Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ben Dunne Gyms - No booking required

Options
  • 01-10-2020 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭

Just had the below from Ben Dunne

Has something changed with the gyms in Dublin?

Seems out of place considering the current lockdown?

Booking A Gym Slot No Longer Required.

Please turn up as required for your workout.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Kind Regards

Ben Dunne Gym Team

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

I got two mails this morning about the new booking system and then a few hours later I got the same mail as above. What a mess. First they weren’t opening at all, then in the space of a few hours going from booking to visit whenever you like. What is going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,574 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Probably be an email about the new ballbag dryers before long by the sounds of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Seems very random considering the dialogue that has gone along with the Blanchardstown opening.
    Looking at the Cherrywood location yesterday evening, lots of activity going on and a heap of people in and out of the place.
    I wonder what is driving the cancelling of the booking process, would it be the size of the Ben Dunne gyms, in comparison to other gyms?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Probably be an email about the new ballbag dryers before long by the sounds of it.
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Seems very random considering the dialogue that has gone along with the Blanchardstown opening.
    Looking at the Cherrywood location yesterday evening, lots of activity going on and a heap of people in and out of the place.
    I wonder what is driving the cancelling of the booking process, would it be the size of the Ben Dunne gyms, in comparison to other gyms?

WestWood don't do bookings either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,902 ✭✭✭Rosita

Just had the below from Ben Dunne

Has something changed with the gyms in Dublin?

Seems out of place considering the current lockdown?

Booking A Gym Slot No Longer Required.

Please turn up as required for your workout.

We look forward to seeing you soon
    Kind Regards

Ben Dunne Gym Team

Not sure why this is a talking point really. It's not as if there's an umbrella policy for all gyms in Dublin.

Level 3 guidance is also unspecific other than individual training as opposed to classes. Social distancing is obviously required in gyms but how they organise that is, presumably, a matter for individual gyms.

Will be all a matter shortly when level 4 arrives anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Rosita wrote: »
    Not sure why this is a talking point really. It's not as if there's an umbrella policy for all gyms in Dublin.

Level 3 guidance is also unspecific other than individual training as opposed to classes. Social distancing is obviously required in gyms but how they organise that is, presumably, a matter for individual gyms.

Will be all a matter shortly when level 4 arrives anyway.

It was a talking point as I had not seen a gym without a booking procedure, it seemed to be a given that they all would.

Whether the clowns in charge decide to go to L4 is another matter all together and I'm really hoping that doesn't happen

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

Advertisement