Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Commuting from Naas to Dublin

• 27-09-2020 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, I work near Connolly station and planning to move to Naas (near Blessington road), I am wondering what is the most quickest and convinient way to commute to Dublin from Naas. Driving is not an option so it has to be either a bus or a train. Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Tomrota

Commuter79 wrote: »
    Hi, I work near Connolly station and planning to move to Naas (near Blessington road), I am wondering what is the most quickest and convinient way to commute to Dublin from Naas. Driving is not an option so it has to be either a bus or a train. Many thanks
    Train from Sallins/Naas is great because it’s integrated into the transport network. That means you will have low standard fares just like on the DART, and your spending will be CAPPED on a daily and weekly basis on the LEAP card. There is the Heuston commuter service and the Grand Canal Dock service - you would wanna take the GCD service which stops in Connolly. It is also reliable. However, the trains are extremely overcrowded it’s quite dangerous because they aren’t designed for commuting (no rails, no standing room, etc.) so it’s quite annoying. I’m not sure if it’s still that bad in a post-COVID world. Although I’m not sure how you would get there as the train station is about 6km from the Blessington Road. There is a shuttle bus but there are no local public transport links to the station, the 139 perhaps but that’s really expensive and not integrated. So bad for regular commuting.

The 126 is another option for commuting into town. However, it is very overpriced and is NOT integrated into the transport system which means your spending isn’t capped, and you can’t make transfers without financial penalty. The service is sometimes unreliable. It is comfortable but is outrageously expensive if you’re commuting often.

Lots of people have been campaigning to get the 126 integrated with the transport system to make it a more viable and affordable option but the NTA wants to encourage people to use rail from Naas. So overall not a hotspot for public transport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,472 ✭✭✭✭road_high

JJ Kavannagh buses run a fairly good service to/fron Naas;
    https://jjkavanagh.ie/timetable-detail-page/?RouteNo=737&IsWeb=1&IsCollegeRoute=0&Direction=0&RGrp=Main%20Routes%20%20Airport%20Routes

Also got the Dublin Coach services too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Commuter79

Thank you, this information is very helpful !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Commuter79

Yeah i saw JJ but the second last bus from Dublin is at 5pm and then last one at 9pm, it wouldnt suit me as i finish work at 6pm :(, thanks any way

Yeah i saw JJ but the second last bus from Dublin is at 5pm and then last one at 9pm, it wouldnt suit me as i finish work at 6pm :(, thanks any way

The Dublin Coach Portlaoise service runs every half hour I think, frequent if not the mot reliable at times.

• Advertisement

Don't forget some of the Waterford/Carlow and Clonmel Dublin services go through Naas too- so it's worth digging down into the timetables.
    https://jjkavanagh.ie/timetable-detail-page/?RouteNo=717&IsWeb=1&IsCollegeRoute=0&Direction=1&RGrp=Main%20Routes%20%20Airport%20Routes

Advertisement