Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Oneplus Nord 5G issue (Firmware solved)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Falconire

I'm also looking to get the OnePlus Nord N10 5g and use it with three 5g. Do I have to get three to enable my account to accept this phone for 5g or should it happen automatically now?

The issue with the Nord was not three but OnePlus needing to released a updated firmware to get 5G working.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 darraghsmyth

Falconire wrote: »
    The issue with the Nord was not three but OnePlus needing to released a updated firmware to get 5G working.

Ah ok, thanks. So presumably any new OnePlus bought from now should include that update onboard or soon after.

OnePlus have pushed an official software update to the OnePlus Nord 10.5.11.AC01BA and it enables 5G on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DimKyr

I have OS version 11.1.1.2.AC01BA, and got a 5G plan with Eir. Still no luck with 5G. Any ideas?

DimKyr wrote: »
    I have OS version 11.1.1.2.AC01BA, and got a 5G plan with Eir. Still no luck with 5G. Any ideas?

I am on the same OS version and have 5G is working with 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 DimKyr

Thanks Falconire. I've been onto Eir multiple times and their best suggestion so far is to try and use my SIM card on another 5G device! I guess that will prove that it is the device's fault rather than Eir's...
    I have of course replaced my SIM in an Eir store with no luck! Also, none of my closest connections have a 5G device, and I have tried asking for help in three separate Eir stores. The closest I reached was one of their employees who told me he'd happily test it on his own phone but there is no cover in-store, so we wouldn't be able to tell. Unfortunately, none of the three shops had any devices that we could test this on...
    Anyone else trying to use 5G with OnePlus Nord & Eir?

EDIT: my OS version is now 11.1.1.3.AC01BA

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Anyone else looking forward to the Oneplus Nord 2 announcement this Thursday?

Some really impressive specs (nothing fully confirmed yet):

50mpxl camera similar to OP9

4500mah with 65W Charging

MediaTek 1200 5G Chip (similar to SD870)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Yeah looks very good, pity it doesn't have WiFi calling otherwise I'd be getting it.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

I ordered one there at 15:00 , the website crashed soon after! 8GB/128GB Grey with Priority shipping for €428.Didn't see any bundle deals, just a couple of euro off some cases and older buds.

Edit - Cancelled the order, instant refund & used the student discount to get it for €408 inc priority shipping, happy days :D

Post edited by rizzee on

Let us know how you get on with it, looks good.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

How/where do you use a student discount? 🙂

Sign up on the OnePlus site and click Education program. Need to be registered on Studentbeans. I used an expired student card and it worked

Referal link if anyone is ordering:

https://www.oneplus.com/ie/invite#PGj5nHoLo7cZ9wbz32pfKw

Post edited by rizzee on

Got the Nord 2 this morning, it's a beauty. On it a couple of hours now getting it set up, I'm very impressed

What network are you with? If you get a chance can you check the WiFi calling to see if it's available.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

I'm on Vodafone. I have decent signal so I've never used it before, but I have the option here to toggle it on anyway:

Over 6.5 hrs SoT today getting it all set up, I love it. Battery was at 16% at one stage after downloading all my apps again and going through settinfs, Warp Charge 19 minutes later was at 95%, insane.

Haven't had a proper chance to go out and test the camera yet, I'm away for the BH weekend so will get a good chance then. Indoor shots seem decent though! I turned HDR Mode off as per advice on some reviews - it's meant to be better when off. We will see.

The speakers are insane! Very loud and good quality. It also sounds even from both sides.

The grey Matt finish gets absolutely no finger prints on it. I'm using the rubber cover now anyway until a decent selection becomes available. The glass protector will be here tomorrow (same screen size as Nord1/CE)

Face unlock, FP is very fast (will register FP again with glass protector tomorrow and update)

The screen is crisp and the 90hz is nice. Obviously not as buttery as 120hz but I'm happy to settle with 90hz and still have a decent battery life.

I don't play games much, maybe 30mins-1 HR a week when killing time, but I'm going to try CoD mobile tomorrow. I had it on my Poco F3 and it was perfect so will be nice to compare.

I've had some of the earlier original OP phones and the original Nord. At this price point it is absolutely amazing value and I would highly recommend it - I usually change my phone's quite often but I can see myself keeping this.

50% off cases and accessories on OP site today

Well any updates on the Nord 2?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

What type of updates?

Still using it - fantastic phone.

Any updates.

What phone did you come from?

I'm thinking of ordering the Nord 2, only 2 colours though and I'm not made on either.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Came from a S21. I'd regularly change my phone's every couple of weeks or months though. Have a few others here but the Nord 2 has been my primary since launch so nearly a month now.

Colours aren't limited if you have a skin! Mine is red now:

• Advertisement

Nice, where did you get the skin? I'm not mad on covers tbh.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

I got it from Xtremeskins based in the UK. Took just under a week to deliver and cost around a tenner including shipping.

Phone arrived anyway and of course WIFI calling doesn't work on gomo, 2 skins arriving this week also 😒 have to send it back some dose.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Ah, that's a pity. I moved to Virgin Mobile last week and there's no option for the WiFi calling so it must be a network-specific displayed setting anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭nightpark

Anyone having further issues with OnePlus 9 with Eir 5G. Eir said it's a OnePlus issue as their sim works in another phone. OnePlus want me to send it for repair but can't tell me what the exact issue is. Any help appreciated.

There's an OP9 thread that might have the answer but I know some OP phones need a specific SW update to enable 5G to work (I know this was the case with the original Nord - the first models came released 4G only and had to wait for a SW update for 5G to work)

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭degzs

Silly question but what do you mean by Wifi calling as thinking off getting the phone and I am with GoMO

Wi-Fi Calling lets you make and receive calls and send messages over a Wi-Fi connection when your mobile network signal isn't available. For this feature to work, your phone must be connected to a Wi-Fi network, have an active SIM card inserted, and Wi-Fi calling must be enabled by your network provider.

Live in a new build which has double insulation which blocks the phone signal so WiFi calling gives me full signal and saves me missing calls and having to go out the back for a proper connection.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

Yeah I bought it too during the week , the grey 12gb/256gb version. amazing phone. I'm coming from the OnePlus 7t pro. In fairness it's nice to get back to a flat screen after using a curved for so long .

I bought the sandstone case with it and there's a really nice feel to it , nice texture.

The battery life is amazing and that it took me just over 20 minutes to get from 15 to 100% is amazing. The sound is really good, I love the feel of the haptics on it when typing as well. The sound is really good on it and I'm getting some nice shots from the camera

Overall very happy with it.

Advertisement