Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Cost of having house etc. power washed

• 26-09-2020 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ Stone

Hi Boardsies,

So this may be a bit odd post, but I was approached by a lot of "cowboys" asking if I needed to get my house (white parts), drive way, paved paths and patio power washed .... and quoted me some exorbitant prices.
    So I was wondering what is the going rate to get a whole standard size detached house (in a normal estate) power washed incl. drive way and paths/patio ?

And in case anyone has a good recommendation please PM me those :)

Cheers guys :o

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,664 CMod ✭✭✭✭ spurious

Would it not be cheaper/easier/less risky to hire a setup for a day and do it yourself? Maybe do the neighbours too and split the cost?

http://www.hss.ie/stores/217/galway/galway-tuam-road

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭ JoeA3

Or buy your own power washer. Nilfisk do very good quality domestic washers that aren’t too pricey. Argos often have them on offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,676 ✭✭✭✭ beauf

The few I've seen most are cowboys and blast dirt all over the place, and don't really clean things properly.

To do it properly takes quite a while and doing without creating a mess takes patience and time.

I'd never hire someone who randomly turned up at the door. If someone does a neighbours and does a good job then maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ Stone

spurious wrote: »
    Would it not be cheaper/easier/less risky to hire a setup for a day and do it yourself? Maybe do the neighbours too and split the cost?

http://www.hss.ie/stores/217/galway/galway-tuam-road

Well - unfortunately not everyone is physically able to do it themselves .... :(
    Hence looking for options ....

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Or buy your own power washer. Nilfisk do very good quality domestic washers that aren’t too pricey. Argos often have them on offer.

..... same as previous reply

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭ JoeA3

beauf wrote: »
    The few I've seen most are cowboys and blast dirt all over the place, and don't really clean things properly.

To do it properly takes quite a while and doing without creating a mess takes patience and time.

I'd never hire someone who randomly turned up at the door. If someone does a neighbours and does a good job then maybe.

Exactly my thoughts.
    A power washer in the wrong hands just does more harm than good. Dirt blasted everywhere. Paint blasted off walls, damaged driveway (you’ll lift tarmac with one easily enough...), etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ cena

what kind of house is it. two story?

Recommended John Holland has worked on my house a few times.

https://cleaningdoctor.ie/galway-roscommon/

cena wrote: »
    what kind of house is it. two story?

Yeah ... 2 stories 4 bedrooms detached ....

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭ JRH

There is big difference between proper professional power washer equiptment operated an experienced professional ... and some cheapo diy setup .
    Its a bit like hiring a paint sprayer to touch up your car , chances are youl make a mess , and waste your time and money .

There is also a difference between someone ( doing a bit of powerwashing for cash ) and a true professional .

Like everything you will get what you pay for .

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ bobbyy gee

power washing can damage house
    unless you do it on low pressure

try just a hose

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭ Bazzy

I like in rural Galway have a 5 bed detached house

I paid €280 last year to an experienced guy who done the house and low pressure washed the tarmac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ James Forde

Bazzy wrote: »

I paid €280 last year to an experienced guy who done the house and low pressure washed the tarmac

Can you PM me who you used?

Bazzy wrote: »

Pls PM me the name and details of this lad :)

Advertisement