Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wearable tech: Apple Watch vs Fitbit Sense

Options
  • 07-10-2020 11:40am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I’ve been using Apple watches since version 0 and currently have a 3 that’s on its way out. Tbh as much of an Apple fan boy that I am, the price of the Apple Watch 5/6 doesn’t justify its use given its really only used for fitness tracking and notification.

So the Fitbit sense caught my eye.

Wondering what your views are of either specific to fitness tracking and iPhone compatibility

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

I take when you mention fitness tracking and you've asked here rather than the Athletics and running forum, that you're talking about steps and maybe some cardio.

I recommended the Garmin Venu sq watch to someone on the running forum. I have a Garmin myself and I really like the look of this watch, has the Apple appearance that might appeal to you as an apple watch owner.

Garmin has their own Connect app (to check all your activities) which is available in the apple app store, a friend has my exact watch and she has an iPhone and it works exactly as my android app. It has Garmin pay (I use my revolut card on mine) and gets notifications from whatsapp, calendar reminders and displays numbers ringing my phone etc. Now, word of caution, I as an android user can reply to whatsapp messages on my watch but I believe iPhone users can't. It's cheaper than the fitbit watch you mentioned. For what it does, I find Garmin watches very user friendly and as a runner more than capable of tracking my activities (the connect app and website are excellent) €202 is a very reasonable price and I'd be very tempted myself to get one as a back up to my running watch and use it as a day to day watch.

Hopefully this helps.

Advertisement