Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas cooker replacement/install?

Options
  • 01-10-2020 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to replace an old freestanding cooker (hob, grill, oven) with a new dual-fuel model. The cooker's location is set up with natural gas and a properly fused/switched cooker electricity socket.

I notice that the main stores deliver but don't seem to offer gas appliance installation. So I assume an independent gas guy needs to be called upon. How do people arrange for installation of a new cooker and collection of the old one?

- Bring out a gas guy to disconnect the old cooker from the gas supply, get the new cooker delivered and old one taken away, bring the gas guy back to install the new cooker?

- Disconnect the old cooker from the gas supply myself, get the new cooker delivered and old one taken away, bring the gas guy over to install the new cooker?

I wouldn't have thought it's allowed for me to disconnect a gas appliance myself, but surely people don't need two call-outs from the gas guy?

Thanks.

Advertisement