Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bulk

Options
  • 10-10-2020 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Going to do a bit of bulk for the next few months looking to build my arms and chest area. Any recommendations I know calorie surplus etc but anything training wise I could look at? I say my body fat at the minute is around 10-11% any tips on minimising fat gain?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

Binky333 wrote: »
    Going to do a bit of bulk for the next few months looking to build my arms and chest area. Any recommendations I know calorie surplus etc but anything training wise I could look at? I say my body fat at the minute is around 10-11% any tips on minimising fat gain?

As you say calorie surplus is the way you gain weight it depends on by your current weight, experience and goals how much of a surplus you need. Usually 10-20% of your TDEE is recommended or 250-500 calories depending on your preference. Also while obviously we want to ideally gain minimal fat on a bulk, as long as you're not going full dreamer, don't panic if you do get a bit fluffy. That's what cutting is for.

I would advocate eating to support your training. This means picking something that is really hard and make you eat a lot to recover and grow. Good examples are 531 Building the Monolith (https://jimwendler.com/blogs/jimwendler-com/101078918-building-the-monolith-5-3-1-for-size), Deep Water by Jon Anderson and Average to Savage 2.0 Hypertrophy (is a paid programme, costs $5 but you get a lot more than the one programme). Others that aren't as strenuous but people seem to have had success with include Boring but Big, GZCL Jacked & Tan 2.0 and 531 for Bodybuilding.

They all will build your arms and chest or can be slightly altered to do so but will also do a lot for your traps, shoulders, back and leg varying a bit by programme. If you're looking for something with more machine and isolation work I'm afraid I'm not much use to you there apart from knowing a lot of the ones that are actually good are very expensive.

Oh and if you come across someone using the phrase 'maingaining' probably best to ignore them...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,565 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Binky333

Thanks for the replies some excellent advice there will take it on board. Appreciate it 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 24,565 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Some good suggestions here as well:

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058104438/1

Whatever programme you go with, just be consistent.

Advertisement