Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today, mark 4 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭passatman86

I never seen one of these before - didn't even know what it was. Buick Lacrosse

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Busman Paddy Lasty

Quality. Bang of Opel Insignia (picture 2) off that. Had to google it to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭sk8board

Would be interesting to hear how it got from a Buick dealer in New Jersey to Ukraine, presumably second hand

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

European countries import a lot of American cars. Probably more to do with the fact they drive on the same side of the road.

It’s got a dealer stamp on the boot from a Buick dealer in New Jersey though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,286 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I doubt it has been anywhere near new Jersey. It wad built in China.

It looks like a lexus GS at the back and a Skoda superb at the front for me 😂

After I took the picture I had a look at the dealer stock for the laugh 😂

https://www.buickgmclakewoodnj.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

No new cars, all SUV and crossovers. 50 used vehicles. 5 of them cars. I think 80% of the new market in the US is SUV and crossover. It’ll be the same here soon.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

The GMC looked ok for the price

This looks similar to what I seen earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I liked the Savana. Reminds me of the A-Team van.

• Advertisement

Jeez it does aswell.. Imagine we could buy American cars here - no import fees, taxes, vrt etc

• Registered Users Posts: 14,975 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I remember seeing an XJ220 at a show years ago called Toys for Big Boys (I think). Wow, it looks so good in reality. It always looked great in pictures and on video but I was astonished seeing it in the flesh, it's beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Marcinek_55

So as some of yous probably know - Cannonrun start today at Portmarnock and headed to Wexford (do not confuse it with Cannonball). I went to Portmarnock Hotel and then to regrouping point in Glendalough. Here are some photos I took today

On my way to Wickpow Mountains I saw random yellow Aventador (the 141WX reg) but it turned towards Powerscourt Waterfall so no photos of it from today.

These car rally’s always highlight just how punishing the market is here for high-powered sports/super cars. Almost everything is UK registered

I think it's more english event that came to Ireland. They doing those drives to Spain and all as well. But yeaa I agree with you, very few irish registered supercars. There was a time that more of them was spotted around and now it gets very quiet again. Let's hope good times be back.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

A rather nice 928 GTS that was too quick for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭mazdamiatamx5

^ that's a beauty. Pretty sure I've seen it around before.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Lofidelity

For Marcin

Is it different one or did it just got wing?

That's the one I saw

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭M3CS

That Aventador has a big rear wing and some sort of bodykit on it now unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Lofidelity

The wing must be a recent thing. Doubt there is another yellow one, theres probably less than five Aventadors in the country.

Good to see its in regular use and not hiding in a garage .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭goochy

is it meath reg ? if so might be social media guy who had mc larens and ferraris before

It's WX and I don't think owner is on any social media. Was chatting to him on one of meetings, really nice man and you wouldn't believe that he is on wheelchair. Imagine how hard it must be to get in and out of this car.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭goochy

buddy thinks he saw a Senna near Phoenix park - think hes mistaken - anyone see it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Spun out to Lotus to nose around the Emira earlier with a pal. Bit bigger in real life than it looks in pictures, probably overpriced by at least 20/30k though (but what isn’t these days).

How much for a middle of the road spec 2.0L? I doubt they’ll sell many of the v6 here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭mailforkev

No price confirmed for the 4 pot yet but prob only within a few k of the 6. So 180ish.

Jeeeeesus! 911 money.

saw the Harry’s garage vid this week where he lamented the price had risen from £69k to £85k fully optioned, still about half the Irish price 🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Fitz II

No tax or VRT difference between the V6 and the 4 pot....about 5k difference only in the irish sale price, no great saving on the turbo version I am afraid. Yep 911 money or a nice 718 GT4 second hand, or a Cayman S and a Tesla model 3 and a family holiday. The price is the issue on these.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

American imports are incredibly popular but you can bet your house they’ve been crashed back in the states.

They then bid on them from say Poland, win the bid and ship it over.

The import tax can be low as if it’s heavily damaged then it’s value is quite low so they tax it based on that.

Unfortunately you have to be careful with these as they could be seriously damaged and repaired as never crashed.

Went to see a Ford Fusion a couple of years ago.

Went for a drive and it was just slow, dog slow. Rear demister wouldn’t work either.

Seller was hesitant to give me the vin so I took a sneaky pic.

Turns out the car had every single window smashed to bits and clearly not repaired properly.

i think it was slightly crashed at the front too but it was just a mess.

Advertisement