Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW4 Captain

Options
  • 01-10-2020 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,236 ✭✭✭✭

Who you got?

Could be a mixed bag this week before the international break, plenty to choose from.

EDIT: I've Salah down at home to Villa (AVI) but Liverpool are actually away if anyone is able to edit.

GW4 Captain? 170 votes

Werner (CRY)
    55% 94 votes
    DCL (BRI)
    2% 4 votes
    KDB (lee)
    2% 4 votes
    Sterling (lee)
    14% 25 votes
    Vardy (BUR)
    3% 6 votes
    Ings (WBA)
    1% 2 votes
    Auba (SHU)
    2% 4 votes
    Jimi (FUL)
    3% 6 votes
    Fernandes (TOT)
    4% 8 votes
    Salah (AVI)
    0% 0 votes
    Other (please mention in thread)
    10% 17 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Porthallian

On Jimi for now. But depends if I get Vardy in for Werner.
    Or KdB if he's top of the poll.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,252 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Jimi. That Fulham defence. No brainer

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Okon

gammygils wrote: »

Werner against a West Brom defence seemed a 'no brainer' this time last week! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

King Kev.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

gammygils wrote: »

I have podence, samedo and Jiminez vs fulham this weekend. Do i captain jimenez also though?

Do have KDB, Salah, DCL (punt on DCL may not be the worst idea)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,087 ✭✭✭✭CSF

There’s a few good options this week. If you’ve any of KDB, Sterling, Salah, Jimenez and Ings you’ve very good captain options available to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Tempted by Wilson but will probably bottle it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I have podence, samedo and Jiminez vs fulham this weekend. Do i captain jimenez also though?

Do have KDB, Salah, DCL (punt on DCL may not be the worst idea)

way too overinvested in Wolves if you captain Jimi imo. i think KDB and Salah are better options anyway.

Between KDB and Salah for me. Leeds' gung ho approach, Villa's good start (esp defensively) and Salah's tendency to score his goals at home is tilting me towards KDB

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭dockysher

Kane. On form and man utd are terrible

Morzadec wrote: »
    way too overinvested in Wolves if you captain Jimi imo. i think KDB and Salah are better options anyway.

Between KDB and Salah for me. Leeds' gung ho approach, Villa's good start (esp defensively) and Salah's tendency to score his goals at home is tilting me towards KDB

Very much my thoughts thank you. But, fulham are WOEFUL. I've watched them agains Villa, defence is non existent. Its like norwich all over again.

Will go with KDB though, penalties, free kicks, corners and Leeds dont really like to defend makes for good combination. I suppose should jiminez go on a rampage I will still benefit anyways (hopefully with some podence assists)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

jimi to make up for last weeks zero

Surprised to see sterling with no votes maybe no one owns him, im debating bringing him in for a -4 and captaining him.

but if not ill put on KDB i think

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Ings or Jimi I think

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

Jimi I think this week, or kdb or salah .

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Okon

I went with KDB as my C for this week. Man City surely can't be as bad as they was last weekend...

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Surprised to see sterling with no votes maybe no one owns him, im debating bringing him in for a -4 and captaining him.

but if not ill put on KDB i think

I have KDB and Bruno and money in the bank to do sterling for Bruno for -4.. not sure to play it safe and hold while captaining KDB or risk the -4 and captain Sterling...

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    I have KDB and Bruno and money in the bank to do sterling for Bruno for -4.. not sure to play it safe and hold while captaining KDB or risk the -4 and captain Sterling...

Ya I came off the idea a little after I posted, not sure i want to be taking hits the week before internationals, also Citys fixtures aren't great coming up and they didnt look great the last night.

on the flip side, I never feel comfortable putting the C on KDB, leeds seem to concede a lot of goals and sterling most likely a striker

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Jimi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Think im going to give PEA one more shot...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭thomasm

KDB, that game could be the highest scoring game of the season

• Advertisement

thomasm wrote: »
    KDB, that game could be the highest scoring game of the season

I am torn between KDB and Jiminez. There will be goals in city Leeds game for sure but Fulham are just so so so so poor.

So so so poor.

I suppose i need to avoid being greedy and go for KDB, but damn its particularly hard this gw

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 396 ✭✭Open the Pubs

Jimenez again. Fulham are bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Fulham are awful defensively. But are Wolves that good so far? Haven't seen them play much. 3 losses in a row (granted 1 was to City, another in the CC). And 1 goal scored in those 3 games. Not exactly scoring for fun.

On the flip side, Jimi has 2 goals in 3 PL games. Maybe I'm being overly critical.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Fulham are awful defensively. But are Wolves that good so far? Haven't seen them play much. 3 losses in a row (granted 1 was to City, another in the CC). And 1 goal scored in those 3 games. Not exactly scoring for fun.

On the flip side, Jimi has 2 goals in 3 PL games. Maybe I'm being overly critical.

I'm hopeful this is the right level of thinking.... Wolves did loose 4-0 to west ham last week, if Leicester win and wolves don't ...I win over €400 in a work last man standing

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I was leaning towards KDB but with the Mane news I may go with Salah. I seem to recall he returns better when Mane isn't around. Vice-captain choice will be important this week assuming the virus has spread around the squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Sterling. Feels like his kind of game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,667 ✭✭✭sheroman01

KDB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Mane news certainly stirred the pot regarding captaincy. Still leaning with king Kev. Will see how I feel in the morning..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Has to be KDB. Expecting a minimum of 12 points before the multiplier kicks in.

• Advertisement

Flip-flopping like a mofo.

KDB and Jimenez.

Currently on Jimenez.

Advertisement