Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What will your Christmas be like this year?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

I'll be coming home from Spain to be with my family and it will probably be a quiet Christmas and for me that's fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I do think that there needs to be a proper plan in respect to places of worship this Christmas. Closing churches at Christmas after Easter was shut will be tough for many people with strong faith as well as the a la cartes.

Limited Eid prayers were done in Croke park. They should do the same for Christmas mass and televise it for people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,053 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

wes wrote: »
    Limited Eid prayers were done in Croke park. They should do the same for Christmas mass and televise it for people.

Actually, it would be great if they did some sort of carol service from Croke Park. We have the best musicians, performers and singers in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

I usually get a couple of nixers between christmas and new years.

This usually pays for my crimbo and a few pints on NYE. I'll be amazed if this goes ahead this year.

Secondly, all of my three siblings live abroad. If the green list nonsense continues then I may be spending christmas alone with my old pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,405 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

can’t see it being much different to other years. Maybe bit lower key.

I usually get Christmas Eve off work and can’t see that changing.

One thing we’ve noticed already since school re started is less invites for the kids to other kids houses and less school activities that require parental attendance

So I would guess the Christmas carols and school play will not be happening this year.

Other than that we will attend our usual stuff - carols in the local parish church, mass on Christmas Day etc but we won’t over do it

I usually like Stephens day as a day to myself in the pub from mid afternoon watching the football and the horse racing betting and drinking - hopefully that can go ahead

• Advertisement

Wonderful. I am determined it will be so, in spite of a difficult year with the loss of a parent. Covid is cordially uninvited.

Advertisement