had a que of Hyundai i40’s the day I was there from a local dealer. All getting leather and front heated seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭sk8board

a lot of the old base spec cars were being built in the likes of Sunderland and travelling short distances. The tax situation meant we couldn’t afford much more - it’s not like the manufacturers chose to do it that way.

To protect margins and make manufacturing easier, the options lists on EVs are far shorter than we’re used to, and in the case of byd, MG & Tesla they’ve to be boated from China.

Tesla don’t really have an options list at all, for a generic buyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭dmigsy

I have an Ultra Red M3 SR ordered with a pickup date in 3 weeks. A price drop before it arrives would be great. One just after I get it will be a sickener. Reading online that they refunded some Irish buyers in this scenario before (ordered and paid but not collected before price drop). I've no issue cancelling and waiting if it comes to it.

I got my new M3 four weeks ago today.

The day after I collected, they dropped the price by €3k. I contacted them to see if anything could be done.

They didn't even reply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭dmigsy

That's what I'm afraid of. Would leave a bad taste. It's always a risk when they're reducing prices. Hope you're enjoying the car anyway!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Remember, theres folks out there (and in here) who paid €54k+ for a RWD, collected it and then a few weeks later the same car was ~€40k… (or maybe it didn't drop that much that quick? can't really remember)

(I paid €49k for one in 2020, so I'm far from gloating about that price drop or anything…)

I'd actually placed an order for another one at €54k fearing the price was going to go up again. Tesla were offering me €44k trade for mine (with 67,000km), so cost to change was only €10k, but to get into a better car in almost every aspect…

Cost to change now probably closer to €15k (assuming I can sell for around €23k), which 2 years on from above doesn't sound too bad, would probably mean a private sale vs a trade in.. but the fact of the matter is that even at 4yrs 2 months old & 93,000km, I still can't justify trading up to a new one, despite all the upgrades a new one would have above my own car (bigger LFP battery, heat pump, Ryzen chip, double glaze, heated wheel/wipers, power boot, matrix lights/better rear light cluster, chrome delete, refresh interior, made in China etc…)

However, I'm still not sure I even want another Tesla…. There are a lot more options out there now than there were in March 2020.

The constant tinkering with the car with software updates is probably now one of the car's worst features for me. And I'm seeing more and more issues being reported by owners lately… (including completely locking it's owner out of their car - key card & app would not unlock the car... I'm sorry, but thats fcúking outrageous).

I'm on a hybrid version of 2023.44.1 since November that had some bug fixes manually patched into it by HQ before those same bug fixes went live in an actual update, but its stable, the wipers work reasonably well, its a prior version to the autopilot jail update, and the car passed an NCT a few weeks ago, so everything works, so I see absolutely no reason to update the software anymore. the car works, and I don't want anything in it to change anymore.

If Telsa were to do an Apple.. Can you imagine older models slowing down as soon as Tesla releases a new version.

Imagine with Highland Model 3 release, all the previous version Model 3s taking 10 seconds more to boot up, screen running a few seconds slower than you are used to, slight delay in touchscreen response, and a few seconds delay in throttle response. The planned obsolesce accusation! It's highly possible to do if Tesla wanted to do it - but fingers crossed they don't go that evil!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭John arse

I am, thanks.

I appreciate that prices change and the price that I paid is a lot less than people before me.

The problem for Tesla is that customers will develop a lack of confidence in the brand if they continue with a scattergun approach to pricing and drop them sporadically.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,577 ✭✭✭maidhc

It’s done by the importer in at least one case which is a wholly owned subsidiary of the manufacturer. It is to reduce the VRT burden true enough though.

Also done by the dealer. Easier to sell cars with leather, heated seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

ok so I went ahead with the order today! Stealth grey standard range.

If the price drops so be it I’m still excited to get the car.

I paid the deposit and am now applying for the finance through finance Ireland as it brings me there through the Tesla account.

The calculations seem to be off on the 60 month term compared to the Tesla website even though the APR is the exact same.

it’s showing as rrp €43,720 vs the Tesla site which states €41,832

Anyone experienced this?

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭JOL1

Tesla have always honoured price reductions for cars that have yet to be "delivered"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Sounds like a nice way to get around BMWs rent your heat charges.

Stay Free

Advertisement