Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I'd guess only a couple of percent, especially if they're not logging onto the app to check the cameras continuously.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭eagerv

• Registered Users Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭User1998

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭eagerv

Never seen it anything like that high in the warmer months when we would normally be away

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Luna84

That sounds ideal so. And they do not have much to worry about especially since we are heading towards the warmer part of the year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

just advise them to not be checking the app all the time as each time they do it it will wake the car up which costs energy…

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Because its safer for everyone. After 2 hours, concentration levels and ability to react quickly deteriorate. Hard to get that message to stick when some people think it's OK to drive with a couple of pints in them. The smart thing to do is take a short rest after 2 hours, or share the driving if possible. A ten minute break to take a leak, or grab a coffee makes a huge difference.

From the UK, but same principles apply.

https://www.brake.org.uk/get-involved/take-action/mybrake/knowledge-centre/driver-fatigue

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭embraer170

Thanks for the different replies. I now understand the Highland isn't anymore efficient than the 2022 car.

Doing it a while already and the 320km are typically driven in 3-3.5 hrs without stopping or charging (but that's also not the topic here). I'd like the car to be able to do it comfortably nonstop.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Luna84

• Registered Users Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Literally nothing. I think mine lost like 1 or 2 percent on a 3 week holiday.

Sentry uses up more but I think it turns off when the battery reaches 20%.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 JS. Bach

Hi Folks,

221 model 3 very noisy aero cover when car on the move, felt shaky to touch, took it off and centre seemed broken, photos attached, how much is new aero, do i put service request in or go

to Sandyford and get one? Would it be covered under warranty?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Weeks. I left mine for 3 weeks last year and it lost 3%. That included one update and I logged in daily to vent the windows as it was during the heatwave here while I was away.

Sentry mode obviously off as it was at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭JOL1

Order it online fromm Tesla EUR30 per cover. Link attached. It's clearly damaged and I cant see how it woulld be covered by Warranty.

https://shop.tesla.com/en_ie/product/2017-2023-_-model-3-aero-wheel-cover

Thanks so much Jol 1.

Is this a common problem?

Why do you think it would not be covered under warranty?

Do you know what the ring is?

Sorry Jol 1 can i also add, looking at the photo,the cover looks damaged in the centre but that is just the light, the cover is perfect, it's actually a central clip that broke?

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭JOL1

Thanks..i had assumed the cover was damaged from the photo (but you say its just the light). Try logging the issue in the Tesla Mobile app (Service) with appropriate photo of the broken clip seeking replacement . worth trying initially before ordering yourself. Best of luck with it

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Looking at the curb rash on that alloy, there’s not a chance they replace that aero cover under warranty…

they'll just claim you damaged it…. (Unless you can put it on a wheel with no curb rash?

Thanks folks, so much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,697 ✭✭✭✭listermint

You buying teslas for life now ?

This is mad stuff. You'd never here someone going on about where renault should buy and build a service centre.

Here's a simple answer if any manufacturer Tesla or otherwise doesn't get or have their **** together in terms of sales and service then people should cop on and not buy them.

I see Tesla are looking for a director of service in the US. The role advertised as route to no service (service elimination) . Bit of an odd one but reads like an exercise in taking this cost out as much as possible.

“This is mad stuff. You'd never here someone going on about where renault should buy and build a service centre.”

If Renault only had one service Centre in Dublin and were selling as many as Tesla were then you would.

We had similar threads on MG only few short years ago. Now they’ve branched out and have more dealers.

BYD the same. Only 2 in Dublin. It’s grand because you bought near your home. But if I bought one up in Monaghan, I’d have to travel to Dublin for everything. As BYD get busier and more popular, they should expand too. Same for Tesla and any other brand with only one or 2 show rooms around.

• Advertisement

People wouldn't buy renaults then, and they dam well wouldn't start hunting sites for renault to buy.

I don't live in Dublin. 1. They opened recently if after 8 years they're like this I won't be following up a purchase.

(Normal people behaviour)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

You buying teslas for life now ?

I'll buy whatever brand makes the most sense to me at the time for my particular circumstances and needs. Most recently, this was Tesla. Currently, it's Nissan, as I want to upgrade my 24kWh Leaf to a 40kWh Leaf. Sometimes we have to bite our tongue and hope we won't need service very often, if ever. It's very rare I would take my car to a dealer unless it's a recall, or warranty work. I prefer to DIY or bring to an indy.

This is mad stuff. You'd never here someone going on about where renault should buy and build a service centre.

It's mad stuff that I need to point this out, but you never hear about where a Renault service centre should be, because they are built into their dealership network and there are plenty of dealerships. Take Nissan for example. I have at least 4 service centres from the one group that I could choose from within 20 minutes of my location. That doesn't include other Nissan garages outside of the Windsor group.

Here's a simple answer if any manufacturer Tesla or otherwise doesn't get or have their **** together in terms of sales and service then people should cop on and not buy them.

You seem to suggest that having sales and service centres in key locations is the same as having good sales/aftersales and service offerings. This is simply not the case. I have had mostly unsatisfactory sales and service from Nissan, Mercedes and BMW in the past. I won't get into the details on all them here, but with Nissan (Windsor Airside), I ordered a new Leaf 40 SVE on March 2022 for 34k at 0% finance with expected delivery in June/July. This was pushed back to August when I asked in June for an update.

I was travelling for work in August when they told me that production had halted due to semi-conductor shortages (which seemed to have only impacted Leafs at Nissan) and they would have my car ready by "xxx" month....no month given. They could not provide an estimated delivery date. They could not protect me against any price increases (which happened later) and they could not guarantee my 0% finance rate would apply, even though I had paid a €500 deposit.

I badly needed a longer range car for a new job I had taken and Nissan had let me down with zero apology. I've had my 24kWh Leafs with Windsor Raheny and Airside. At Raheny, I caught the lads taking my car for a bit of a joyride. It took 3 of them to test the car was OK on the drive clocking speeds of 90kmph in a 50 zone. They have never given a courtesy car for recalls, or warranty work despite being booked weeks in advance to accommodate same.

I cancelled my order with Nissan in September 2022 and was left waiting for my refund. I had to drop into them when I was told the salesman would be there, but he was off that day of course. While there, one of the other salesmen pointed to a Leaf 40 (same model and colour I had ordered) and told me that it's supposed to be going to a chap in the ICU ward with Covid and he probably wouldn't be taking delivery of the car. He intimated that it could be mine if I wanted. I wasn't comfortable with the idea and eventually got my refund after speaking to the original salesman.

In contrast, late August, or very early September, I chanced my arm and ordered a Tesla M3 RWD. The process was super easy, done online and collected about 3 weeks later. Any service has been done quickly at their Sandyford SC or by the ranger at my office, or home.

I see Tesla are looking for a director of service in the US. The role advertised as route to no service (service elimination) . Bit of an odd one but reads like an exercise in taking this cost out as much as possible.

You are taking more interest in Tesla operations than me if you know about the jobs adverts they have on another continent. I don't know what jobs they have here, let alone the USA.

As Tesla don't do the dealership model, it makes sense for them to have a few showrooms and service centres in strategic locations if they are to continue to grow and attract buyers who won't be willing to drive for hours to reach either. The M1/M50 location makes a lot more sense than the Sandyford location for Dublin. Sandyford should be nothing more than a showroom IMO. It's too congested to offer the service needed by their customers. They are well over capacity. They could also do with another location somewhere around Athlone, a little further west to cater for the Midlands, West and North-West.

Stay Free

You live near BYD South Dublin.

By your theory, people wouldn’t buy MG’s, but they did. And now they are expanding their network.

Same for Tesla and BYD. If they had more centers they’d sell more IMO.

BYD south is 74km away from me . Bit of an oul stretch there..

I'm saying after 8 years for sale here I'd stop making excuses for them. That's what I'm saying. If you find my picking land plots for BYD servicing in 8 years time please shoot me on sight.

Where did you buy your BYD South Dublin or Wexford or Waterford? Loads of choice from Wicklow.

Point being, it’s an internet discussion forum discussing options to expand. There no difference than chatting about how I wish there was an Argos near me or a Boots or a EuroGiant.

Post edited by Gumbo on

Isn't that the gas. That manufacturer is just over a year selling here. And they've loads of sites. 8 years on people are Google mapping land for Tesla to buy and expand. Kinda opens itself up to the myth of the cult ?

8 years on if I was scanning aerial views for a corporation to expand their footprint to better serve me. I'll have lost the plot.

It's a discussion forum , we can discuss normal and extraordinary behaviour.

5 V 3 but it helps when BYD piggyback on the MSL network that’s already in place.

Of course, You’re entitled to your opinion and I see BYD can no wrong since you bought one of them so probably best to agree to disagree. I

’ll stick to the Tesla cult and you can stick to the BYD Cult.

You've made this accusation before. I've done nothing to indicate BYD have done any wrong. On the contrary I detailed the issues I had at pickup and what the dealer did to sort.

I would drop the brand in a heart beat couldn't give a hoot what I bought.

You however defend the corporation and their owner at the drop of a hat. I mean look here today. I was responding to someone else's post. In ya came feeling the need to make sure Tesla had someone to respond for them in their free time. And then raise what car I purchased.

Then you pretend that's not culty behaviour. If it quacks like a duck....

Tesla should have more than 3 centres open here after 8 years. And they probably would have if people stopped making excuses for their sales and service and telling everyone how great the tea and coffee is in their glass shed in sandyford

Up the yard.

• Advertisement

I’ve never once defended the owner. Point me to a post where I did please.

You’re posting a in an Tesla thread and then nit pick because Tesla is mentioned. That’s extraordinary behavior alright.

Advertisement