Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sfp

Options

Comments

Earnshaw wrote: »
    Hmmm, was thinking of switching from BOI due to their ever increasing fees.

There are some good alternatives for business bank accounts - the only issue is that a cheque book is not provided and this is still needed in farming (unfortunately)....

I've never needed a chequebook, cash or card and get a receipt.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 186 ✭✭Kickstart1.3

Hmmm, was thinking of switching from BOI due to their ever increasing fees.

There are some good alternatives for business bank accounts - the only issue is that a cheque book is not provided and this is still needed in farming (unfortunately)....

What makes you think that any other bank will be any cheaper. AIB and PTSB ditched the free banking too.
    BOI have been cost cutting, and laying off staff for the last few years. If they need to charge then that's the reality of modern banking. I can see the charges getting worse, in the future you'll have to pay for a deposit account too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,990 ✭✭✭emaherx

whelan2 wrote: »
    Milk cheque came in , so pressure off here

Ah good, when the SFP comes in you can spend it all on shoes ;)

https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/e781-million-in-bps-advance-payments-commence/

No text got so I guess checking my account will be a waste of time.

(But you can bet I'll check it anyway...)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,156 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

emaherx wrote: »

Yup, I have one pair of runners I bought last year and a pair of wellies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭hopeso

blue5000 wrote: »
    What's a day's interest on half a billion? The last few years it was showing up as paid on agfood but didn't appear in aib farmers' accounts until a week later. But it did show up in boi accounts a bit quicker. Where was it hiding for the week?

Maybe this year agfood and the banks are a bit smarter, so agfood might have paid it already, but won't show us that it's paid until it appears in our bank accounts. As J O says the dept might bank with boi. I said half a billion because I reckon that's a ballpark guestimate of the bps that is paid through aib.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/0f03d25b5d54a87cab1cbbf37d892099/tenor.gif?itemid=11784167

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Earnshaw

What makes you think that any other bank will be any cheaper. AIB and PTSB ditched the free banking too.
    BOI have been cost cutting, and laying off staff for the last few years. If they need to charge then that's the reality of modern banking. I can see the charges getting worse, in the future you'll have to pay for a deposit account too.

Any of the fintech banks are cheaper - revolut, N26.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

They are making massive margins on existing loans along with writing off profits against losses from the crash. They are all using the times to reduce staff costs but it's a lack of competition is a major issue in the Irish market

Any of the fintech banks are cheaper - revolut, N26.

I'd like my job trying to get any leeway with them. You do know customer service is non-existent and what they are offering is nothing more than a pre-paid debit card of sorts. At the end of the day they are still governed by Banking regulations so they will have to start passing on costs sooner or later

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Earnshaw

I'd like my job trying to get any leeway with them. You do know customer service is non-existent and what they are offering is nothing more than a pre-paid debit card of sorts. At the end of the day they are still governed by Banking regulations so they will have to start passing on costs sooner or later

BOI's system is messier, hence the need to contact their helpdesk. From experience you don't have as much reason to interact with customer service with a fintech bank.

• Advertisement

I'm gonna steer clear.
    Work away yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Young95

No payment yet ? Anyone here paid yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭penelope2012

Just wish it would come in I was banking on it being in my account today but nothing yet.
    emaherx wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Farmer Dan

Just wish it would come in I was banking on it being in my account today but nothing yet.

Its showing for me there now under the Direct payments - farm details - Applications & payments section.

Not showing under Financial Self-Services.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭bonaparte2

Yes. Showing for me too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭893bet

Showing in mine also!

Showing here too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,990 ✭✭✭emaherx

Mine is showing too, the people I owe it to will be delighted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭penelope2012

Yes showing as processed 16/10/20 under DPS Payments for 2020. Thanks for that, expecting to show in my AIB account someday next week now.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Young95

What’s with the withheld bit on the invoice? Is that the 30% that gets paid at a later date ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭Grueller

Young95 wrote: »
    What’s with the withheld bit on the invoice? Is that the 30% that gets paid at a later date ?

That I hope is my share of it when everyone gets paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Farmer Dan

Young95 wrote: »

Ya, this is a 70 % advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭mayota

In amounts due there now.

Anyone get a text? I ask as I can't remember agfood password!

Anyone get a text? I ask as I can't remember agfood password!

No

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭feartuath

Nothing showing on agfood .

Anyone else in the same boat.

feartuath wrote: »
    Nothing showing on agfood .

Anyone else in the same boat.

It's not on financial self services. You go into direct payments and bps heading. Then pick 2020 and then payments summary. Then click bps. Did you try that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

It's not on financial self services. You go into direct payments and bps heading. Then pick 2020 and then payments summary. Then click bps. Did you try that?

Mines showing in "Amounts Due" on "Financial Self Services".

Avns1s wrote: »
    Mines showing in "Amounts Due" on "Financial Self Services".

I didnt check that this morning. It goes on downtime until 6.15am

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Showing there alright. Thanks for that way of finding it, nothing showing up in amounts due.

It should appear sometime on Monday for a brief hello before heading off somewhere else like a flock of badly fenced ewes:(

Advertisement