Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today, mark 4 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

ICCR started back up, so first round. Always worth going if you've an interest in Motorsport

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭sk8board

edit - replying to posts not working for me, but this was re the UK Polestar 1.

Chris Harris apparently owns the only one in the Uk, according to a video he made about it just last week. He bought the press car and no others were ever sold

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭goochy

it was lhd only and way overpriced, no real USP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭mailforkev

No pic unfortunately, I didn’t realise it wasn’t an old landie ‘til it passed me, but I saw my first Ineos Grenadier in Donnybrook on Saturday. Looks just like a Defender.

Irish ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,365 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

not today, but a few months ago in berlin, i'd never seen one before. a matra murena, which wikipedia tells me was the first ever production car made with a fully galvanised chassis.

loved the Matra rancho , were they officially sold here as i used to see a fair few years ago ? not sure if they were private imports

• Registered Users Posts: 4,387 ✭✭✭KevRossi

I really like these, but the colour on this one is dire. Doesn't come out in the photo properly, but it's a really pale caramel.

Seen in Swords.

About 15 years ago a guy I worked with was given the colour options on a new E60. It was a few weeks before Xmas, the day of the Xmas party. Half day at work. Off for a few pints and he decided to go to BMW between pub and party venue to pick the options on the new car. He wanted it for Jan 1st with the new reg and picked one that was in BMWs park but unregistered. Picked it half pissed and thought it was smoke silver. Turns out it was a kind of baby blue. Terrible colour on that model.

Every morning for 2 years he had to walk out of the house and see his drunken mistake on the driveway. In 2 years of driving and doing almost 80,000km here and the UK, he never saw another in that colour.

When he went to change it for a new car after 2 years the dealer said to him; **** it, I knew we sold one, hoped it had gone to another dealer for resale'.

That Porsche reminded me of that, but buyers choice and best of luck to them with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭[Steve]

Woodies, Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Thats Coffee Beige Metallic. I have to agree not the best colour on it, and thats a car that will take a colour other than the usual boring black or grey. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I suppose

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭skibum

Chevrolet SSR, hard top convertable pickup, in Ballybrack, Co. Dublin.

That was the best shot I could get of it.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Old school

Think the SSR might have been yellow before

I'm on a roll spotting Ineos Grenadiers, just saw my second one. Different colour to the one I mentioned above, both UK plates. Wasn't driving this time though so got pics.

I googled that Orangeworks sticker and they seem to be an Irish distributor. Their website doesn't work properly though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Fitz II

I was today years old when I found out that the Ineos Grenadiers existed.

Folly of staunch brexiteer and Britain's richest chap Jim Ratcliffe, who naturally promptly moved his tax affairs to Monaco after Brexit.

I suspect the person most excited to see the Grenadier was Land Rover's copyright lawyer.

hes also building them in France , you couldnt make it up !

Land Rover lost their copyright case

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭mazdamiatamx5

A Merc AMG GT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,154 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

i think they look good but were supposed to be terrible to drive like many american vehicles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭passatman86

Not a car but i seen the VW earlier and thought it was fairly cool, the chap driving it said its lowered on air bags

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭GavPJ

I saw that Transporter pick up a while back too.

Didn't have the company graphics on it though.

Thought these looked really interesting in the pictures, especially in silver, but having walked around this in the flesh, I’m not convinced black is the best colour, nor do I think this design will age well. Hard to know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Saw this beast in the local GAA club earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭passatman86

Looked clean

Good job on the G making it looksyounger

Unbelievably new looking for a 35 year old car 👌👌

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,387 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Thing with the G Wagen is the fuel cap. Big job to change it to a flap on the side and that's how you spot them. (Along with the reg plate in Ireland)

Advertisement